Author Topic: Help- i preorderd now how do i get to DL it ?  (Read 12634 times)

Offline Spore-addict

• Kaboom Boomer!
    • View Profile
Re: Help- i preorderd now how do i get to DL it ?
« Reply #60 on: June 18, 2008, 08:54:40 am »
had the same issues as you guys. I downloaded the ea downloader and logged in. Voila, found my file.

But the frustrations are not over.

I cant register, so what fun is it to make creatures you cant brag about lol.

Master Raytracer Spore-addict = KarmaCowboy

See you out there, feel free to comment my creatures.

Offline Amazingchi

• Mystery House Madman
  • It's sooo close!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2008, 09:03:36 am »
Anyone still having problems with this? 

I just pre-ordered the downloadable version today, and I'm not seeing any download link.  I'm not sure if this is supposed to take a while or not, but the order confirmation e-mail I recieved does not really give me any information on how long it may take for the order to process.

Again if you have recieved the e-mail saying it's ready to download, then copy and paste the line that starts 'ealink' and ends with '..', into a browser tab, it will popup saying it's a command for EA Download, press OK and your download starts!

Oh and uninstall the free trial if you have it first.

Offline leanbarton

• Mystery House Madman
  • CrushYoMind in Sporepedia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2008, 09:06:25 am »
Am i the only one using a Mac ?

Really desperate at the moment  :'(

Is there really no way for me to get the Spore CC
without using a EA Download Manager for PC ?

I purchased it, i have the Link for the Download... and now ?

:-[

Sounds like you bought the PC version. Atleast on the US EA Store is says "Mac users click here for the Creature Creator."  Which then forwards you to gametreeonline.com which just shows that the Spore Creature Creator is coming soon.

http://www.gametreeonline.com/ea/spore

Perhaps it'll show up soon.

Offline JustinMM

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 18, 2008, 10:59:59 am »
This is strange.  I just checked my order information at the EA Store and it says that no orders were found.  It has no history of my order whatsoever.  This is getting rediculous.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 18, 2008, 11:31:52 am »
 Correction, your order does exist. Go into the Eastore, click the Customer Service link. Log in. You will see most likely that your order was delayed and put on Submitted mode. At the moment ea has hundreds of thousands of incoming registrations and they simply weren't prepared do to the fact they were trying to sort out several other issues from the Trial coming out early. Basically they put people on hold to keep the machine even running. Dont worry itll be sorta out in a few days.

Offline MTCason

• Mystery House Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 18, 2008, 11:33:43 am »
Correction, your order does exist. Go into the Eastore, click the Customer Service link. Log in. You will see most likely that your order was delayed and put on Submitted mode. At the moment ea has hundreds of thousands of incoming registrations and they simply weren't prepared do to the fact they were trying to sort out several other issues from the Trial coming out early. Basically they put people on hold to keep the machine even running. Dont worry itll be sorta out in a few days.

Was this verified through their Tech Support or something?

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 18, 2008, 11:39:31 am »
  Well that generally seems to be the consensus among the people I've communicated with. Not to mention a few of my friends were about to download when they got there emails and before they could they were brang back to submitted mode. Personally I got my email and it worked just dandy. I also should note I did a full uninstall of all Spore information and backed up my creatures before installing. When I first tired to install the EADM wouldnt see the software. With a uninstall of SCC and the EADM it works just fine for me. Plus I was able to use my registry from before when I had the trial. ;D

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 18, 2008, 11:49:34 am »
Your registry shouldn't have anything to do with wether or not you can even download it. If you have problems installing it, maybe, but not downloading.  This is an epic fail on EA's part. What did they think was going to happen? What happened on the weekend should have been a preview of things to come. I would rather them get everything sorted out before releasing the CC.  It doesn't take much to realize there will be a huge demand on the server. Why the hell weren't they ready for it. They knew how many orders they had. They knew there was going to be a rush when they released it.  How they aren't repared for any of this is beyond me. 
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline JustinMM

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 18, 2008, 01:07:14 pm »
Ok, I got it, and it rocks.  Thanks guys.

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 18, 2008, 01:15:10 pm »
It's like they're adding salt to the wound.  Anyways, downloaded the free trial yesterday, created a good 5 creatures, and decided "aww hell, I'll go for the full version."  I bought it 2 and a half hours ago, got the confirmation email an hour after the purchase.  I still can't download the full version, uninstalled the trial version ahead of time thinking it can't take more than 2 hours to get a digital download purchase to come through.  I get tired and send their CS an email.  I get an email back from EA, it's a "Download the free CC trial!  Now available!"  It just grated my nerves even more, I already downloaded the free trial yesterday, I bought the full version today, and it is still not available!

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 18, 2008, 02:13:36 pm »
Wow, this is a joke.

It's 2, it was supposed to be released 4 hours ago. I still haven't gotten it. Although I did get a nice Spore newsletter saying the trial is available for download. Awesome.. I'm sure I'll get it eventually. Way to drop the ball EA

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 18, 2008, 05:31:02 pm »
7 after hours after purchasing it, I am finally downloading it.  Not only did I have to track down their customer service number because they don't have it posted on their website, they had long wait times.  They got it fixed right away, while the online support has sent me one generic response telling me I can download it (when I couldn't).  Then at the end, they told me if I have any further inquiries to go through their web support, yeah right.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 18, 2008, 05:44:51 pm »
I went out of my way to stop by Wal-Mart and buy a physical copy on TOP of my digital copy because I expected the EA Store to suck. It does. It's slow. However since it's downloading, I won't install the CD yet.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2008, 09:31:06 am »
SO I finally talk to a human after being on hold for who knows how long.  I explain my problem
EA: It might take a while to download because we are experiencing high volume
me  I can't even download it, it's not even an option. This has nothing to do with downloading I'm calling because I don't have the option to download
EA: Well we are experiencing higher then normal lag time
me: I got my email yesterday at 10:04 AM, that was almost 24 hours ago, that is a bit more then lag time.
EA: I see, what's your order number?
-I give it to him-
EA: hold on one moment
EA: Yeah so I checked it, everything is fine. It's just going to take a while to be processed. If it isn't processed in another 48 hours call us back.
me: You want me to wait another 48 hours?
EA: yes, we are experiencing high volume
me: You know what, just cancel my order.

NEVER buying from EA again