Author Topic: Underwater Intellegence Confirmed!!!  (Read 12195 times)

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
Re: Underwater Intellegence Confirmed!!!
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2005, 04:20:55 pm »
with all this talk of having a water creature something came to my attention. Will showed that when he evolved legs he sank to the bottom of the water and crawled onto land, so my question is: Do you think it is possible to make an amphibious creautre or will we be limited to water/flying/land based creatures  ??? ? It would also be neat to make a Triphibian....hopefully this will be addressed  :)

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2005, 04:36:37 pm »
I don't think I'm the only person who wants to know what the heck a triphibian is...

I'm guessing a land/water/air creature?

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2005, 04:43:33 pm »
I wonder if you could design a submarine that does that? Think about it, you see a quiet sea, maybe hear a low humming, and BAM! a giant ship comes out of the water and blows everything to bits... heh heh heh. Then it skims across the surface of the water and lands on land where it becomes an impenetrable ATV thing.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2005, 04:52:29 pm »
I don't think I'm the only person who wants to know what the heck a triphibian is...

I'm guessing a land/water/air creature?

yep, thats exactly what it is  ;D

Offline Calqhoon

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2005, 03:05:52 am »
It's all about the giant ten-eyed fire-breathing squid.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2005, 03:11:47 am »
I was thinking... could you make a device later on in the game that made your under water species go on land?

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Stromko

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2005, 04:25:18 am »
X-Com: Terror from the Deep had that whole thing going on, kind of jet-powered submarines that could fly through both land and sea. Of course they had a bit of juryrigged alien technology helping them by that point in the series but still.. Spore will have 100% alien technology so why not? ;) They also had all sorts of freaky underwater aliens of course.. those amorphous blobs in the diving suits were my favorite. Freaky. :)

Then again making the AI for such a thing(air/water/land vehicle) so that it behaves rationally would be kind of a pain wouldn't it? I think they're wanting a really simple interface in Spore, so part of the reason for having air vehicles and sea vehicles and land vehicles would be so that you don't need to do anything more complicated than a simple click. Don't have to click any buttons or hot-keys to make a vehicle land, submerge, what-have-you.

Some kind of amphibious vehicles would be good of course, things able to both move on land and cross water, but can't figure out a very compelling reason for an air/land/water vehicle.. or creature for that matter. If you need them to get someplace fast, well, use a flying vehicle. Not a real compelling necessity to land, as far as we know at this point, in order to do anything that a vehicle does. Course I could be wrong. And I would like to see kinda complex things like APCs in the game, don't get me wrong. Seeing the creatures battle it out on foot would really give some variety to things.

Offline Nuriboy

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2005, 05:12:51 am »
So when they flush the toilet, where does it go? ???

Does anyone wonder how the heck there are toilets that flush in spongebob?
pure comedy gold :D
It could be frankie. It could be very fresh and clean. It could be a balloon.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2005, 05:20:37 am »

Then again making the AI for such a thing(air/water/land vehicle) so that it behaves rationally would be kind of a pain wouldn't it?

Yeah but they have already done so much with things like that (more eyes see better, more legs better speed etc.) so why not that?

PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.

Offline Lord Janos

• Wizardry Whiz
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2005, 05:45:40 am »
Yes I always dreamed of making a water race (I always liked water don't know why).

I should hope you like it - you're mostly made of it and only need it to stay alive after all ;).

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2005, 05:58:40 am »
Yes I always dreamed of making a water race (I always liked water don't know why).

I should hope you like it - you're mostly made of it and only need it to stay alive after all ;).

Yeah I know but I meant if I had the choice in a game between a water race and a land race I would choose the water race.