Author Topic: Who are you?  (Read 283516 times)

Offline Disgustedorite

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Self-Proclaimed Sagan 4 Historian
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you?
« Reply #1050 on: June 28, 2021, 01:18:59 pm »
Hey! Have fun and be safe.

You ever talk with Hydromancerx? He should be discoverable on Steam or Discord under that name. He'll talk to you all day about that stuff if you catch him at the right time. I think I have some old backups of Sagan 4 that I kept for the sake of archival. Will have to look around though.
I actually have already been in contact with Hydro for a few years now! I literally talked him into making a new species yesterday lol

What backups might you have other than what's on the wiki? I'm interested in forum archives and rejected species especially, as the majority of those have been lost.
Sagan 4 Beta Admin, Sagan 4 Alpha ? ? ?, Self-Proclaimed Sagan 4 Historian

DeviantArt - Twitter - Sagan 4

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1051 on: June 30, 2021, 04:29:03 pm »
It looks like a backup of the wiki itself. And possibly a Wordpress blog and something called "Sagan forum". I'm not entirely sure what these all are. I was never really involved with this project. The file was created in late July 2017, or at least that's when I received it. It is 845MB and I labeled it as "never delete" so I guess those were the instructions given to me. :D

Offline Disgustedorite

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 01, 2021, 09:59:00 pm »
It looks like a backup of the wiki itself. And possibly a Wordpress blog and something called "Sagan forum". I'm not entirely sure what these all are. I was never really involved with this project. The file was created in late July 2017, or at least that's when I received it. It is 845MB and I labeled it as "never delete" so I guess those were the instructions given to me. :D
Could you send the "Sagan forum" thing to me over private message? (not publicly, as if it's anything like the wiki backup, it might have passwords inside which would be very bad to share with everyone) It looks a little small to be the whole forum backup, but it might be valuable nonetheless.

EDIT: Looks like personal messages are disabled here. In that case, do you have discord, or perhaps somewhere else where private messages are enabled?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 10:42:16 am by Disgustedorite »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #1053 on: July 02, 2021, 10:58:47 am »
I can upload it to a host and PM you the link. I'll do it some time thia s weekend.

If memory serves, personal messaging was disabled for users bow a certain post count threshold due to a spamming incident.

Offline Disgustedorite

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 02, 2021, 01:04:35 pm »
I can upload it to a host and PM you the link. I'll do it some time thia s weekend.

If memory serves, personal messaging was disabled for users bow a certain post count threshold due to a spamming incident.
I'm looking forward to it!

I guess I'll post around some more to build my post count. Edit: I hit 10 posts, so I can send and receive messages now!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2021, 01:59:45 pm by Disgustedorite »