Author Topic: 9 is not a number! The game that will leave you saying, well, 9 is not a number!  (Read 21369 times)

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile

9 isnot a number it is a turkey disguised as a number

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile

9 is not a number, 9 is a story that doesnt go anywhere, like the time I was playing a game called "9 is not a number!" I had just posted a answer which said: 9 is not a number, 9 is a story that doesnt go anywhere, like the time I was playing a game called... :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World

9 is not a number, it is the capital of Wyoming, with bubbles!

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
Well, Wyoming would be much more intresting with Bubbles....8.2

9 is not a number, "It's A Work of art!" Raves the New York Times "It's The Pinicile of Perfection!" Said USA TODAY. "It's More than a Number! Its A once in a life time Event!"- Exclaims The Washington Journal!    9. You won't want to miss this. Open Everywhere this Thanksgiving. This Post has not yet been Rated.

(Edited for Then/Than Errors!)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2005, 09:17:31 am by sgore »
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Well, Wyoming would be much more intresting with Bubbles....8.2

9 is not a number, "It's A Work of art!" Raves the New York Times "It's The Pinicile of Perfection!" Said USA TODAY. "It's More then a Number! Its A once in a life time Event!"- Exclaims The Washington Journal!    9. You won't want to miss this. Open Everywhere this Thanksgiving. This Post has not yet been Rated.

It would have gotten a 9, but that's one of my pet peeves. 7/10

9 is not a number, it is the revolutionary leader of France.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile

9 is not a number, it is a free man!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
3- a tad predictable

9 is not a number, it is an obvious reference to sci-fi classic The Prisoner
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
3- that's how many times that joke's been made

Continuing with the theme of "cliched references":

9 is not a number, only Zuul.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire

9 is not a number, its a slot machine in Atlantic City

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
9 IS a number.  yeah 9, be yo bad self!
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -

9=
ERROR: NONREAL ANS
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Leng's was better and he got a 1, so you get a 0 I guess...

9 is not a number, it is a way of life.

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
6. Oh man, I broke Samog! Now I have to call tech support or something...

Edit: 762 posted. Very zen, 6.5.

9 is not a number, It's what Sherman and Pebody's reaction was after coming back to the present and realizing they had horribly horribly altered the timeine.

(If that dog was so smart why didn't he concider the temporal disturbances he would create by meeting with those past figures! Darn You Pebody!)
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Maybe the present is what it is because the dog had the forsight to alter the past for the good of the present. Deep stuff, man. You gon' hit that?

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
But Leng's wasn't a "9 is not a number" post.

8. Why? Because.

Translated into English for your textbook-reading pleasure:

9 is not a number, it is, however, used in archaic texts to represent 8.5 (that being the number halfway between 8 and 10.) 9 was briefly reintroduced during the Third Napoleonic Wars (see pp. 180-201). However, the elite pilots of the Legion of Honor were defeated in no fewer than fourteen decisive battles. The remnants of the Grande Armée* then attempted to hold out against a siege in New Paris (48-51, 2-20, 36k) New Paris fell with a single shot when the British Isles launched and fired the IRELAND Laser.

SECTION REVIEW

a) What ancient runes and words did you learn in this chapter?
b) "Why did Samog spend so much time on this?" laments the famed poet PB-481. Explain in your own words why Samog "spent so much time on this."
c) How did wise men share information with each other visually before the invention of the laser printer? Use the following terms: "Tree bark," "Interpretive dance," "Morse code," and "psychic link."
d) Using information from Chapter 3 (Britain), infer where and what Ireland was before it was converted into the weapon that destroyed the Weapons Platform of Lights.

*For more information on old French spelling and foot soldiers, see chapter 15 and appendix xvii.