Author Topic: Creepy and Cute for free with Spore .... WTH  (Read 41177 times)

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Creepy and Cute for free with Spore .... WTH
« Reply #45 on: October 26, 2008, 12:14:11 am »
Everybody channel your hate to me!
I didn't get spore yet, but I'll be sure to maximize on this deal! :D
If you are really smart you will wait 3-5 years and get Spore 2, for the same price you might pay for Spore today, but with much more content and gameplay!!!
Don't count on it. EA likes to release all new games of the same series with even less features than the old ones.

Not everyone can win the lottery. You're asking EA to do this for free and that means compromising the future quality of this game. Think about it.
Win the lottery? They are the lottery. The game has already sold how many copies? And they have how many other assets that they're selling for maximum profit with very little cost to them? Maxis has nothing to do with the marketing. They don't get paid for every copy EA sells, either. Them selling more games wouln't improve their quality, it'll just inspire EA to find more ways to milk the game. Now, if nobody buys this, EA might lose interest in paying for the production of another one; but they're not going to give them any more time to work on the game. You'll still be seeing 2 month deadlines.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 12:25:49 am by AlfredO »

Offline Moogie

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 26, 2008, 01:16:23 am »
It's typical EA practice to milk you for money and then forget you the moment they have it.

As someone has already said, they're doing this purely for new customers; they don't give a crap about their existing ones. :)

Just say no. You've paid your money, and you know a few measly extra parts isn't worth that price tag and this added insult. What's more, complaining about it won't change a thing.

So go and get the parts pack for free, like you deserve. It'll be a relatively small download, anyway. Money speaks, gentlemen, so save up and buy something that's actually worth it.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 01:18:28 am by Moogie »

Offline hikispore

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
    • Spore Nieuws
« Reply #47 on: October 26, 2008, 02:00:11 am »
I don't mind paying for the pack but its the very bad timing from EA that pisses me off.

On the release date newbies can get the pack for free and players that got Spore before have to pay for the pack.

That really pisses me off !

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 26, 2008, 02:13:25 am »
Money speaks, gentlemen, so save up and buy something that's actually worth it

Yeah like fallout 3.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 26, 2008, 07:21:59 am »
Huess what every game company is going to repeat this.. because gasp! They always have! :) Stop complaining for god sake! It was good enough then, still is... although Im not sure its worth it. Like one of the above, I mite wait tell a few expansions come out hehe. Well that or get them for free, then pay when there a few..
STOP SAYING THIS BULLCRAP.

Game companies HAVE had these kinds of offers, but not 2 MONTHS (Yes, that is only 61 days) after the purchase. The fact that it's only 2 months is the thing that most people are being pissed off about. Just go look up offers from other companies. Most get these offers like 6 months or 1 year after release. EA is just rich enough to not give a ****.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Petike

• Stargate Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 26, 2008, 07:57:39 am »
You guys are sometimes really weird.

If they would lower the price of the full game to 30$, (as it happens with every product sooner or later), they would also "punish the fans" for buying it earlier?
Because that's it. A price drop, if you get other product.
Of course all of us knew that later Spore will cost less, there were even people who said that they will wit for price drops. We decided to pay for the full game, because it worth the extra money to play with it on the first days.
They never lower the price of a game until at the very least 6 months after release. It hasn't been long enough for the dust to settle. We are being punished...
Ok, so EA is evil because they lower their prices sooner than anyone else?  :P

Congratulations, you reached a totally new, unexplored level of ridiculousness.
Quote from: MasterChiToes in "Spore was dumbed down"
Maybe the Sporons are the ones that got dumbed down?  ;D

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 26, 2008, 07:59:04 am »
Wait moogie, are you telling us to pirate this? ???
I hope not, lalwz.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline TDKenyon

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
    • Neu Age
« Reply #52 on: October 26, 2008, 08:27:36 am »
*waffles face* Is it me or has the world spun into a ball of bleh. I seriously am starting to get tired with the woe as me attitude. At some point I guess people got tired of the crap going on around them and are saying thats ENOUGH! I just wish I hadn't been around to see it. The complaining attitude is repulsive at this point to me.

