Author Topic: Ask Your Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Questions  (Read 38572 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Ask Your Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Questions
« Reply #120 on: February 24, 2006, 08:57:18 am »
I will talk about this in my preview, how this will play for people who are completely new to the series. I also tried to do this in the interview during the first 20 minutes and give new people an overview and history of the game. That way the interview has something for everyone and not just the hardcore fans (which was the second half of the interview).

I listened to the interview twice and that is what intrigued me about the game. The fact that you said it was a sandbox and you could take your time and do what you want and how the information panels were easy to understand. I do like games like the Sims but I also like games that have goals that can be met. What I don't like are games that you have to do alot of fighting and have to use combinations of buttons to pick from 20 different fighting skills. Anyway, I think I will definitely get a copy and try it out. I look forward to hearing your review.

Twiggs

« Reply #121 on: February 24, 2006, 09:23:18 am »
I don't normally get excited about games, especially this excited (I'm incredibly excited by the way, in case you're not spying on me).

I plan on making a spitting image of me then take screenies of amazing things and claim it's really me.

I hope they have beards.  Not really big ones though.  Or a beard mod later on...

Because it's common knowledge that real men have beards.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 24, 2006, 09:31:01 am »
I hope they have beards. Not really big ones though. Or a beard mod later on...

Because it's common knowledge that real men have beards.

I'm sure they will. They have the barbarian race again.  And Argonians and Khajit! HUZZAH!

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
  • If those flies loose their eyes, we are in trouble
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 24, 2006, 09:25:16 pm »
In "TheMystic" interview go to 40:30.  It is very funny

*read on if you haven't downloaded the interview or you have a predjudice against TheMystic*

A guy goes into a dongeon, he sees a beautiful thrown.  He sits down in and...*turn on interview, haha*

I'm so evil!
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 24, 2006, 09:36:49 pm »
I think pete was talking about Steve there. He said it was from an interview with someone from New York.

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 24, 2006, 09:40:35 pm »
He said it was yesterday from the interview too. I've already lost track of chronology.
Oh, it looks like the embargo has been lifted, there are a few (not that interesting) pre-views.  They just say all the basic stuff that everyone already knows.  I can't wait for YOUR preview MR. GLICKER (???).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2006, 10:53:04 pm by SumGI »
"By placing a light in a field at night, the boy flies fly in, and as they pass near the light they are unknowingly shot in the reproductives by invisible radiation and sterilized...
They mate and die happy. The female lays her eggs and she dies happy. The eggs die and we are happy..."

Offline Hetz

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 25, 2006, 06:27:35 am »
So is the new podcast with your impressions coming up today. Steve? :)

Offline SumGI

• Joust Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: February 25, 2006, 10:00:16 am »
So is the new podcast with your impressions coming up today. Steve? :)
Hmm yeah?
I have one question Steve: You aren't going to give spoilerish stuff away are you? Well, I guess the first few bits of the game really don't matter if they are spoiled I will still be amazed.
EDIT: maybe Steve has a little song for "SPOILER ALERT"
EDIT: It didn't seem like a spoiler, yay!
EDIT: Did you play the Game HDR enabled?  Was it anything special?
« Last Edit: February 27, 2006, 08:48:57 pm by SumGI »