Author Topic: Sporpedia vs. Buddies... Deliberate change or glitch?  (Read 1661 times)

Offline DylanTK

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Sporpedia vs. Buddies... Deliberate change or glitch?
« on: September 17, 2008, 01:50:34 pm »
I added some new buddies today, and noticed with each of them that only a portion of their content was downloaded into my game.. Here I was ready to grab a glass lemonade, and watch tv or play my DS until it all downloaded... But then I look and see it stopped at 12 of 210 creations... I removed the buddy and tried to re-add them to see if it was a one time fluke, but it didn't change anything. So, I shrugged my shoulders and moved on to the next name on my list.. and again.. Only a portion was downloaded.. rinse and repeat about 5 times... Is there something wonky going on, or is this a new 'feature'?

Offline Qwwe

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • NEED! NEED! NEED!
    • View Profile
Re: Sporpedia vs. Buddies... Deliberate change or glitch?
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2008, 02:02:48 pm »
From my experience, each time you play it downloads a little bit more each time. Like at first I only had 100 or so of one of my friends, then the next time I played spore, about 50 more. The names on your buddy list flash when they are downloading too, so just check in on it every now and again.

Offline DylanTK

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 02:07:03 pm »
Ah, thanks.. I was wondering because at first it would just download everything at once.. I guess this way is more convenient in terms of time.

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2008, 10:55:01 pm »
I think it doesn't currently work right.

I have several sporecasts, and the number of items in each is never listed the same on the web and in game.   But sporecasts may work different than buddies.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2008, 11:11:40 pm »
I find often that content can be sstop if you try and get multiple thing going like add a bunch of friends real quick it may jump about downloading one lot then changing to another. Eventually it gets it all though.