Author Topic: The Communicant Invasion  (Read 53345 times)

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Indescenant-wrath in a box
    • View Profile
The Communicant Invasion
« on: September 09, 2007, 02:25:28 am »
Sounds of shrieking cries for help rang throughout the corridors of the Core Fortress. The sickening thud of flesh on steel floors capped each wail, with laughter and enraged roars as it's only company. Eventually the screams stopped, and only the repeatitive, thundering echo of massive footsteps could be heard.

The towering stone doors of the Royal Throneroom swung open; a ghastly visage walked in. It was the Walking God, drenched in the black blood of his fellow Doramases. His footsteps created great pools of the ichor, and he seemed more a creature made of entrails and shattered bones. Each sloshing step was made with earnest and energy, almost running as he makes his way to the throne. Following closely behind this grisly mass was a much shorter Communicant, obviously an adolescent, who was not adorned in a Fanatic Mask and still had a pair of mandibles which were twitching in excitement. Were he not covered in the remains of the dead, or his once-vibrant armor, the Walking God would look strikingly similar to it. Still behind them came a wave of heavily armored Communicants, the marks on their Masks denoting them as the Holy Guard.

Reaching the throne, the Walking God scanned the entirety of the room. The Communications Matrix to the right, the Holy Loft to his left, and pillars abound, but not the thing he wanted. He raises his gargantuan fist in the air, bringing it slamming down onto the throne, twisting it into a tangled mass of shrapnel.

"Where are you! Show yourself Zerone! Enough hiding like a coward, I've come to kill you for what you've done!", said the Walking God, his voice strained in anger and desperation. He slammed his arm into one of the pillars, bringing down tons of finely crafted rock sculptures on his head. Unphased, he franticly resumed his search.

"If you show yourself, I wont torture you to death. I'll do it quickly! You have my word as a professor!"

"He's not here anymore", calmly stated one of his Holy Guard, "There's been a Disjunction calculated here". The large Neiderk Communicant pointed towards a small ripple in the air near the Holy Loft, barely larger than an inch across. The Walking God scrambled over to the disturbance. He eyed it closely, searching it for a small bit of it's code, a minute amount of information that might tell where it leads.

"Damn that Zerone, he's clever", the Walking God whispered as he rubbed his claws together. "I can't tell where this portal was heading. Must be an encryption modification." His calm focus broken once again into rage. "Disjucntors, come here!", he roared, and shortly several Communicants covered in white ceremonial robes pushed their way through the throng of Holy Guards. "I want you to break the encryption on this and find out it's target location! Do it quickly, we don't have time!" The Disjunctors jolted into action, each aware of the consequences should they fail or not finish in time.

The Walking God slowly strode over to a wall, his back turned against his minions. He slumped down, almost as if he were dead, which would have been fitting considering he was covered in corpses. The small Communicant that had been acting as his shadow for so long walked up to him and kneeled down beside him. They stayed that way for some time, the Walking God barely breathing, his companion watching silently. The silence was broken at last by the innocent words of a child.

"It wasn't your fault, Father", the tiny creature said in a squeaky voice, "You couldn't save Fouronefive. That nasty demon Zerone is the killer". The words at first did little to effect the lamenting deity.  Slowly, The Walking God stirred, and began to stand, dwarfing his son beside him. He lowered his head to meet the young one's gaze, his eyes twitching, as if on the verge of tearing up.

"I could have saved Fouronefive", he said, the words fractured and trembling. "I could have saved them all. I could have brought them back here, and torn that Demon in half before he had a chance to do any of this". He clenched his fist in frustration, his whole body shook with the anger welled up inside him. Once again he struck out with his fist, burying it deep within the smooth stone walls of the throneroom. "But i was too scared to do it!", he screamed as he brought another blow to the wall. The bits of remains that had collected on his body flew in all directions, splattering against his son beside him. The young communicant never moved to avoid the bloodbath, apparently he had inherited his father's fascination with gore.

"Infinity of life, and it gives me no protection from such an idiotic fear!", another strike sending cracks along the wall, the entire room creaked and one more punch would bring it crumbling down. Luckily, there were no more strikes. The Walking God slumped down as before, his breathing shallow and irregular. "Fouronesix, I'm sorry that I couldn't save Fouronefive. She had not been a terrible consort, and it was due to my actions that she is gone". The Walking God had trouble speaking in such a way, even to his son. He had never apologized for any of his choices. As a deity, he felt he could do no wrong.

