Which Region Should We Use?

Viridian Woods
0 (0%)
Titan Gorge
3 (25%)
Discovery Delta
9 (75%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Author Topic: GS SimCity (2013) Community Game (Sign Up!)  (Read 19210 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: GS SimCity (2013) Community Game (Sign Up!)
« Reply #150 on: March 06, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »
I looked over your city, and the problems are pretty obvious. Your bonds are costing you 2,000 an hour in payments, and you might have upgraded your police station too soon. You're also not exporting your metal or alloy to the global market. You also don't need three different trade storages or whatever they're called to hold your ore and coal. Your smelting factory is also in a terrible location near your garbage dump, which is also too limited because you've got nowhere to expand for more dumping sites if you need them. The smelting factory is the worst though, it needs room to add all the additional modules. Your other problem is that you're so incredibly heavy on residential that you lack much industrial or commercial income, which may or may not be a side effect of my city.

Your remedy is somewhat simple. You need to switch that trade hub that's holding the alloys and metal to export them. You could turn everything back on with that simple press of a button. You'd still run a deficit, but your income would be enormous. How do you think I get by, running damn near -20k/hr occasionally? I export my processors for a cool million per day, and I'm still trying to expand my business, but I have to wait until my coal/ore runs out for the space those mines take up.

Somewhat longer-term, once the bonds are paid off, that 2k will drop off your budget. Finally, I'm not whether or not you need the enormous police station already, maybe you do. Just something to consider. I'd do something about giving your smelting factory room to breath. Same with the garbage and sewage treatment. If you invest in a second ore mine, you can run the smelting factory on full-Alloys, which make 43k per 10 tons as opposed to metal which is a good deal cheaper. I'd also consolidate your trade hubs into maybe two. One to handle shipping your exports out, and one to handle receiving your coal and ore to ship to the smelting factory. Ideally you should be utilizing the coal and ore as fast as you strike the earth. I'm doing this double time, smelting my daily mined coal and ore into alloy, which itself is combined with imported plastics to create my processors. Just have the coal to power your plant shipped in until you decide to switch to something else.

Pro top, a single public library also raises your education cap by one. Each education building does. Also just demolish abandoned anything. They're fire hazards and cause other problems. The buildings will rebuild, usually at the same level.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 06, 2013, 09:27:01 pm »
Hey, how did everyone else get to the point where they could upgrade their Mining HQ?  I've got two mines running at full capacity carting ore off to two trade depots and I'm still not able to produce the 190,000 simoleons per day that the first upgrade requires.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 06, 2013, 10:12:08 pm »
I needed three mines completely upgraded.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #153 on: March 06, 2013, 11:45:54 pm »
So was was redoing my roads like Raz suggested and now that I have been bulldozing so much my economy is collapsing and no one wants to move back in. I am basically having to delete most everything and start over. Hopefully the new road system will be better. Also a meteor shower hit my city so a bunch of my old infrastructure got knocked out.

I still have the Tokyo Tower but probably not for much longer.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 07, 2013, 12:05:01 am »
Don't feel bad. I went ahead and transitioned to not surviving off mined ore and coal... Now I import. I was doing good, but I just had to keep pushing... Pushed myself nearly into bankruptcy as I tried to achieve the freaking electronics goal for level 2 and Consumer Electronics Factories. Bankruptcy multiple times only saved by a bug that apparently reenables controls because I ship stuff constantly. Now I'm back to making good money and breaking into the Consumer Electronics market, which is absurdly expensive. My processors currently sell for about 64k, but the TVs sell for 194k. The processors are 1:1 to the TVs, but making the TVs requires the usual 100:1 Alloys and 1:1 Plastics. Assuming I can produce the alloys myself as usual.

In other news, I've researched the best solar power generators that output 32MW, and the Gen 2 Nuclear Reactors that output 300MW instead of 200MW. Somewhat cheaper to build and run, the gen 2's are. Currently researching the neutron reactors that output 600MW. Nuclear power is fantastic as long as your people are educated enough not to screw it up and cause a meltdown. My university can't seem to get enough students... It seems clear to me that I need people inhabiting the other cities in my subset of the region in order to get enough students attending the university to add more schools so I can research more technologies.

But off to bed and school tomorrow for me.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #155 on: March 07, 2013, 02:38:37 am »
This is very weird. It says it cannot load my city. Come back later.

Wait ... What?  ???

