Author Topic: Will the spore galaxy be only one? or is it randomly generated  (Read 9799 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: Will the spore galaxy be only one? or is it randomly generated
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2006, 04:03:45 pm »
Whats wrong with gay marriges?

Edit:
Gay marriges are legal in NZ, so is gambling and so is prostitution (not thar I ever would do either of them).

Offline HanianKnight

• Choplifter Captain
  • He's Probably a Good Guy...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2006, 04:35:03 pm »
whats wrong with gay marriges?

*backs away from upcoming flamewar over gay marriage*
By the time you finish reading this signature, I've gotten into your house, stolen your t.v., and re-decorated the place so that it fits with your hipster lifestyle.

Offline lolasan

• Rigel Rescuer
  • Poor Martian Bish
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2006, 06:01:48 pm »
whats wrong with gay marriges?

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I changed a few of the things from a HUMOR list that is actually Pro-it. I believe there is nothing wrong with it. The points on the list were common arguments against it that had additions that discredited it.

Yeesh, can I go 1 day without the first line of my sig being true.
And with this post, I've opened yet another can of worms.

Friend: I propose a knife fight to decide

Me: But you're the only one of us who carries a knife.

Friend: Correction, four.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #33 on: September 06, 2006, 06:04:25 pm »
Personally I find this complete lack of tact and reserve you all possess extemely sexy and arousing. Rawr.

Offline Chickenman297

• Scramble Skipper
  • So there!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2006, 06:49:49 pm »
hmmmm i could be wrong, but in the demo whenever he's zoomed out, it bin the same spiral galaxy, like our own. So i reckon we might all recieve the same sorta template for a galaxy, basic shape, location of black holes etc (if there are any) and maybe even the different solar systems. however what these planets would consist of would would be randomly generated 2 suit our needs. This way certain items, like the relics and alien technology could be in certain places, like the 3rd planet away from you, and the 1st intelegent life you encounter in the 2nd solar sytem you explore...
You could be right about the basic shape of the galaxy, but I doubt the star systems and black holes will be in the same location.  One thing I will be doing is to save the game at a point just before I leave the solar system.  I will then load the game at that point several times to see if I get different planets and stars each time.
thinking about it, would it be easier 2 program a set galaxy that had the ability 2 randomly generate planets or a galaxy that can completely randomly generated itself?
Interesting question.  It would be easier to program a set galaxy with randomly generated planets, but I think WW will have the galaxy generated entirely procedually.  Read the posts about the pollination and maybe watch the video from GDC05 and listen to what WW says for the difference between random and procedual
thinking more :) hasnt ww already said it would be like 10,000 planets max? surely that means there imposing some kinds of limits to it, meaning maybe we're gettin a template?!
more like about 10,000,000 ;)  The templates you are speaking of will actually be mostly from other players of Spore.
Book, book, book

Offline Tarrasque

• Mystery House Madman
  • Freedom at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 07, 2006, 04:47:57 am »
Yeah that is genius. At the beginning there aren't no other planets at all. But then everybody is synchronously creating planets and civilizations and when people are finally getting there and buy the interstellar drive the galaxy is populated.

So much for theory...
"I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Offline benjaminge

• Galaxian Guru
  • He said it, not me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 07, 2006, 08:14:31 am »
yeah i miss quoted that number ;D wud b interestin 2 see if there are any similiar features of the galaxys, whether or not star sytems are randomly generated to... Still wondering how alien technology and stuff will work... i would expect some things that affect the storyline will have to be "planted" like i said. 1st intelegent life within 3 star systems or something... could be wrong tho

Apparently the warning "do not try this at home" really means "do not try this at all"... no one told ME!!!!