Author Topic: Genetic Engineering / Gladiators  (Read 11400 times)

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
Genetic Engineering / Gladiators
« on: May 12, 2006, 07:35:06 pm »
- ""At the higher levels of the game, one of the things you can research is genetic engineering, at which point you can access the creature editor for free and you can design as many creatures as you want, and use them to populate worlds. You could recreate an entire ecosystem designing every creature in it.""

quote from google video fan  http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4028.msg119806#msg119806

So what does everyone think about the genetic engineering. I really want to make my own planet with everything on it made by me. Then i want to leave a monolith so they will worship me. Just think anything you dont make originally u can make later with the genetic engineering, thats just cool. You could like make a pet species for your creatures. I think right now the genetic engineering just sounds awesome. So what do you guys think about and what will you do with it (ideas thoughts opinions)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:45:11 pm by xcoldcloudx »

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
Re: Genetic Engineering
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2006, 07:40:38 pm »
I'm going to make weapons out of them. Giant boil covered troll monsters whose mouths are on their stomachs and eyes are on their head, with  five humongous arms and six powerful legs! Eight feet tall!

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2006, 07:44:01 pm »
I'm going to make weapons out of them. Giant boil covered troll monsters whose mouths are on their stomachs and eyes are on their head, with  five humongous arms and six powerful legs! Eight feet tall!

I think this is one of the coolest aspects of the ability to make more creatures at the space age. I mean, I could design a race of collossal world-killing brutes, load as many as I can into my U.F.O. and everytime I attack a city, dump them onto the citizens for maximum terror.

Would be pretty sweet to watch.

"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2006, 07:44:24 pm »
i was thinking about having my creature (monkey top, spider bottom) Make all these normal looking spiders to use as pets (or close as possible to pets). I then would also make all these other animals with spider bottoms. then i will form a spider alliance. muhhahahahaahha.

I was also thinking it would just be fun to come some desolate moon and make it habitable for life and fill it up. That concept of the game is just awesome.

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2006, 07:44:42 pm »
I'm going to go all out in the creature editor and create creatures that have quirks. Basically, I will experiment until I get a creature that walks in circles, or can't dance, or does something odd and out of the ordinary. I will exploit the algorithms and make them do something they weren't supposed to do. It'll be a long road, but it'll be worth it. One developer said that the scripts will work 80% of the time, so I will try to find that 20%

Offline google_video_fan

• Revenging Yar
  • The video that started it all...
    • View Profile
    • http://othersite.org
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2006, 07:45:08 pm »
- ""At the higher levels of the game, one of the things you can research is genetic engineering, at which point you can access the creature editor for free and you can design as many creatures as you want, and use them to populate worlds. You could recreate an entire ecosystem designing every creature in it.""

quote from google video fan  http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=4028.msg119806#msg119806

So what does everyone think about the genetic engineering. I really want to make my own planet with everything on it made by me. Then i want to leave a monolith so they will worship me. Just think anything you dont make originally u can make later with the genetic engineering, thats just cool. You could like make a pet species for your creatures. I think right now the genetic engineering just sounds awesome. So what do you guys think about and what will you do with it (ideas thoughts opinions)

Yea, this basically allows for an endless game... I'm also hoping that you'll be able to start these creatures from scratch - in terms of starting from the tribal stage!

i'm a fan of the GDC 2005 Spore video on Google Videos...

http://othersite.org <- my site

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2006, 07:45:26 pm »
Remember the genetic editor isn't any different than the creature editor and as such will have the same limitations.  I doubt we will suddenly be able to make an uber creature.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2006, 07:45:55 pm »
Yeah you could make these strong destructive monsters and drop them off on planets you hate to clear them out for you to colonize and refill with something you like.

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2006, 07:46:41 pm »
I found the perfect thing to rip-off...errr... recreate! BEHOLD! THE AVATAR OF NURGLE! (copyright Games-workshop, Warhammer table top game)

Offline Granite T. Rock

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
    • Granite's Homepage
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2006, 07:54:36 pm »
I don't know... it kinda looks like a big blob....  j/k

That'd be cool... I wonder if the editor will allow us to make tongues like that ... or allow more than one tongue per mouth?
My Spore Profile  ****  My Spore Videos
Wii Friend Code: 7772 0178 1092 3363  Mario Kart Code: 2363-6666-4480 (PM me when you add me)

Offline xcoldcloudx

• Intellivision Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2006, 07:56:54 pm »
yeah armies of giant destructive monsters  :D :D :D Funny. HOw fast can you clear a planet?

http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/016/016985/img_3331173.html

Nice dog now go get the aliens ;D

« Last Edit: May 12, 2006, 08:06:18 pm by xcoldcloudx »

Offline QReaper

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • Knowledge is a weapon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2006, 07:57:24 pm »
Imagine that, only 100 of them, converging on your city. Do you need a change of underwear?

Offline Zzarxis

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2006, 07:58:50 pm »
Behold! Groknash! Tewor of da seas!

What would be perfect if robotic parts do get put in the game as a future tech. That eye could be turned into a lazey beam.

Teh Destwuctor!

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2006, 08:02:12 pm »
Remember the genetic editor isn't any different than the creature editor and as such will have the same limitations.  I doubt we will suddenly be able to make an uber creature.

Yes you can,as Will sead "later in the game you can use the creature editor for free"  ;D.
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2006, 08:03:15 pm »
Remember the genetic editor isn't any different than the creature editor and as such will have the same limitations.  I doubt we will suddenly be able to make an uber creature.

Yes you can,as Will sead "later in the game you can use the creature editor for free"  ;D.

I think he meant in terms of brain limitations.