Author Topic: Sporedum Editorial: Spore GA, success or failure?  (Read 4801 times)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Sporedum Editorial: Spore GA, success or failure?
« on: September 02, 2009, 11:28:26 pm »
I have always thought that critical thinking was missing in large from the Spore community. I therefore am now going to post regularly over at Sporedum about controversial issues in the Spore community. Every few weeks i will be posting a Sporedum Editorial, discussing the latest events of the Spore world in-depth. I do hope you enjoy and comments is most appreciated! We are looking for people who wish to write about events in the spore community so if you are interested please comment below or over at sporedum.

Editorial: Spore Galactic Adventures, success or failure?

It has now been 2 months since the release of the popular first expansion to spore, Galactic Adventures, and in this time, plenty has been said on its merits, and where it failed. Spore Galactic Adventures was built to revive the dream that was partially lost in Spore, by not only enhancing the space stage through the addition of adventures, but allowing players to create their own missions for thousands of others to play.

The lead up to Spore Galactic Adventures was rather large for an expansion, with Maxis teaming up with Robot Chicken to create some exclusive adventures which have become very popular. Another key factor in the run up to the release was the Adventure Camp, which helped, along with the Robot Chicken adventures, to hype Galactic Adventures up to being a game making engine, one which could rejuvenate Spore, and give it the much needed kick it needed.

Continue Reading

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
Re: Sporedum Editorial: Spore GA, success or failure?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2009, 05:19:35 pm »
I don't really play the Space Stage much due to its repetitiveness. But I do play the adventures though.

I love the Adventure Creator, but I do agree that they've could've done better. Even though I can conclude that Spore was not meant to be too complex, surely I would like it if we were allowed to make more complex missions, like with triggers and dialogue webs and such.

But I still think Galactic Adventures is great.
Ichthyostega

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2009, 08:23:15 pm »
Hey Icthy!
Been a while since I saw you :)
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2009, 02:08:27 am »
Yeah it seems like you can only do so much even with adventures. Also I am getting sick of people just re-posting my adventures as their own after I spend a bunch of time making them.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 09:26:04 am »
I agree, the adventure creator could use some more depth, but it is pretty easy to use now, and almost anyone can pick it up and use it, which, I suppose is a plus.

Still, I just can't seem to make good adventures :P
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2009, 03:20:36 pm »
Hey Icthy!
Been a while since I saw you :)

I may not post very much nowadays, but I'm still lurking.

Yeah it seems like you can only do so much even with adventures. Also I am getting sick of people just re-posting my adventures as their own after I spend a bunch of time making them.

So much creative potential with the Adventure Creator, yet if things were slightly more customizable, think of what cool missions we could make rather than a linear plot. As for people just reuploading adventures of somebody else, that is a problem, since in the Most Popular Adventures, its only Clark and Stanley adventures and reuploads of Maxis adventures. Check your buddies for good adventures I suppose.

But still, I think this is a path in the right direction, but could've been done a tad bit better.
Ichthyostega

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 07:41:31 pm »
Yeah I'm disapointed with the lack of things Im able to do with the adventure creator. Like multiple objectives in a Chapter (Max is 3 which is not enough),