Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 344562 times)

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #765 on: April 29, 2007, 08:28:11 am »
I'm trying to rebuild my old team from my day of Pokemon Red. The star of my team was a traded vulpix (turned ninetales) and I want to get one on my newly purchased Pearl. I read on Seribii (sp) that Vulpix only appear in the wild if you have LG inserted into the DS. I don't have LG....

Anybody have a vulpix they'd like to trade? I don't care about level (lower would actually be better, so I can raise it my self)

Any nature that doesn't decrease special attack is fine.
(Adamant, Impish, Jolly and Careful decrease special attack)

I'm pretty early into the game, but I can offer up a Misdreavus, which I hear is pretty rare on other games.

I hope someone can help me out. I'd hate to buy LG just to get a vulpix.
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: April 29, 2007, 10:43:56 am »
Hmmmm and lemme get this straight, you can't use Pal Park from a European game to an American, right?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: April 29, 2007, 01:07:23 pm »
I'm trying to rebuild my old team from my day of Pokemon Red. The star of my team was a traded vulpix (turned ninetales) and I want to get one on my newly purchased Pearl. I read on Seribii (sp) that Vulpix only appear in the wild if you have LG inserted into the DS. I don't have LG....

Anybody have a vulpix they'd like to trade? I don't care about level (lower would actually be better, so I can raise it my self)

Any nature that doesn't decrease special attack is fine.
(Adamant, Impish, Jolly and Careful decrease special attack)

I'm pretty early into the game, but I can offer up a Misdreavus, which I hear is pretty rare on other games.

I hope someone can help me out. I'd hate to buy LG just to get a vulpix.

I can trade you a Vulpix, but I'm not sure if it will let me trade it to you before you have the National Dex.  Does anyone know if that's possible?

Hmmmm and lemme get this straight, you can't use Pal Park from a European game to an American, right?

You can, as long as the games are in the same language, they work fine.  I just brought over a few Pokemon from my European Fire Red into my US Pearl.
But frankly, I don't see why this whole Pal Park thing is necessary.  The balls have a 100% catch rate, the area the Pokemon can appear in is very small, and the keep their original trainer and ID numbers.  What's the point in having to recatch them, why couldn't it just send them straight to your boxes?

Even better, they could have just included most of those Pokemon in the game to begin with.  One of the biggest problems with the game is the lack of variety, there's almost 500 Pokemon now, yet you see the same few constantly for most of the game, and only ONE fire Pokemon, besides the starter, and now that I've finished the elite four, I'm seeing Houndours, Vulpix, Magmars, Camerupts, etc, everywhere.  Small thing to complain about, I know, but they could have spaced them out a little better.

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #768 on: April 29, 2007, 01:50:15 pm »
Open your PAL pad and manually register me as a friend, then just PM me your friend code so I can add you. We should be able to trade then, even without the global dex.

My code is 0086 8841 7944

If anyone else wants to friend me, feel free to add my code to your game and just send me yours via PM
Might help my lotto payoffs a bit ^_^

<edit>

My Name in game is Pinstar as well.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 07:11:46 pm by Pinstar »
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #769 on: April 29, 2007, 01:58:43 pm »
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

I want to order it from that site but my friggin' procrastinating father said next week, that means next month! It'll probably be out by then!

Offline Person21

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: April 29, 2007, 02:06:39 pm »
You're lucky, my mum won't order it at all!!!!
Person21 - As enjoyed by Veraal.
A wise Surface to Air Missile once said about marrying 9 year olds in Saudi Arabia "Its pretty hard to tell if a 9 year old is going to be hot when she grows up, kids change a lot, usually, seems like a bad system. That cute little nine year old you married could end being a fat, zitty teenager."

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #771 on: April 29, 2007, 02:22:33 pm »
Strike that, just bought it! THANKS EBAY!

Question - When you use "Buy It Now" does the item immediately leave for delivery?
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 02:25:14 pm by Alwayswatching »

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: April 29, 2007, 04:04:17 pm »
Well, I beat the Final Four. So is that considered beating the game? If you're wondering it took me about 30 hours of playing time. Well, off to new regions!

When you use "Buy it Now," it means you don't have to do any betting on it and it's sold. Not sure how long it takes to get packed.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: April 29, 2007, 05:12:36 pm »
I want to change my order on that site is there a way to cancel my original order?

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: April 29, 2007, 06:04:17 pm »
Side Note: How does one obtain one's own friend code?

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: April 29, 2007, 06:34:46 pm »
Side Note: How does one obtain one's own friend code?

When you get your Pal Pad turn it on, and it will give you th option of looking at your code.

Here's my code.

PM me if you added me, so I can add you.

Open your PAL pad and manually register me as a friend, then just PM me your friend code so I can add you. We should be able to trade then, even without the global dex.

My code is 0086 8841 7944

If anyone else wants to friend me, feel free to add my code to your game and just send me yours via PM
Might help my lotto payoffs a bit ^_^

We need your name also when adding you

[Edit]

I want to trade, if anyone has any pokemon around level 15 that they don't want I'll take it  ;D
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 06:43:52 pm by Fink »

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: April 29, 2007, 07:38:55 pm »
If you're wondering it took me about 30 hours of playing time. Well, off to new regions!

di you just say that we can go to other regions after the final four? if so, which one(s)?
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: April 29, 2007, 08:08:42 pm »
Ok, I justed used the global trading thing.

It would be nice if they would let you search for what pokemon people want.
I was thinking about getting rid the psyduck my friend gave me, but I don't know what pokemon people want to trade for it.

The whole system is kind of screwy, Theres a guy in japan who will trade a magikarp for a lvl 50+ Ho-Ho... yeah -_-

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: April 29, 2007, 08:13:53 pm »
bah turns out the money orders given at post offices aren't cashable in canada they can give me something for the U.S. but thats no good have to go to the bank tomorrow see if i can get something there.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: April 29, 2007, 09:26:03 pm »
I think the reason for keeping it to 151 pokemon until the very end was to prevent someone from being overwhelmed early on. Honestly, even though I was a little disappointed to find out that I'd have to wait that long to see all of them, being able to progress through the game without stopping to catch a pokemon every 5 minutes is nice. As it is, I have a lot of trouble parting with the pokemon I caught really early on. I have a Staravia and a Luxio that I caught in the first hour of the game, for instance. I just can't replace them. I got a Cranidos and shelved a Machop I got from that first cave, and I just feel like I ditched a big investment for an experience sink.

My point is that for the "Get badges" part of the game, training freshly caught pokemon takes a long time, and it's more of a speed bump than anything. Once I finish the main story arch, though, the game switches to "Fill the pokedex" and "Make an uber-team," and during that time I intend to go through and catch every single pokemon. This is just me, though. Maybe you like collecting as you go, but for me it's a different game that I'm not playing yet.