Author Topic: Star Wars: Clone Wars  (Read 21700 times)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2008, 02:13:01 am »
Valley Girl angsty teenage padawan. I think Lucas is listening to the marketeer munchkins way too much.

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #31 on: August 14, 2008, 10:08:43 pm »
Every time I see a trailer, a little bit of me dies inside.

Baby Jabba?!

Angsty teenage padawan?!

It's not Jabba.

and don't worry. Go watch the deleted scenes from Episode III. Ahsoka Tano dies. Lightsaber through her back and out her chest.

Edit: Oh nevermind. Same species, different characters. Well, you can always pretend Shaak'ti is Ahsoka Tano.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2008, 10:11:12 pm by Met »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 06:52:20 am »
3. Plo Koon (Might they finally have polysyllabic lines?)

as happy as that would make me, I've given up hope...they just don't want Plo to talk, dammit!
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 02:05:22 pm »
basicaly what little hope I did have that this might be anywhere near the quality of the Star wars animated shorts went down the drain when i heard the movies features a padawan of Anikan who is a teenage girl in a tube top who says things like calling R2-D2 "Artooie".

Remember that point when Jar Jar made Star wars dead to you that's this entire movie yes I've gone from cautious optimisim to flat out "God damn you George Lucas."

Haven't seen the movie yet, so I can't give my own opinion.  But the general concenus is that she really isn't that bad, not overly stereotypical, and is actually a pretty good central character.  I've been worried about her being overly school girly-ish or just extremely angsty, but thankfully that doesn't seem to be the case.  But considering she isn't so much as mentioned in Episode III, I don't think she has a particularly pleasant fate.

And yeah, I'd really love to see more of Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, and so forth, but I doubt they'll be featured very heavily in the movie.  But they should at least have some star time in some of the TV episodes, I hear there is an episode that focuses soley on Kit Fisto and Plo Koon.  Perhaps to make up for Fisto's hugely embarrasing death..

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 09:49:35 pm »
I hear there is an episode that focuses soley on Kit Fisto and Plo Koon.  Perhaps to make up for Fisto's hugely embarrasing death..

yes!
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 17, 2008, 07:55:57 pm »
Why couldn't they feature more of that kid padawan from ep 3 that took out a bunch of clones with some awesome moves before being brought down him self?

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 18, 2008, 08:10:30 am »
im actually... kinda... looking foward to it!
*hides from gunfire*
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Met

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
« Reply #37 on: August 18, 2008, 04:48:18 pm »
I went to the theater today to see Clone Wars...

So I saw Tropic Thunder.

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 18, 2008, 04:56:41 pm »
Tropic Thunder was a good movie.  :D
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2008, 07:10:54 pm »
my friends and I went to see this last night...ugh, hold on...

*vomits*

ahem...anyway...oh dear, what a piss-poor movie...I mean, I wasn't expecting oscar-worthy material, but my friends and I like SW so we figured what the hell...it was just so bad...I'll give it that some of the fight scenes between the clones and the droids were good (lightsaber duels just seemed boring), but even that was mired by the fact that most clones have the s***iest close-quarters combat tactics..."Okay, we're going to right up to these droids and...shoot them some more!"

my friend and I tried to figure out WHEN exactly this took place...I mean, between the cartoons, and the books, and the comics, they're pretty much just throwing continuity out the window...I'm pretty sure the most accurate review I've read of this refers to Lucas 'whoring out Star Wars'...

and I would say that the plot would be the worst misdeed of all ("JEDIS, WE HAVE TO SAVE THE HUTT BABY! SUPER SERIOUS!)...if it weren't for the god-awful abomination that fans will come to know as Ziro (Zero?) the Hutt...picture a bright purple jabba, covered with yellow tattoos, with feathers behind one ear...oh, and did I mention George Lucas actually told them to base its voice off Truman Capote? Thank you, george! Now we finally have a character who sounds like a drag queen from New Orleans...

*epic face-palm*
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 07:27:07 pm by operaghost21 »
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2008, 08:24:51 pm »
In short;

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2008, 07:00:05 am »
I enjoyed the film, the pacing was a bit off, particularly towards the begining, they didn't need to explain everything right away, the stuff with Jabba's son could have easily just been brought into it after the opening battle.  The nicknames Anakind and Ahsoka keep given each other wears thing very quickly too (but in general, she is a rather likable character), other than that it was a pretty enjoyable movie.  If you liked the Cartoon Network shorts that were shown, you'll like this, it's basically more of the same.

But if you go in expecting to hate it, and trying to pick it apart, you'll probably find a lot wrong with it.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2008, 09:51:35 am »
If you liked the Cartoon Network shorts that were shown, you'll like this, it's basically more of the same.

I disagree.

so I realized yesterday, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on this movie...I mean, it was aimed towards kids...which makes perfect sense, you know, because all the thousands of Star Wars fans out there that have been watching since the 70's at most are all still in elementary school...  ::)
 >:(
"You hate people!"
~Clerks
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2008, 11:29:00 am »
When I heard this is nothing more then the first episode(s) of the TV series I switched off to it
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2008, 04:58:37 pm »
If you liked the Cartoon Network shorts that were shown, you'll like this, it's basically more of the same.

I disagree.

Besides the fact it focused pretty much entirely on Obi-wan, Anakin and Ashoka, instead of splitting off to different characters constantly, I'd say it was very much like the shorts.  Same fast paced, over the top action sequences and everything.  Besides some awkward story points (i.e. Zero the Hutt) I don't understand how you could hate this, but like the shorts.

And I believe I mentioned this earlier, but it's set inbetween the first and second volumes of the shorts, just as Anakin becomes a Knight.

When I heard this is nothing more then the first episode(s) of the TV series I switched off to it

This is the basis of the new TV series, but it was developed entirely seperatly, it isn't just the first few episodes stuck together.

So I realized yesterday, I guess I shouldn't be too hard on this movie...I mean, it was aimed towards kids...which makes perfect sense, you know, because all the thousands of Star Wars fans out there that have been watching since the 70's at most are all still in elementary school...  ::)
 >:(

Then wait for the more adult orientated live action TV show.  I see no problem with trying to introduce new fans to the series.