Not to mention the methodology EA is using is the same as 9/10ths of the companies around. Methods we didnt complain about all that much in the past. The key difference between now and then is ...(Fill in blank). Its a factor. Something happened to us. Not to EA. :)

Personally I see no problem with what they are doing. There selling a expansion pack of parts not in the game and offering the expansion pack as free to bring in new customers. Perfectly normal. Not to mention they always could just give a discount to previous owners. EA has done that before. :)
QFT. It's been this way since The Sims, especially The Sims 2. We've just been waiting so long for Spore that we, as loyal fans, are taking this personally.

You have to remember it's just a winkelwagen parts pack, people! So what if newbies get it for free? It entices them to get Spore and thus help build Spore's fanbase, so that Maxis/EA can afford to put out good expansions, keep up the Sporepedia, et cetera. It's not too soon after the game's release because it's only a parts pack; they're not bundling a wicked cool expansion with the game for free, just some extra parts.

Enough with this mentality of personal injustice. You are not being punished, they are not spiting you, you have not been wrong - they are just doing business.

gec05

« Reply #53 on: October 26, 2008, 09:23:42 am »
The only reason why you guys complain is because you don't have the money.

None of this isn't about any of those things to you. Everything you guys explained about it is just an elaborate complaint that you guys just don't have money for it.

20 dollars. Big woop. Deal with it. You should be complaining about the economy.

Offline Eradicator

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 26, 2008, 09:27:10 am »

Alrighty, look. Heres the reality of the situation. Once you've bought the product, EA no longer cares about you. This is a corporate company, the CEO behind the metaphorical 'big desk' yells "MOAR MONEY" and suddenly you aren't going to be worth giving the deal. Don't be surprised when stuff like this happens. Next time plan for it.

Regards,
Eradicator
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:34:33 am by Eradicator »

Offline Papaman

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
A Measured Reply
« Reply #55 on: October 26, 2008, 10:03:56 am »

None of this isn't about any of those things to you. Everything you guys explained about it is just an elaborate complaint that you guys just don't have money for it.

20 dollars. Big woop. Deal with it. You should be complaining about the economy.

Interesting. Wrong, but interesting. It shows me a lot about you and your thoughts/feelings about the community in large. You would fit in nicely with EA's business practice, or in modern politics.

This is an issue of perception and percieved value. We paid for a game out of the box, wanting to believe the hype. Generally we all fail the Wizard's First Rule.
We found it didn't live up to the hype, so we complained and got the company to fix a few things wrong with it.  This is the horrible "accepted norm" of computer gaming. It is an industry that is dead LAST in customer service. The even falls far far far behind companies like Sprint in customer service.

We were then told the expansion was coming out in a month. We failed the 1st Rule again. For my part, I per-ordered (I do have the $, it wasn't a big deal to spend it) but had to wait 3 weeks for said product. I was willing to do that. I try to show companies what I like or dislike with my $, as that is really all that matters in the long run to this "industry".

Meanwhile the company "decided" to sell the product for the same price AND put in the expansion. From what I can see, this was the plan from the start. It was rather a sharp slap in the face, specifically saying "SUCKER". As a consumer, I am told my choices are "putting up with it" or "spending a little more and get a new copy of the game w/ the expansion" IF I want the expansion.  It's a good marketting tool of a company that does not give a rat's ass about customer service.

You do not contribute to your current customer's ill will if you care about them. You do not ignore the anger when they tell you that they feel like they are being ripped off. You certainly don't tell them to stop whining and suck it up. That's just incompetant arrogance, from a business model point of view. Yet this is an "industry standard". I have decided to go the route that I should have taken years ago.

I have decided that such blind greed will not be supported by me. In my mind it has nothing to do with "bringing in new people". That is a lame excuse and current sales show it for the lie it is. Heed the Wizard's 5th rule.

I will not only cancel my pre-order, I will NEVER buy an expansion.  [edit] Pre-Order Cancelled [/edit]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 10:16:35 am by Papaman »

gec05

Re: A Measured Reply
« Reply #56 on: October 26, 2008, 10:36:20 am »

Interesting. Wrong, but interesting. It shows me a lot about you and your thoughts/feelings about the community in large. You would fit in nicely with EA's business practice, or in modern politics.

Not really. It's not a model I would ever use.

There is just nothing we can do to change things. That's the way EA has done things, and every attempt to boycott and petition them has fell deaf to them.

Offline Eradicator

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 26, 2008, 10:37:08 am »

This is an issue of perception and percieved value. We paid for a game out of the box, wanting to believe the hype. Generally we all fail the Wizard's First Rule.
We found it didn't live up to the hype, so we complained and got the company to fix a few things wrong with it.  This is the horrible "accepted norm" of computer gaming. It is an industry that is dead LAST in customer service. The even falls far far far behind companies like Sprint in customer service.

We were then told the expansion was coming out in a month. We failed the 1st Rule again. For my part, I per-ordered (I do have the $, it wasn't a big deal to spend it) but had to wait 3 weeks for said product. I was willing to do that. I try to show companies what I like or dislike with my $, as that is really all that matters in the long run to this "industry".

Meanwhile the company "decided" to sell the product for the same price AND put in the expansion. From what I can see, this was the plan from the start. It was rather a sharp slap in the face, specifically saying "SUCKER". As a consumer, I am told my choices are "putting up with it" or "spending a little more and get a new copy of the game w/ the expansion" IF I want the expansion.  It's a good marketting tool of a company that does not give a rat's ass about customer service.

You do not contribute to your current customer's ill will if you care about them. You do not ignore the anger when they tell you that they feel like they are being ripped off. You certainly don't tell them to stop whining and suck it up. That's just incompetant arrogance, from a business model point of view. Yet this is an "industry standard". I have decided to go the route that I should have taken years ago.

I have decided that such blind greed will not be supported by me. In my mind it has nothing to do with "bringing in new people". That is a lame excuse and current sales show it for the lie it is. Heed the Wizard's 5th rule.

I will not only cancel my pre-order, I will NEVER buy an expansion.  [edit] Pre-Order Cancelled [/edit]

Perfectly described EA's (and indeed, most other gaming companies) attitude towards customers. Good job.

Regards,
Eradicator

Offline Blulightning

• Bezerk Brawler
  • Radioactive Kitty!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 26, 2008, 11:21:58 am »

Like others here, I am shocked and appalled at your statements.
As a moderator, you should be more aware of your words and choose them more carefully next time.

I'm not saying you can't have an opinion on the matter, but moderators should not be so rash to make judgements.
The Spore community is already at an unrest, it is best that you help to settle it, not cause a bigger uproar.

Unless you're hoping for more of a rebellion, then I'm with you. ;)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2008, 11:25:22 am by Blulightning »

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
« Reply #59 on: October 26, 2008, 11:28:58 am »
In my mind it has nothing to do with "bringing in new people". That is a lame excuse and current sales show it for the lie it is. Heed the Wizard's 5th rule.

Then what DOES it have to do with? I'm serious. Are you saying that EA was just out to tick off its customers for no good reason other than to be the "big evil corporation?" I honestly don't understand your point of view here. What exactly do you think EA was trying to accomplish if not to sell more copies? What's the motive here?

This reaction is kind of ridiculous, honestly. Whether or not Spore and the parts pack are packaged together, those of us who already own the game are going to have to pay the same price. If someone else gets the opportunity to save some money, that doesn't have anything to DO with us. It's not like we are going to have to pay extra to compensate for the money that someone else saved.

This reaction makes no sense.