Not giving any emotion in the slightest, Fouronesix simply stared into the fallen lord's eyes. His apathy had only made the Walking God sink lower into despair.

A cacophony of moving gears and whining servos shattered the tension, as the disjunctors rushed up to them. "My Savior! We know where Zerone has gone!"

The Walking God sprang up, his sadness now masked with the thought of revenge. "Where? Where is that beast?"

"We cannot tell his exact location, that data has corroded past the ability to evaluate. But we do know that he has used his disjunction to reach the Other galaxy. The one with our allies! This is great news indeed!", the Disjunctor said in excitement.

In the blink of an eye, the Disjunctor laid on the gound, each bone broken and blood cascading out of gaping lacerations along his body. The Walking God's arms glowed with mathematical sigils sprouting as if they were brilliant red living veins. The geometric markings slowly floated off and disintegrated, the telltale signs of a Disjunction being used.

"Great news!?!", the Walking God's voice reached new heights of madness. "My empire is crumbling, I've had to fight to regain my own home, and you think that is great news!?!" The mound of flesh and metal that was the Disjunctor didn't respond, as he was now a mound of flesh and metal. Another disjunctor took a step forward and flung himslef to the ground, hoping that he would not be the next to be crushed.

"Our allies could help us find Zerone, my Lord", the prone follower cried, in complete terror of the wrath from his god. The dark red sigils began to grow from out of the Walking GOds arms again, the same one as before, but before it was unleashed, they receded. The Walking God decided to spare him, as he did not have as many disjunctors as he once had, and he needs as many as he can keep.

'Our 'allies' have forgotten us", he gravely stated. "Where were they when I was stranded on that forsaken planet?! Where were they when Zerone usurped my throne and proclaimed himself the leader of all Communicants?! They did not care for our way of life, and even refused to become part of my people! The joining of the Alliance was Fouronefive's suggestion, and look where it got her! For all we know, they helped Zerone and aided in his coup. It was during the attack of that REDSTAR that I became trapped, an attack that was propagated by them! If it wasn't for that alliance, Fouronefive would still be here!"

He raised himself to his full height, and commanded the mob of Disjuntors before him with all the authority he had left, "Send a message out to all the races of that galaxy that if they do not give Zerone to us, that we will destroy everything and everyone until he is caught! There will be no quarter given, no one would be spared, and if they resist in the slightest way, they will be decimated! They have one week. Now go".

The Disjunctors hurriedly began the equations to teleport each of them to the different capitals of the other galaxy, each unsure of the response they would get, or if they would ever return at all.

He turned towards his assembled Holy Guard. "Prepare the troops. All of them. Have them ready for battle within a week. There will be no capturing this time. Their order is to kill." His guards sprinted out of the throneroom en masse to deliver the dark orders.

The Walking God looked down at Fouronesix. He slowly picked up the child with his tail and placed it on his back. Fouronesix settled onto one of the armored plates of the his father's armor, rolling a bit in the blood that still covered him, squealing in joy the entire time.

"Fouronesix, I think it's time for you to learn how Father became a Walking God".
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 02:32:58 am by Tavenknaughtlin »

I have photo paint, Taven style yarr :P.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: The Communicant Invasion
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2007, 02:48:25 am »
//This is Mon Krai High Command

We may be a new Race, but our Droid Armies Span Billions, we wish to ally with you, we are sorry for the short transmission, but our translators are temporally down//
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 05:27:37 am by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2007, 03:14:35 am »
Huur sat in his small (they're goddamn rodents, everything is small (I have to stop saying that)) command center, listening to the transmission that was playing on a loop all over his ship. He paused for a minute, to move a small holographic ship on front of him towards another holographic planet, killing millions. Anyway - huur stood up and grinned.

"The fools! 50 credits on them not even leaving their galaxy."

