Author Topic: [RG] The Protoik (explanation inside)  (Read 5183 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [RG] The Protoik (explanation inside)
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 07:22:28 pm »
Oh, yeah. Kitkat gives living crystals, that's perfectly sane.
Technically, they're all just glorified computers. [/nitpick]
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 10:49:37 pm »
After what you just said, I don't WANT to RP in your dumb "Alpha Cluster" or what ever the heck you call it anyway!  >:(
Ahhh, sour grapes. Too bad!

These seem surprisingly similar to the Blells, except the Blells are just blobs of stem cells while these are hive mind bacteria, from what I've gathered.

Sure, they can RP too. Just try and update all of your creations instead of abandoning older ones for newer ones, 'mkay?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2010, 03:15:42 pm »
After what you just said, I don't WANT to RP in your dumb "Alpha Cluster" or what ever the heck you call it anyway!  >:(
Ahhh, sour grapes. Too bad!

These seem surprisingly similar to the Blells, except the Blells are just blobs of stem cells while these are hive mind bacteria, from what I've gathered.

Sure, they can RP too. Just try and update all of your creations instead of abandoning older ones for newer ones, 'mkay?

Fine. No objections.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2010, 05:06:25 pm »
ORGANISMS:
Enforcer
Speed:Moderate-High (18 kts)
Eyes:8
Armour: Thick Skin
Weapon:Short Range Focused Electric Discharger
Size: Medium, around size of Hammerhead Shark
Bio: Peace keepers and light combatants, Enforcers are fast, agile creatures that are able to take moderate punishment. Their attack is a focused electric discharge, which is powerful, but as stated, limited in range, as the charge begins to loose focus and disipate into the water after about 50 ft.

Supplier
Speed:Slow (about 8 kts)
Eyes:2
Armour: Skin
Weapon:N/A
Bio: Suppliers are creatures that eat virtually anything. They consume food, then process it. With the leftover nutrients, rather than expelling them, are made into a nutrient-rich "soup", which is then put into syringe-like injectors. Then, the Supplier injects these nutrients into the other creatures, or fills a special node with this liquid to automate the process. Automated feeders are only located in larger, more powerful colonies.

Consumer
Speed: Very Slow (about 4.5 kts)
Eyes:2
Armour:Skin
Weapons: N/A
Bio: Consumers are simply land versions of suppliers. But the one difference is that rather than injecting the soup into other creatures, they "sick" it back up, similar to how bees "sick" up digested pollen as honey. The Suppliers eat the sicked up soloution and add it to their own reserve. Like the Supplier, the Consumer feeds itself, rather than being injected with the nutrients it needs.

There's a few for now. I'll do some more later, or possibly tomorrow, we'll see.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2010, 04:59:30 pm »
((Inspired to do this, so don't whine!))
Weapons used by Consumers
The Consumers have no weapons on their own, but their are several other creatures that are grown weapons. Some of them are simple, others are pretty out there.

1.Electroroach
The Electroroach is a large insect-like creature about the size of a Guinney Pig. It has 8 claw-like legs that will attach to any extremity (arm/leg/ect) and will bond with that person, leaving a small space. It will reattach to that same spot every time. It links itself to the nervous system of the host, and forms a symbiotic relationship with it. They are equipped with a smaller version of the Electric Discharger mounted on Enforcer. They are actually very playful animals, and even when they bind with someone, they will still attempt to play with other people, as long as they are not deemed as a threat. They are also very intelligent, and use this to their advantage, even learning basic speech skills. Some have even been inteligent enough to speak fluently.

2.Acid Wyrm
The Acid Wyrm is an animal similar to the Electroroach that fires a small organic torpedo with an acid charge. It is longer, like a rifle, and does not bond with the user, rather has a spot where when agitated, will cause it to launch. It is generally held by a foot, and is supported by the mouth, as it can eat like a Supplier or Consumer. It uses the food it takes in to form the torpedos and acid.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2010, 04:44:13 pm »
I like these guys! And just saying ginney pig is guinea pig.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2010, 10:01:42 pm »
Spacecraft
The Protoik are fresh into space, and their military is tiny. They have about 13 ships, and that's it. They are growing more, but it takes awhile, and they are looking for a prospective alliance to help protect them. Their ships are generally armed with SSSES..uh...SS...um...damnitall, what are they called..... . . THE SUBSPACE GUN THINGYS THE OREALYANIS USE!
Yeah, anyway....>.> <.<

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2010, 10:50:15 pm »
String Energy Amplification Through Concentrated Emission of SubSpace Vibration cannons, or SEACESSV cannons for short. :)

How do they create the necessary vibrations, though? Do the Protoik possess a similar ability like those of the aliens from the Macross Series? :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2010, 12:53:03 pm »
Wait, string theory? You've gotta be kidding me. If you put a bunch of string theorists in a room together, you'll be hearing the "what ifs" flowing all day, but no evidence. Still, this galaxy does operate under many hypothetical principles (such as wormholes), but just don't go too overboard.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2010, 12:59:44 pm »
Wait, string theory? You've gotta be kidding me. If you put a bunch of string theorists in a room together, you'll be hearing the "what ifs" flowing all day, but no evidence. Still, this galaxy does operate under many hypothetical principles (such as wormholes), but just don't go too overboard.
I know. Still, I wanted a different weapon systems, and apart from the Orealyanis, I have yet to find someone else who uses SEATCESSV cannons.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2010, 09:07:57 pm »
Wait, string theory? You've gotta be kidding me. If you put a bunch of string theorists in a room together, you'll be hearing the "what ifs" flowing all day, but no evidence.

Who cares?  :P

Besides, lots of theories that the scientific community dismissed back then are now part of the mainstream.

What is considered as true changes with the times, and as newer and newer technologies are developed, things that we thought of as ridiculous and presumptuous back are now appearing to actually be real.

You seem to have a problem about string theory, from what I can gather. Remember that for all we know, our universe-faring descendants might look at our current volume of knowledge like how present society looks at the dark ages.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2010, 09:15:35 pm by Yuu »

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2010, 09:46:41 pm »
good to see another single cell creature
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!