Author Topic: 3 New Creature Editor videos  (Read 37296 times)

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: 3 New Creature Editor videos
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2006, 11:20:04 am »
I sense alot of hate in this thread.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2006, 11:33:14 am »
Are you kidding me? No.1 rocked! ;D CAn't you just see it chasing you, shouting "I'm coming to grab you!"

Offline ishkibable

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2006, 11:34:45 am »
would the third one be taken down for "inappropriate content"? also someone there should have taken a removable hard drive to steal the program like in a dream i had last night, i really don't think it would have been that hard, it seems really crowded.

Offline DarkDragon

• Double Dragon Dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2006, 11:53:10 am »
Anyone noticed the aquatic creature parts are still there? :X

Also when he changes the creature name you can see it has a *.crt extension so we know we will have a file for each creature :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2006, 11:59:08 am by DarkDragon »
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:03 am »
Anyone noticed the aquatic creature parts are still there? :X
All I saw was that crest and those frilly fin-things. Both of which were in the decorative items palette.

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2006, 11:59:43 am »
Whoever said that they were taking out water creaures?

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2006, 12:03:09 pm »
Whoever said that they were taking out water creaures?
Will Wright did.

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2006, 12:04:33 pm »
No he said that sentiant water creatures may be cut. People have overblown that statement to all water creatures.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2006, 12:08:47 pm »
Grr! How dare they make the creatures they want to make?! How could Maxis allow them to do such a thing?!

Since I have to watch every spore video, I'd appreciate it if the people making it didn't have to be so dumb.

"Tee hee! Let's make a big ball creature! Hey, look how big I can make the hands and how small I can make the feet! I'm clever as hell!"

And then it took them 2 minutes to get something exactly the way they wanted just so they could take it out 10 seconds later, they didn't understand the extremely intuitive controls (the person was screwing around with the ring rotator thing for about 10 seconds dragging it off screen and all this other crap. How could you screw that up?), and they just tried to make the dupiest looking creature possible. I imagine my little cousin would make something better than that if I let him play with it when I get it.

If you want to make something stupid, do it on your own time.

Nazzul, it's been said by some Aussie or Brit or someone who works for maxis that you get out of the cell stage by rolling onto land as a slug-like blob.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Nazzul

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2006, 12:11:21 pm »
Again your miss qouting soemone thats not even a maker of the game. If there are still flying creatures what is the reason for taking out water creatures?

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2006, 12:13:55 pm »
Again your miss qouting soemone thats not even a maker of the game.

He works directly for maxis, he's probably a PR guy. Just because he's not Will Wright doesn't mean he doesn't know what he's talking about.

If there are still flying creatures what is the reason for taking out water creatures?

We don't know, but just because it doesn't make sense to you doesn't mean that they'll include the feature.

Stop trying to rationalize, they're probably taking out water creatures. Boo hoo.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2006, 12:14:19 pm »
No he said that sentiant water creatures may be cut. People have overblown that statement to all water creatures.
He didn't say sentiant, sentient, or even sapient water creatures. The exact quote was: "You start out underwater, at the molecular level, so it's just a matter of whether or not you're forced out and onto land."

Which strongly implies forced out onto land after the molecular (tide pool) phase. On top of the fact that the editor doesn't have any fins apart from the decorative ones.
If you want to make something stupid, do it on your own time.
Pretty difficult, seeing as how the editor isn't available to the public, wouldn't you say?
You all make it sound as though these people don't have the right to be tinkering with the creature editor unless they're willing to take it dead serious. I want to get my hands on the editor as much as the next man, but you don't see me going around complaining about the people who did get the chance, and how they didn't use it make what I would consider to be a cool creature.

Again your miss qouting soemone thats not even a maker of the game. If there are still flying creatures what is the reason for taking out water creatures?
He does work for Maxis, actually. And there's been no evidence of flying creatures in the recent demos, either.

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2006, 12:15:32 pm »
Are you kidding me? No.1 rocked! ;D

it looked like a pickled bollock with legs and 2 huge arms

look,

and did you hear that guy giggle when he gave his creature a penis, he is clearly a retarded pervert
Never mind your own business.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2006, 12:18:28 pm »
You're right, bastardman. They have every right to play with the editor the way they want.

I also have every right to get pissed off at them for making the dumbest thing I've ever seen. And giggling every time they make it look dumber...

Offline Brutus

• Ice Climber
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2006, 12:20:31 pm »
one of them made a appendaged bollock and the other one made a penis with a bird attached to it, i think we have a right to say that they are dumbarses
Never mind your own business.