A large coin he was holding in his tail dissapeared in a faint white glow. Someone, somewhere, had just received that. At odds of 1 to 3, Huur was looking forward to receiving his 150c any moment this week.
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2007, 03:33:03 am »
''Engo!'' Words bounced off the seemingly endless walls of Yugomemn Castle. ''Engo!!By Brushuum, where is he?!''
The Chancellor of the Engonate ran through the halls untill he finally reached the massive chamber in which the throne of the Engo was seated. The Engo himself was sitting in the oversized throne, wearimg a cloak of the scalps of enemies and the skull of the Furcoats, the most hated enemies of the Barroc.
''What?'' ''Your Excellence! Finally! Ill news has come!''
The Engo was clearly bored from the countless men coming to his palace and asking for favours. ''If this is another request to organise a hunting party to the Inner Rim then I swear that I will die.'' ''No my Liege! The Communicants are on a warpath! They're looking for some kind of traitor or rebel leader called Zerone and believe that someone must be hiding him! The counsel of the Barroc is afraid that they might suspect us!''
''They won't,''he Engo made a very relaxed impression on the nervous Chancellor.
''because we are going to help them.''
The Chancellors jaw dropped. ''What?! The Counsel will never approve of such a request!''
''They will, the Sea People want more trading ground in space, the Hagarnagians more valuable mines, and the Desert Peoples more allies. The Communicants can give us all of that.''
''And what of the Empire? And the Gearheads?'' The Engo did not awnser his question. First he coughed and scratched his chin. Only then did he reply:'' The Gearheads are in awe of the Communicant technology and the Empire respects their cultural similairities. And I want a diplomatic Swarmer sent there NOW.''
There was silence for a while, then the Chancellor bowed and walked away. He still was unconvinced of the Engo's expectations.

//The is the diplomatic Swarmer Guulha requesting negotiations with the hailed and respected Communicants. We wish to land near your homeworld.//

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2007, 04:03:24 am »
// This is Fourtitoo, acting representative of the Walking God in the Enclave. We are pleased with your speedy responses to our Lord's ultimatum. I am sure he will be pleased to know that there are those who would still fight for us against this demonic menace and his vile conspiritors. We apologize for the inconvenience but access to The Offering is prohibited as of now, but you are allowed to land on Enclave territory, under heavy guard of course. You may speak with the other representatives there for further negotiations of the terms of our alliance//

Back at the Core Fortress, the Walking God sat in anticipation of the return of his messengers. A small portal developed in front of him, and out strode the messenger sent to the Omic leader.

"My Lord, the omics have yet to respond. They feel that your declaration of war is a false threat, and that you have no real plans to act."

The Walking God placed his hand on his head, seemingly supressing a migraine. "Those goddamn rodents...."

"Sir, should I repeat the message again?"

"No, I feel I should talk to these Omic myself. Perhaps that would be enough to prove my intentions, and hopefully either gain their aid or take a few out before I get bored."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 04:46:48 am »
//The Mon-Krai high command thanks you, we look forwad to help your cause//

Offline Dr. Croccer

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Ceci n'est pas un gueu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 05:19:10 am »
//The Barroc thank you for the intelligence of the Communicant people. We hope that this alliance will bring prosperity to all three of our races. We gladly help our friends with weeding out petty rebellions and slapping disobedient slaves back into place.
Our forces measure around 5 billion men, 1 billion cavalry, 5000.000 Faceless Warriors, 500.000 Warmonks, 1.000 Uppermonks, 300 WarChariots and 12 Cherufes. We however have a weak navy compromizing only out of 50 dreadnoughts and 1000.000 Swarmers.

If our numbers look a little overwhelming, please note that we do not possess the advanced technology that the Mon-Krai or other races such as the K'Jal or Torpals have. Any help would be most appreciated.

The only things we Barroc want out of this war are a few planets, slaves and advanced enemy technology.//

Offline Tavenknaughtlin

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 06:08:56 am »
//We accept your offering of alliance and will begin the integration of allied forces once the portals are calculated. Your ground forces will be combined with one of our Brigades, of which the walking god plans to send 200 to find the Eternal Demon. This numbers to approximately 3.5 trillion troops across scores of worlds, the largest assault the Walking God has ever devised. I am sure it is an honor to be a part of our Lords battlements.

If you are willing, we can equip your troops with advanced battle armors and a life support system capable of tending wounds and keeping even an ordinary soldier fighting far past his life expectancy. We call it a Fanatic Mask.

