Author Topic: Gripe Thread  (Read 428288 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Gripe Thread
« Reply #3135 on: December 11, 2011, 10:20:22 am »
Ever since the Final Fantasy V remix project their work has gotten really bad. Whoever is directing the projects has either lost their ear or just doesn't have an ear for what type of music fits each game.

Also they seem to be doing them faster and faster, which is probably part of the problem.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3136 on: February 14, 2012, 08:42:00 pm »
Well, looks like my YouTube account has gotten hacked now, and the ass changed the password.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #3137 on: February 15, 2012, 02:30:44 am »
Well, looks like my YouTube account has gotten hacked now, and the ass changed the password.
Uh, those are attached to your gmail account. So yeaaaah, you might be ****ed. But other than that, try to reset the password.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3138 on: February 15, 2012, 06:20:54 am »
This one wasn't, it's pretty old and it was separate. I DID change my gmail account to a ridiculously unbreakable password and opened up a connected YouTube account on that. Fresh start I suppose.

Offline Slinky

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • hey there
    • View Profile
« Reply #3139 on: February 15, 2012, 10:29:36 am »
Here's a gripe: I'm going to get a ZX Spectrum computer. The problem is, I need to know how to make game cassettes. I've done extensive googling (for a dial-up connection)  and all I know is that I'm gonna need a casette tape maker for my computer. ANyone know how to do this from downloaded images?

It's not piracy, luckily, since these games are abandonware.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 10:31:52 am by Slinky2* »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3140 on: February 21, 2012, 09:05:49 am »
My gripe is that my CIS 111 computer foundations teacher thinks its fun to make our homework due dates all random each week and not tell us, So because I'm busy with work and other classes I barely have the time to get the homework done let alone notice its due a day after the class ends

why cant he just do what every other college class does, and make it due the following weeks class

not like I need to know the basics of programming when I'm already taking 4 programming classes at the same time and doing fine in those anyway...

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3141 on: February 22, 2012, 02:46:11 pm »
My gripe? Online course requests. Yes, we have those in high school.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Great Distance

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3142 on: March 03, 2012, 02:16:08 pm »
Everything that usually works just fine and tends to be a given has just been not working at all the past few days. I seem to find this somewhat frustrating for some reason.

Offline sgore

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #3143 on: March 03, 2012, 02:25:37 pm »
That indeed can be frustrating and happens on occasion. Unless it's something drastic (which I certainly hope it isn't), the universe normally falls back into place soon enough. In the meantime I hope everything works out for you.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3144 on: March 10, 2012, 09:29:38 am »
I really don't like library time limits on computers. Oh well.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #3145 on: March 13, 2012, 07:40:53 pm »
Alright, so we have ants in our kitchen. They seem to emerge from behind/beneath our oven.
Following internet advice, we have crafted a Borax+powdered sugar mixture and placed it in strategic locations.
We will soon be pulling the oven, and probably the fridge as well, to investigate further, do some deep cleaning, and to plant more poison.

My gripe is that I hate killing ants. I like ants. Though I REALLY hate seeing swarms of them in my kitchen enough to really want them dead, I still feel kinda bad.
Borax, when digested by these insects, turns into a gas and pretty well makes them burst inside.

:(

They're just teeny tiny black ants. A lot smaller than I remember black ants when we had a larger property.
They send out parties of ten or so at a time, and it eventually builds up to a hundred if we don't notice. I only noticed because our cutting board is clear glass..
That was disturbing.
They will soon have no food to take back, but if we can poison enough of them, I'm certain their nest will be thoroughly screwed.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2012, 07:43:10 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #3146 on: March 13, 2012, 07:59:04 pm »
The only humane solution:

There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Inkling

• Strider Hiryu
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3147 on: March 13, 2012, 08:09:34 pm »
Kill em all and let God sort em out.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #3148 on: March 13, 2012, 08:16:10 pm »
Heaven must be swarming...

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3149 on: March 14, 2012, 05:24:00 pm »
My gripe today is waiting four hours in a dentist chair waiting for the dentist to fix a small chip in my tooth. Four hours of boredom... But what is this? A television? I can watch it while I wait? Oh good now I can do something rather then just sit here doing nothing after all. Whats on? Wait only one channel? Alright whats on it.... PEOPLE TALKING ABOUT HOW MUCH THEY SAVED ON HOME FURNITURE AND HOW GOOD IT LOOKED IN THEIR HOMES.

Sjajdjaidasdjajdiasodadsadsajdsadjsadjasjdsajdkjfisdgniogncawdjmiapcmpcmamwdnsncinwacoamcwdmamcmmpcmpacdmasmaspcm

Sorry. I hate shows like that in general. Didn't help that there was no way for me to turn it off. I don't care how much you saved on that leather sofa its still a spawn of Satan with its stickiness.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier