Author Topic: Full Spore: Removing creatures and objects?  (Read 2291 times)

Offline Zamaza

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Daydreaming at Night
    • View Profile
Full Spore: Removing creatures and objects?
« on: June 23, 2008, 04:25:32 am »
Ok I was thinking, the full version comes with some default offline material on cd (That may or may not be in .png or a compiled file.) What would happen if you tried to remove all this content and say, only had 1-2 creature types? That would be weird, but I doubt it would be possible.

Idea came from this from GameFAQs/SanFrancisco demo:

"In the tribal stage all the tribes are different species. Will said while this is scientifically unlikely, it makes the gameplay more interesting since you can distinguish other races more easily, since you have to manage individual units at that level (it plays like an rts). It also is more aesthetically pleasing to have unique races."

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
Re: Full Spore: Removing creatures and objects?
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:43 am »
Well, I currently can't delete the Maxis stuff from my database. So I'd say that's the answer. Granted, I've yet to look for the data in files or anything like that, but there's no delete function within the game. So I'd assume that whatever content Maxis ships with the game is can't be removed.

"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Re: Full Spore: Removing creatures and objects?
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 04:34:43 am »
Hmmm!

Well, the disc is supposed to ship with a huge amount of stuff but even so I'm sure if the delete option was there you could remove all of it. Presuming you're saying the game campaign in question is offline so can't import things from the servers as well and there are literally only a couple of critters......wow. I'm not sure what'd happen. Maybe it'd try and play out the whole game all the way to space with just two creatures? Might be weird.

Then again, perhaps Maxis will put on the disc a 'hidden' archive of creatures so that even if you delete all the ones that come with the game it'll still ensure there's a sense of variety. After all, having only two lifeforms might somehow break the game.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.