And do not worry. There will be plenty of slaves.//

Inside Huur's small command center, the air began to shimmer. In a loud boom, the Walking God appeared before the tiny Omic, his enormous body filling the room and making things very cramped.

"We have some things to discuss, you and I", the Walking God hissed, his face directly in front of the minute Huur.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 06:17:55 am »
//We thank you for your offering of your life support systems, but we must decline, our droids already have a system installed with alloweds them to repair themselves even when their main CPU has been destroyed.

The following Robot Divisions will be merged with your forces:

4678th and 1786th Pathfinder Droid Divisions
All divisions between and including 567th and 4690th Infantry exept the 603rd
All Engeneer Droid Divisions
Assassin Droid XB-42 and XB-12

We hope we can help your cause//

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 06:45:28 am »
On Emerald

"My Lord, we have recieved word from the AoH. The Communicants are on the warpath."
"For what reason?"
"We do not know. Though we have a data stream from Gollyngla's feeder. Should I patch it through?"
"Do so. Open two-way, so I can advise her personally."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:31:36 am by Haseri »

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 08:02:09 am »
Heirarchs and Clerks shuffled about through the chief communications center on Tal with an air of business about them. The great circular hall, covered in quasi-tribal decorations, branched off into a number of directions, each hall leading to a specific receiving or transmitting room. Each room itself made a circle, panels lining its entirety.

Right now, in room 3A, a small circle lit up. A transmission was being received.

The priority was marked to the highest possible extent, and it was transmitted to the first Tal'rok himself.

The Tal'rok heard it, and knew what was coming. What he had feared from the moment his predecessor condoned the alliance with the Communicants. They wanted their help. They wanted it all. And they wanted it now.

Nothing was more imortant than this. He sent a copy of the message directly to Kuatak's emergency transmission receiver, carried on him at all times, ordered that the Talan military mobilize immediately, and that the fleet be manned and trained in military excercises. If this goes wrong, we will be ready.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2007, 08:02:58 am »
VISTA III was communing with XJ-1 in the council room surreptitiously.

~??It is time we took matters into our own hands, XJ-1.  People are dying out here, and the K'jalians are far too weak to respond.??

~//I agree, VISTA III.  As soon as the meeting's over, let us infiltrate these religious fanatics at their source.//

~??You really think that we are powerful enough to hide right under the Walking God's nose?  He may already be listening to us.??

~//Alas, I am sure that our stealth technology can pass any tracking he may put upon us.  He is not quite omniponent.  And don't forget about our communicant disguise configuration.//

~??Robots never forget.  END SECURE TRANSMISSION??
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2007, 08:11:08 am »
On Emerald

The Emperor was watching the live feed on his tele-vision screen. He didn't want to be like his own father, blood-thirsty and warlike. But if push comes to shove...
"Taccas, I want the fleet on stand-by. This could get rough. And Gollyngla is to say nothing without my say so, ok?"
« Last Edit: September 09, 2007, 08:32:38 am by Haseri »

Online Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2007, 08:12:26 am »
"Very well" Said Huur. As an afterthought, Huur turned on his Unsure Armour. And it made the Walking God very... well, unsure. The Unsure Armour is basically made of a metal which molecules aren't exactly in one place and time. To summarise, it makes you hard to concentrate on the wearer without giving you a headache.

Huur was very intimidated by the Walking God's size.

"I am not intimidated by your size."
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2007, 08:20:05 am »
Once out of sight, XJ-1 and VISTA III began to morph into communicants.  VISTA III split off into three different communicants, and said to XJ-1 "You have to admit, gel-based morphing is cool!"

"Show off..." XJ-1 muttered.  "Stop flaunting your upgrades, and be serious!

"Alright alright, Mr. Obsolete."  VISTA III smirked (Or what counted for a smirk on a communicant).  "Where to next?"

"The communicant homeworld, Mr. Bug-ridden."

"That's DR Bug-ridden to you."  VISTA III retorted.  "Isn't that a bit far though?  And I'm sure that the communicants have an organized system.  We can't just land and start snooping around."

"Fine.  To the nearest Communicant flagship.  We'll "substitute" ourselves for some soldiers."

And with that they sped off.
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT