Author Topic: A Comprehensive Pokémon Thread  (Read 344845 times)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Pokémon: Diamond & Pearl
« Reply #750 on: April 27, 2007, 02:27:42 pm »
Goon: "In return, we'll refrain from inflicting MASSIVE DAMAGE on you and your assistant."

When was this game translated?

I got Pearl today. Just walked in and picked up an import copy off the shelf.

I love living in a town with four videogame stores on the same street.
Not a winner anymore.

gec05

« Reply #751 on: April 27, 2007, 02:31:45 pm »
I think I've seen a few video game joke references in this game.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: April 27, 2007, 04:29:50 pm »
I've seen Noob used a few times, the aformentioned "MASSIVE DAMAGE", a "A winner is you!", and at least one other I forget... oh yeah, owned was used once.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: April 27, 2007, 05:19:14 pm »
words

Point 1) He starts nearly every update with "Well,". That irritates me. Pet hate, but still.

Point 2) He claims all news/sprites/everything is EXCLUSIVE to his site. If anyone else happens to get the same news/data on their site, then Serebii promptly launches into a capslock-infused tirade and sets his sycophant legions upon the offending site until they eventually have to parley with him because of the sheer irritation it causes. Never mind the fact that news/sprites about the same game are going to be the same anyway..

Point 3) Publishes nearly every hoax on the front page as gospel fact and then denies ever believing it when it's disproved.

Point 4) Updates every day in a blog-like fashion that he's too busy to update, complete with bowing-and-scraping levels of apologies, as if the world is ending because he didn't update.

Point 5) As stated, the site itself is horrifying. Godawful layout, heinous colouration, intentionally crippled functionality (ever heard of View Source Code, einstein?) , barely functional server/bandwidth, massive serebii logos everywhere.

Point 6) The forums are awful. No, seriously, they're absolutley terrifying. Worse than GameFAQs awful. Threads about.. certain misapplications of the human sex drive that will not be elaborated upon go completley unmoderated, and even protected by moderators.

Point 7) The chatroom, in addition to being both awful, AND locked down by insanely overzealous ban-bots, AND scripted to mass-praise/acknowledge serebii when he enters the room (I am NOT kidding on that, not even exaggerating), isn't even useful in any way due to people trash talking and shouting down anyone asking for help.

Need I go on? There's so many reasons hate him specifically, then many more to hate his site. I'd have used harsher words in my first post but i'm not sure there are any quite cutting enough that wouldn't get deleted. But the raw content on his site, yeah that's alright. I was planning to make my own kind of pokedex thing at one point, but never got around to it. You just know that modo would instantly start screaming about stolen info and all such as that.

gec05

« Reply #754 on: April 27, 2007, 10:24:55 pm »
I've seen Noob used a few times, the aformentioned "MASSIVE DAMAGE", a "A winner is you!", and at least one other I forget... oh yeah, owned was used once.

Yeah, owned. That made me giggle.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: April 28, 2007, 03:09:38 am »
Still looking for good suggestion on a good site to use for having a game imported.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: April 28, 2007, 10:13:30 am »
http://www.videogamesplus.ca/ is the site I used to import into the UK.  I believe they also ship to Australia.

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 29, 2007, 02:07:14 am »
wintersnowblind, i looked on the site you recommended, and there are multiple paying methods.
can you tell me what Cash/Money Order/Postal Order means? becoase if it means that i pay the postman who brings it to my home its good news!
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: April 29, 2007, 02:40:33 am »
Money or postal order means u go to you local post office and ask for a money order it's like a check they ask you what the value of the money order is and what not then you mail the money order to the the people you are paying and they send you what you order.

I used a money order to for buying games and my Nintendo wifi adapter although I neevr had to do it for shipping overseas but should be the same they may need to make sure the currency conversions are ok not sure though.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #759 on: April 29, 2007, 02:57:21 am »
so, you give money to the post-office, they make a 'check'  kind of thing, they mail that to the people i am paying, and they send back what i order?
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: April 29, 2007, 03:45:34 am »
Basically yeah.

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #761 on: April 29, 2007, 03:55:54 am »
;D that makes importing from that site for me a lot easier! i'll soon check the postal office for this kind of service.

thankyou cobra!
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: April 29, 2007, 04:16:11 am »
Thats cool I'll be heading to the post office tomorrow as well I'm not sure how the currency conversion works for it but hopefully the post office will be half way helpful.

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: April 29, 2007, 06:46:24 am »
on the website theres an option to see prices how you want :) basically it costs about Ł22! and then Ł3 postage and packaging! not only are we gettin it b4 UK release date, but its cheaper than it would be. whoop.
Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #764 on: April 29, 2007, 07:00:20 am »
yeah, when i buy a ds game here in the netherlands, it costs 45 euro's.  here, its around 36 euros! with shipping costs! :D
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality