Author Topic: Death Cab For Cutie  (Read 2354 times)

Offline T-BirD

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
Death Cab For Cutie
« on: December 24, 2005, 12:22:32 am »
So there I was, actually watching TV for the first time in a month or so, and I was watching Comedy Central's "Last Laugh 2005" or something like that...and one of the intermission acts was Death Cab for Cutie - a band I'd heard about in name off and on over the past few years but never paid any attention to.

....and what I heard on comedy central BLEW ME AWAY!  I thought "Wow, this is amazing!  This sound is spectacular!  How did I miss this for so long?!!"

So the next time I was at Best Buy, I picked up 2 of their CD's.  One was $10.00, the other 14.  Not much, in other words.

I then proceed to listen to them, and guess what!  The incredible aural experience I witnessed on TV was nowhere to be found on either CD.  In fact, there was only one song that I even kinda-sorta liked.

Luckily, they didn't cost that much.

However, this really reminds me of why I almost entirely stopped buying CD's in the first place, back in the late 90's.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Re: Death Cab For Cutie
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 12:41:37 pm »
Maybe that song would be available on itunes if you download music.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 12:10:13 pm »
Postal Service is better! BWA HAHAHAH!

Technically the same band members, some of them split off and made Postal Service. Everyone should check these  guys out, they have such a crazy cool sound to them. It kinda reminds me of the music from Shockwave games, Life Aquatic soundtrack, and some techno combined with emo lyrics. It is so awesome. At least listen to one of their tracks on Amazon. It's worth it.

I like Death Cab too though, but Postal more.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline mik

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Fanboys
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2006, 09:16:29 pm »
I really like Death Cab. The Photo Album is their best disc, IMO. (hopefully that's not one of the ones you bought and disliked  ;))