Author Topic: Something worrying me- Spore was supposed to be about easy freedom  (Read 4587 times)

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
Re: Something worrying me- Spore was supposed to be about easy freedom
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2008, 08:28:38 am »
... Combine this with the center of the galaxy thing and I'm worried EA is trying to make this a linear game.
Dont' Panic, for the love of everything sane...
*sigh*

Why do people tend to jump from one extreme to another. It's not like it was ever said that it was going to be linear, no, they even stated otherwise....
This goes for every single piece of news we get. Whatever it is, people immediately start to think about how bad it is or how it may make the overall experience of the game go down the drain, like the flying creature "confirmation".
The community was starving for flying creatures; and now? It get's bashed, only few see how great this piece of news actually was...

*sigh*

edit: sorry people, I had a bad day today
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 08:30:28 am by GrapeFruit »
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2008, 08:31:45 am »
The community was starving for flying creatures; and now? It get's bashed, only few see how great this piece of news actually was...

Yeah, wtf??

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2008, 09:54:48 am »
The reason they tried to keep the realism level low is that the creatures don't end up moving realistically, and that ruins the illusion of competence.  We haven't seen the realistic looking grasshopper move.  It'll most likely walk all weird and alien like and end up making children cry, just like Ocean said.

It goes all the way back to the original GDC 2005 demo.  Will said, "One little kinda subtle trick we're playing with here, people have never seen Buttface before so they don't know how he's supposed to move, as opposed to humans."

*edited my quote to be the actual quote instead of a paraphrase, thanks Grapefruit*
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 11:08:15 am by Lippy »

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2008, 10:04:50 am »
The reason they tried to keep the realism level low is that the creatures don't end up moving realistically, and that ruins the illusion of competence.  We haven't seen the realistic looking grasshopper move.  It'll most likely walk all weird and alien like and end up making children cry, just like Ocean said.

It goes all the way back to the original GDC 2005 demo.  Will said, "The trick we're using is that nobody has ever seen Hangdog Buttface before, so they don't know how its supposed to move."

precisely!
btw: fixed your quote
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Enoch

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2008, 01:29:00 pm »
We haven't seen the realistic looking grasshopper move.  It'll most likely walk all weird and alien like and end up making children cry, just like Ocean said.

I thought Gaming Steve said that the grasshopper moved so well it made the audience gasp? ???

Offline popoman

• Microvision Master
  • i attack like an arid raid, no need 4 a barracade!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2008, 01:51:20 pm »
We haven't seen the realistic looking grasshopper move.  It'll most likely walk all weird and alien like and end up making children cry, just like Ocean said.

I thought Gaming Steve said that the grasshopper moved so well it made the audience gasp? ???

Not exactly this is what he said "Demoing a creature which looks like a cricket and it actually got a gasp from the audience it was so cool." so this does'nt mean it moved well it could be that it just looked cool and cool it does.
"If the first times a miracle what do you call the second?"