Author Topic: Wipeout!  (Read 2378 times)

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
Wipeout!
« on: September 11, 2009, 10:50:03 pm »
Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/wipeout?blend=1&ob=4

Don't know if anyone's been watching this show, but it's freakin hilarious.

The basic premise is an obstacle course, but they went up a notch.  The idea is to make sure there isn't a single perfect run.  Time is your only limit, if you fail you gotta keep on embarrassing yourself anyways.

Then you get the accompanyment of the two commentators, John Henson and John Anderson.  These guys spend the whole show mocking the contestants, giving them nicknames, and drawing on the screen to accentuate the constant stream of jokes.

Imagine Ninja Warrior, but in english, hosted by comedians, and making sure that the bad ones get as much screentime as possible.  For example, one regular event is the Sweeper, a giant foam stick that spins over a circle of ten foot high pedestals.  The contestants each have one pedestal to stand on and must jump over the sweeper arm as it passes or fall in the water.  Last six move on to the next round, but they keep going until everyone falls and the last person gets a bonus thousand dollars.  They even get to humiliate the winners.

Overall it's a great show.  If you haven't caught an episode yet, you should definitely see it.  It'll be worth your time.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
Re: Wipeout!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2009, 03:22:24 am »
Copyright Restrictions.

God#*&$#*@&$*@)&$*#@(*$&@#*$, *%#(*%#.....#$@.

Oh well. I lived without it, I can continue living without it.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2009, 06:03:06 am »
There is apparently an Australian version of this show as well. Which I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole from what I have seen of it.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2009, 08:15:10 am »
It looks like the second stupidest, most pointless show on TV.  No skill, the whole way it's entertaining is seeing people fall in the water.  Woopdee-freaking do.  The stupidest show is "I survived a Japanese game show".  I've seen a couple of Japanese game shows.  They're not like that show at all.  They're less about knowledge and more about endurance and strength.  In other words, they're athletic.  The tasks may seem strange but not like the show is portraying them.  "Wipeout" is just a rip-off of Ninja Warriors.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2009, 07:36:12 pm »
The few times I've enjoyed that show were ruined by the utterly retarded commentary and edits, such as when one woman didn't see the pole she should have grabbed, shouted "where's the pole?" and fell off the end. They replayed that sound clip about twenty times with stupid commentary to match, and then looped the fall for about 15 seconds.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 05:45:47 am »
Suddenly I am not bothered by not being able to watch the show.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 09:49:14 am »
Look at the time.  They didn't loop the where's the pole clip, she was doing that the whole time.