Author Topic: The Dark Knight  (Read 27795 times)

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
Re: The Dark Knight
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2008, 07:41:23 pm »
He basically fits the guise of a lunatic, since, his true motives aren't really known and he is quite random.

Basically doing things for the hell of it, money doesn't even have to be involved. His most prominant point of existing to the Batman is destroy order, the Bat maintains order so it's a cross roads of the minds not just on a physical playing field.

There relationship is quite interesting, they both went through tragic times in there lives and decided rise up, but this is where they differ. Batman is for the system, while the Joker is against it, Bat has codes while the Joker can care less if he kills a child(I'm mostly referring to his acts in the older comics).

An amazing antagonist for Batman, without the Joker he is nothing in a sense.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2008, 07:48:24 pm »
You know, whichever villain follows in the next movie is going to have to work their ass off. Its kind of a tough act to follow.

Other than how amazing the Joker was, what did everybody think of Christian Bale? I never really caught the entire first movie so I just have this to work off of. I personally think he played a better Bruce Wayne than a Batman. The deep out-of-breath voice kinda got on my nerves by the end of the movie.
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2008, 07:52:50 pm »
You know, whichever villain follows in the next movie is going to have to work their ass off. Its kind of a tough act to follow.

Other than how amazing the Joker was, what did everybody think of Christian Bale? I never really caught the entire first movie so I just have this to work off of. I personally think he played a better Bruce Wayne than a Batman. The deep out-of-breath voice kinda got on my nerves by the end of the movie.
Yeah, I was talking with friends, and they all came up with the annoying Bat-voice being the only bad part of the movie.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Ultramarine

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • Whatever.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2008, 07:54:02 pm »
He pretty much does the deep throated voice through out the previous film as well.
Honestly it was good but a little too good if you catch my drift.

Bale doesn't have to try so hard, still an amazing performance without the tacked on thick voice.
Kid: Oh wow I'm being deflowered by a grown woman!
Mother: By the way I'm your mother
Kid: OH GOD NO

EDIT: That's where it becomes rape if you were wondering.

ヽ(`∇´)人(´∇`)人(`∇´)ノ   (゚д゚; )

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2008, 08:03:38 pm »
Im thinking Owen Wilson Riddler for the next one...

He may be a comedy-type actor but in Behind Enemy Lines he was pretty awesome, and personally i think if he played a crazed riddler he would do a pretty darn good job.

Or a really cool Mr. Freeze.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 05, 2008, 04:47:50 am »
A more serious take on Mr.Freeze could be pretty cool, if he was portrayed as more of the mad scientist, like Doctor Octopus in Spider-man 2, instead of Arnold Schwarzenegger.  I also don't quite get why they built up Two Face so late into the movie, and killed him off.  I was expecting the transformation to only to occur as the build up for the next movie..  I understand the whole "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian" concept, but it seemed like they could have done a lot more with him.

Oh, and yeah, I never really noticed it with the first movie, but Bale's very first Batman line in this movie bugged me and there were a couple of lines I didn't even understand (my brother tells me he said "I don't wear Hocky shorts" but I seriously didn't catch any of that).  He plays Wayne great, and even makes a good Batman, but I really hope he tones down the voice for the next movie.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: August 05, 2008, 06:12:43 am »
Or a really cool Mr. Freeze.

No pun intended, of course.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: August 05, 2008, 06:57:24 am »
I also don't quite get why they built up Two Face so late into the movie, and killed him off.  I was expecting the transformation to only to occur as the build up for the next movie..  I understand the whole "You either die a hero, or live long enough to see yourself become the villian" concept, but it seemed like they could have done a lot more with him.

I've heard a few theories on that actually.  Did you notice how the mob boss Batman interrogated was dropped from a height that they made clear wasn't fatal?  Just another interrogation technique until you realize that the height they go over at the end is about the same.  And Batman got up without a scratch.

Maybe Harvey Dent died, but maybe Arkham got a new inmate who only answers to Two Face.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: August 05, 2008, 10:27:02 am »
It was never explicitly stated or shown that Two-Face died. Aaron Eckheart said he'd love to play the part again and I think the producer said the ending was vague enough for him to come back. Obviously any reference to Harvey Dent dying is an allusion to the fact that the old pure version of him is gone and a deformed psycho is in his place.

What bugged me most is the way they treated the Scarecrow. The end of Begins made it look like he had totally snapped, but suddenly he's all calm and collected and peddling his fear toxin as a drug, and then gets beaten down by Batman and tied up like its nothing. Still they didn't kill him, so hopefully he'll at least get a cameo in the next film.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #114 on: August 05, 2008, 02:02:32 pm »
I use to watch one of the cartoon series as the kid. scarecrow had to be my favorite villain at the time.

I also don't quite get why they built up Two Face so late into the movie, and killed him off.

Didn't look like they killed him to me. I just assumed he was unconscious.

The next riddler needs a step away from the portrayal by Jim Carrey. A formal green suit and tie rather than that unitard would serve the character well.

and I read somewhere that the penguin was suppose to be Philip Seymour Hoffman. hmm...
« Last Edit: August 05, 2008, 08:03:55 pm by Met »

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 05, 2008, 05:09:57 pm »
That bathing suit scared me...

I liked Two Face, though >_>

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: August 05, 2008, 06:00:30 pm »
I agree if they drag out the green unitard for Riddler there will be hell to pay.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 27, 2008, 07:12:31 am »
haha great Joker reenactment ^^

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/257582.html?playlist=featured
and funny :P

There's more movies by them here:
http://heyashwhatchaplayin.gametrailers.com/gamepad/index.php?action=fanmovs
and on destructoid. If you liked it that is.

If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline OldSnakeWontDie

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 27, 2008, 02:44:31 pm »
Doesn't he come back? I remember seeing a comic book cover with his face on it and it said something like "Harvey? You're Alive?"

There you go people.

AS far as Riddler, they would definitely have to be better that Carrey. BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 28, 2008, 06:05:11 am »
Well the strong rumour is Johnny Depp for Riddler I also read thinking of Cher for Cat Woman (Seriously)