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #156 on: March 07, 2013, 03:29:47 am »
I looked over your city, and the problems are pretty obvious. Your bonds are costing you 2,000 an hour in payments, and you might have upgraded your police station too soon. You're also not exporting your metal or alloy to the global market. You also don't need three different trade storages or whatever they're called to hold your ore and coal. Your smelting factory is also in a terrible location near your garbage dump, which is also too limited because you've got nowhere to expand for more dumping sites if you need them. The smelting factory is the worst though, it needs room to add all the additional modules. Your other problem is that you're so incredibly heavy on residential that you lack much industrial or commercial income, which may or may not be a side effect of my city.

Your remedy is somewhat simple. You need to switch that trade hub that's holding the alloys and metal to export them. You could turn everything back on with that simple press of a button. You'd still run a deficit, but your income would be enormous. How do you think I get by, running damn near -20k/hr occasionally? I export my processors for a cool million per day, and I'm still trying to expand my business, but I have to wait until my coal/ore runs out for the space those mines take up.

Somewhat longer-term, once the bonds are paid off, that 2k will drop off your budget. Finally, I'm not whether or not you need the enormous police station already, maybe you do. Just something to consider. I'd do something about giving your smelting factory room to breath. Same with the garbage and sewage treatment. If you invest in a second ore mine, you can run the smelting factory on full-Alloys, which make 43k per 10 tons as opposed to metal which is a good deal cheaper. I'd also consolidate your trade hubs into maybe two. One to handle shipping your exports out, and one to handle receiving your coal and ore to ship to the smelting factory. Ideally you should be utilizing the coal and ore as fast as you strike the earth. I'm doing this double time, smelting my daily mined coal and ore into alloy, which itself is combined with imported plastics to create my processors. Just have the coal to power your plant shipped in until you decide to switch to something else.

Pro top, a single public library also raises your education cap by one. Each education building does. Also just demolish abandoned anything. They're fire hazards and cause other problems. The buildings will rebuild, usually at the same level.

The reason for all the trade depots was because my mines kept closing because they couldn't get the stuff out fast enough. And I thought I set everything to export, guessed I missed one. But I might try making one a trade port so I can use the rails instead of the roads, cause even with the mass transit, the road to the region is always traffic heavy.

The upgraded police precinct (when I placed it) cost less per month than the fully upgraded police station. But they kept complaining there was too much crime, so I added a couple more things, I was still making money though. As for the zoning, the commercial was meant to take over some of the interior, but commercial demand throughout me game has been poor, industrial high. But I figured that the mines would replace the jobs of industry (and I'd replace them with industry once they were done). It will be difficult to move/expand the Smelting Factory without removing more industry, or moving it to an undesirable location.

I'm not too worried about the garbage, the incinerator is more then taking care of it, and they take up a lot less space then the dumps, so I can place more if I need to.

Also, I have a library, it's just turned off. :P I also had a high school until a Giant Lizard happened (this is after money problems, mind you, so it was turned off, but I couldn't afford to replace it).

Anyway, anything I do will have to wait until I get home from work. :P

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #157 on: March 07, 2013, 09:08:31 am »
Man I can't wait to join this and see what terrible things happen to me.  :D

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 07, 2013, 09:50:07 am »
Man I can't wait to join this and see what terrible things happen to me.  :D
  • Server Not Available
  • Connected! Entered queue, estimated wait time: 45:38
  • City could not be loaded
  • "I ran out of space already?!"
  • "Why am I being booted? I just sneezed within 10 meters of my router!"

[/snark]

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #159 on: March 07, 2013, 10:35:29 am »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 07, 2013, 12:04:29 pm »
I don't have connection problems anymore as far as I can tell. Maybe it's just me. I lose connection now and then but it keeps playing until it reconnects.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #161 on: March 07, 2013, 12:35:12 pm »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #162 on: March 07, 2013, 12:41:22 pm »
This is very weird. It says it cannot load my city. Come back later.

Wait ... What?  ???

So i got a rollback or abandon button so I rolled back and it rolled back to before the meteor shower and everything was destroyed! So now my economy is not ruined because it apparently never happened. Yay!  ;D

EDIT: In other news MetallicDragon joined the region! Yay!  ;D
« Last Edit: March 07, 2013, 12:44:05 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 07, 2013, 01:12:05 pm »
SUPPORT YOUR RAZIAN OVERLORDS WITH MOAR HOUSING.

If you're connected to me by highway.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #164 on: March 07, 2013, 01:39:55 pm »
So, I wanna redo my city (like, all of it), but I'm going to need money to do it. If anyone would like to donate money to the cause, please do! The more the better! I will pay back anyone who gives me money (eventually). If anyone wants me to go into detail about my plans before they just give me money, I will.

It will take me much. much longer to redo my city if I don't get help monetarily.

Thank you for you consideration!