Author Topic: How Stealth Works  (Read 16349 times)

Offline cyclonic

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: How Stealth Works
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2006, 11:15:56 am »
the color concept isn't too far fetched either. It would make sense to since each planet should have multiple evironments in it to blend into. The only thing I can see that might be a problem is that is would in some way influence the color of the creature, and some people probably won't like that too much. But then...the other creatures in your environment would do the same thing

Offline lxix

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2006, 12:12:03 pm »
I would think surface area is what dictates the stealth factor, though not necessarily frontal surface area. Think about why the Stealth Bomber is as 'hidden' as it is (based on shape and not just the engines) and it makes sense why adding most body parts decreases stealth.

As far as social, I think that anything, including hands, arms, motion and vocal, that adds to interaction/communication, should add to social skills. Some are better than others though as when there is a language barrier, motion is key. More appendages can only add to the ease of communication. Creatures with fewer hands can still be social, they just will be at a greater disadvantage and will need to rely more on strong vocals.

Offline TotalSandwich

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Tersonal Pext?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2006, 07:10:13 pm »
I would think surface area is what dictates the stealth factor, though not necessarily frontal surface area. Think about why the Stealth Bomber is as 'hidden' as it is (based on shape and not just the engines) and it makes sense why adding most body parts decreases stealth.

As far as social, I think that anything, including hands, arms, motion and vocal, that adds to interaction/communication, should add to social skills. Some are better than others though as when there is a language barrier, motion is key. More appendages can only add to the ease of communication. Creatures with fewer hands can still be social, they just will be at a greater disadvantage and will need to rely more on strong vocals.
The stealth bomber is shaped how it is to deflect radar...OOOOO!
Do you think that you vehicles could have a stealth rating too! That would be cool.
The moon is a sickle cell; it will kill you in time.

Offline Paroxysm

• Brain Games Mastermind
  • "You must kill your best friend."
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2006, 06:46:33 pm »
This is about creature stealth, not necessarily vehicle stealth. For vehicle stealth, you could probably invent a cloaking device or something similar.
Don't say "welcome to the forum" or anything similar to that to me. I've been here forever, just never found the need to post.

Offline Semi-Auto Badger

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2006, 06:54:18 pm »
A sombedy elses problem field perhaps ?::)

Says it all really....

Better than pancakes

Offline stuck

• Robotron Automaton
  • Who is John Galt?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2006, 07:00:34 pm »
A sombedy elses problem field perhaps ?::)
Well, it is the easiest way. :)

Offline Lord Kane

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • Pwned? No, I call it free style dieing.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2006, 07:25:06 pm »
Tactial Evolution Sneak 'Em-Up! Metal Gear: Spore! Willosaur Eater!

I like the sound of that...