Author Topic: The Grand RP OOC  (Read 55262 times)

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
Re: The Grand RP OOC
« Reply #405 on: February 17, 2010, 08:19:25 am »
Name: Dirk Dirigible

Bio: Dirk Dirigible works as Costa Tira's lead postal worker and is responsible for all incoming mail and freight from the surface. At least officially, but official titles mean very little in this lawless and unregulated frontier. This is especially true for Dirk, who has become the premier information purveyor and, as he would often call it, a "keeper of secrets".

Dirk was once a prominent member within the U.S. Postal service, despite being relatively young he had served as a US Postal Inspector, worked for the office of the USPS Inspector General, and was head of several Post offices. His career was all but broken after criminal charges were brought against him for invasion of privacy, attempted blackmail, attempted extortion, and conspiracy to commit murder. Rather mysteriously, all charges were dropped, and Dirk never faced trial but such things still have a tendency to destroy one's career, normally. Luckily, he was anything but normal and he managed to use his influence to stave off being fired. Instead Dirk settled for a position at the newly constructed Costa Tira, though he didn't have much choice in the matter. He is resentful of his position as he considers it to be a forced retirement, and resentful towards his superiors.

Now, five years into his tenure at Terra Tira and it's outlying station's only postal office, Dirk has his hands in a bit of everything. Most residents see him as only a gossiper and and rumor-mill, but this is only the surface. He is keenly aware of most all major events that occur in Costa Tira, even before they have actually occur and he has close ties to the underground criminal elements that lurk below the radar of the, in his opinion, complacent police force. Having a vast network of information sources, including but not limited to personal messages both sent physically and electronically between the surface and the town. If information is power, than his power on Costa Tira could easily rival that of Doc, Rufus, or Tracy if he so desired. For now though, Dirk is content on dealing from the shadows rather than open interaction with the other forces at play in Tira.

Dirk is about 5'10'', average build, and has straight black hair styled into a form of pompadour. He is handy with firearms, though prefers hand-to-hand combat and is something of a scrapper despite having no formal training in fighting.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 08:38:07 am by Doomsday »
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 17, 2010, 11:04:31 am »
Has the security room been on fire for hours or did some people just miss the implied time shift there?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Online martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 17, 2010, 12:35:24 pm »
I'm assuming that it was on fire for maybe 15 minutes or so before fire containment systems put it out.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 18, 2010, 05:18:24 pm »
Oi.. I know that is a monster of a post. Sorry, but I had to get my character up to speed on the major events, and I just couldn't help myself from making a little splash at the meeting.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 19, 2010, 02:39:28 pm »
Come on Yossi. You character isn't interested or concerned by that shotgun blast? >.> If you want to avoid the action you can at least acknowledge the shotgun blast as the reason you're not going in there.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 19, 2010, 02:55:07 pm »
Mm, yes, the shotgun, I had forgotten about that. And yes, it is a better reason.
Virus Buster.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: March 06, 2010, 11:33:49 pm »
My absence is not excusable but I apologize anyway.

I am back and I will also be taking over Serenity's character Madison for her. Lets do this fellas!

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: March 07, 2010, 12:15:11 pm »
Finally. >.> I was getting impatient and was going to post again.. I was just trying to let someone else get in first so it wouldn't always be the same 3-4 people talking/doing stuff.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #413 on: March 07, 2010, 11:13:13 pm »
In Sealab, Murphy stays pinned under the soda machine for the whole episode, Neo. :P

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: March 07, 2010, 11:29:58 pm »
But he did get a delightful scorpion friend...
Virus Buster.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: March 14, 2010, 03:43:38 pm »
So is it okay to ignore the events that happened in the office for now? I mean... everyone sort of walked out without deciding anything.. and well.. the Bar is just too crowded a place  at the moment. Ahh well.. I'll do what I do.. just posting here to sort my thoughts for a moment.

So.. three people playing Poker without knowing what cards they actually have. That should be interesting.. if only for the bluffs and feints. >.>

Ignore me... my mind is broken today I think.

Offline bad Karma

• Phoenix Fighter
  • It's not me, it's you. I'm not sorry.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: March 25, 2010, 02:07:38 pm »
So is it okay to ignore the events that happened in the office for now? I mean... everyone sort of walked out without deciding anything.. and well.. the Bar is just too crowded a place  at the moment. Ahh well.. I'll do what I do.. just posting here to sort my thoughts for a moment.

This was my fault.

I think I should just have Gary die...

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: March 25, 2010, 02:09:53 pm »
WARNING NOOB QUESTION INCOMING

I gotta ask, what is all this?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: March 25, 2010, 02:15:15 pm »
Um, hur, gee. If only there were some way to convey the specifics of a thread in the first post of that thread.

OH WAIT.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #419 on: March 25, 2010, 08:01:09 pm »
WARNING NOOB QUESTION INCOMING

I gotta ask, what is all this?

Click the links in my signature to find out the general concept. Go to the first post to find out the specialized information for this particular game.