Poll

Should posts in Forum Games count towards your total posts?

Yes, posts in Forum Games should add to the total.
27 (58.7%)
No, posts in Forum Games should not add to the total.
19 (41.3%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Author Topic: Forum Games Post Count  (Read 24457 times)

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
Re: Forum Games Post Count
« Reply #75 on: November 15, 2006, 08:11:32 pm »
Um, are you waiting until there is a greater difference in votes, or are we just waiting for Steve to do something about it?

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2006, 08:15:35 pm »
I say yes. But I simply don't care for anyone's total post count.

I've seen truly stupid people in forums (not saying in GamingSteve, but not denying some might be in GamingSteve) with high post counts. And real intelligent people with not so many posts. I don't see much point in post count besides the fact we know who responds to topics more than other people. Doesn't mean much.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #77 on: November 22, 2006, 06:16:52 pm »
People post reasons in here! Don't be lazy! Come on! Voice your opinions! One can't accurately understand one's community if the community doesn't voice their opinions. Also, only 29 votes! That's only 1.3% of the population! That simply isn't enough to be accurate.

Have I made my point? ;)

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 22, 2006, 07:50:50 pm »
Oh who cares why people vote the way they did? There is a clear majority in "No".

I've got my pen ready. Gimme a call when you're ready sir.

:)

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 22, 2006, 08:02:59 pm »
There is a clear majority in "No".

3 votes is a very clear majority.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Daxx

• Golden Axe Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 22, 2006, 08:29:44 pm »
There is a clear majority in "No".

3 votes is a very clear majority.

No-one's actually posted anything compelling to the effect of "yes", though.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 24, 2006, 12:28:35 pm »
i'm not bothered either way, yes well people post there to have fun and it's the sort of community spirit that counts, no because people are posting to spam and get there post counts up.

Offline sgore

• SunDog Pilot
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 24, 2006, 01:23:00 pm »
I'd be more for the split into 2 fourms idea...(One for RP, one for everything else)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Lualmoba

• Zaxxon Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 24, 2006, 06:00:09 pm »
I thought we had finally decided that Steve would do it if he had time, but maybe not.
Either way, there isn't as much need for that anymore, is there?

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: December 04, 2006, 12:01:05 am »
I voted yes, forum games posts should count. I voted like this because I believe its a good place for people to have fun and get to know each other, same like in "Everything Else" If forum Games counts are removed then so should everything else that isnt to do with Spore
Good Grief!

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #85 on: December 04, 2006, 06:17:44 am »
I voted yes, forum games posts should count. I voted like this because I believe its a good place for people to have fun and get to know each other, same like in "Everything Else" If forum Games counts are removed then so should everything else that isnt to do with Spore

Wait, just because it isn't Spore related the post count shouldn't count? ??? I'm sorry, I am not following your logic there.

Offline Danger Mouse

• Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: December 04, 2006, 11:11:02 pm »
Well neither is forum games, and if they shouldnt count, neither should anything that isnt Spore related, because there is the chance to spam in each forum which is off-topic (get where Im going?), so maybe we should do what was suggessted before and take away all post counts,  and make it hidden
Good Grief!

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: December 05, 2006, 02:29:13 am »
*Reads six pages of text* *Looks around confused*

So, should Forum Games' posts count? Please vote and give your reasons as to why you voted the way you did.
I voted yes in this poll weeks ago. I didn't see why the fun, socializing activities of bored people shouldn't count toward their totals. I still don't.

There is spam in every forum here. I don't see how singling out one of them will stop of any of it.

< --- Everyone seems hung up on the stars and numbers on the left, there. Who really cares? The stars are arbitrary and meaningless. I thought they were for decoration. I don't even understand how anyone could even have their ego stroked by them. It's not like we're in the military and someone with five stars can order a one star to their death or to do anything, really. They don't tell me if the poster is reliable or knowledgable about the subject at hand. Their POST does!

The only time I even look at the post count is when someone posts a new topic about something that already has one. Even then, it's just to gauge how frustrated I should be.

I don't have five stars yet, but I feel like a member of the community, because people have actually asked me for my opinion on topics. There are people here with less than a hundred posts who I wish would post more and people with over a thousand posts who I quietly wish could shut up for a minute.

If the moderators think a post is spam, they should delete it.
After that, all posts are equal. Either count them all or don't count them at all.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #88 on: December 05, 2006, 07:32:08 am »
Well neither is forum games, and if they shouldnt count, neither should anything that isnt Spore related, because there is the chance to spam in each forum which is off-topic (get where Im going?), so maybe we should do what was suggessted before and take away all post counts,  and make it hidden

This isn't a Spore forum; it wasn't created for Spore. Spore was just a side effect that happened because Steve made his awesome podcast about Spore right after GDC 2005.

If the moderators think a post is spam, they should delete it. 

I agree with you there, Slartibartfast. The problem is everyone has a different opinion as to what spam actually is. However, this poll was never about spam. It was about making that number closer to meaning something (because right now it is, I agree, pretty meaningless).

If spam is to be combated effectively, we need to come up with a more formal definition of what exactly qualifies as spam.

Offline Slartibartfast

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
  • Do they speak English in What?
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: December 05, 2006, 06:56:13 am »
This might be off topic but, no matter what I try when I hit show new replies this thread is still coming up.  I've read it and marked it as read four times.  What's going on?