Author Topic: Creepy and Cute for free with Spore .... WTH  (Read 40017 times)

Offline Absinth

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
    • Check out my creatures on the sporepedia
Re: Creepy and Cute for free with Spore .... WTH
« Reply #30 on: October 25, 2008, 07:57:33 pm »
When i bought The Sims 2, I also got the stuff pack Familyfun for free, so it's nothing new.

And Blulightning just think about this one: you want to boycott a game because it gives away something for free!?!  :-\
Spore has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men.

My sporepedia page
My gamingsteve creature page

gec05

« Reply #31 on: October 25, 2008, 08:02:43 pm »
Yeah, it's more like a favor for people who were not initially interested or formally introduced to Spore.

Offline Kcronos

• Boulder Dasher
  • The Dark Time Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 25, 2008, 08:04:33 pm »
I'm...

I'm an Iphone buyer!  :o

How could this happen?
* Plank of Wood slaps

GET A HOLD OF YOURSELF MAN. THE REVIEWS DO NOT EFFECT ANYTHING EVER.

QFT

Offline wgooch

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 25, 2008, 08:15:33 pm »
I don't think i can handle much more of EA before I just quit on them  :o
All your base are belong to Grox.

Only email me under special circumstances, PM me instead. ;D

Offline AlfredO

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 25, 2008, 08:23:24 pm »
You guys are sometimes really weird.

If they would lower the price of the full game to 30$, (as it happens with every product sooner or later), they would also "punish the fans" for buying it earlier?
Because that's it. A price drop, if you get other product.
Of course all of us knew that later Spore will cost less, there were even people who said that they will wit for price drops. We decided to pay for the full game, because it worth the extra money to play with it on the first days.
They never lower the price of a game until at the very least 6 months after release. It hasn't been long enough for the dust to settle. We are being punished. We're paying an extra 20$ because we bought their product before they released patches for it, and effectively improved it for them by providing testing.. Testing that we paid to participate in. And now we have to pay again, for something people who didn't have to put up with the problems in the original release are getting for free.

Why is it a courtesy, free add-on for everyone else? Its a punishment to loyal customers that Sims fanboism can't spin.

gec05

« Reply #35 on: October 25, 2008, 08:41:54 pm »
Value depends on the individual.

If you like Spore you would naturally be willing to pay more money for it.

If are not interested in it you would pay less for it.

To attract them you need to bring the price down to their standards.

EA expects that you are forgiving and devoted enough to not mind paying the 20 dollars. After all, they do need to make a profit. There is way too many people already with Spore and to give the deal to current users would practically mean they gave the package for free.

Not everyone can win the lottery. You're asking Maxis to do this for free and that means compromising the future quality of this game. Think about it.

Offline mrmango786

• Boot Hill Bandit
  • More later, I need to bake this potatoes.
    • View Profile
    • OfAllTheDays
« Reply #36 on: October 25, 2008, 09:08:49 pm »
Everybody channel your hate to me!
I didn't get spore yet, but I'll be sure to maximize on this deal! :D
Ofallthedays.com - Post your day today!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/mrmango

Offline Admiral Zombie

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 25, 2008, 09:28:54 pm »
Every day i come to this board I feel more and more of an urge to simply visit a little bay not far from here. It has so many things, all of them free. Its like EA is testing the water to determine what will encourage people to pirate their games the most.

(P.S: In regards to those talking about the Starcraft 2 thing, from what I understand it will be a terran campaign in the first one. But there will be like 30-40 missions or something. Basically it will be the length of the first game, but solely concentrating on terran. It will still be full price, and roughly 1 year later or so the next game will come out, concentrating on the zerg campaign i think, and adding 2-3 units for multiplayer, similar to the way brood war was when it was released.)

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
« Reply #38 on: October 25, 2008, 09:31:38 pm »
Everybody channel your hate to me!
I didn't get spore yet, but I'll be sure to maximize on this deal! :D
If you are really smart you will wait 3-5 years and get Spore 2, for the same price you might pay for Spore today, but with much more content and gameplay!!!

Offline justan

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 25, 2008, 10:18:14 pm »
when its released it will be free with spore so ea should just have like a "download cute and creepy pack" free on their site.

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 25, 2008, 10:20:53 pm »
*waffles face* Is it me or has the world spun into a ball of bleh. I seriously am starting to get tired with the woe as me attitude. At some point I guess people got tired of the crap going on around them and are saying thats ENOUGH! I just wish I hadn't been around to see it. The complaining attitude is repulsive at this point to me.

Not to mention the methodology EA is using is the same as 9/10ths of the companies around. Methods we didnt complain about all that much in the past. The key difference between now and then is ...(Fill in blank). Its a factor. Something happened to us. Not to EA. :)

Personally I see no problem with what they are doing. There selling a expansion pack of parts not in the game and offering the expansion pack as free to bring in new customers. Perfectly normal. Not to mention they always could just give a discount to previous owners. EA has done that before. :)
« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:26:30 pm by Techleo »

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #41 on: October 25, 2008, 10:38:28 pm »
Wow i think im the only one of my kind, I bought the game when it came out and i still play it, the fact that we have to pay for the EP and new costumers dont AND paying the same for spore while getting a fraction of the game itself pisses me off, I WAS a fan of Maxis now im not buying this EP and might just stop playing spore until like 3 EP- pack comes out for like 40$. I just dont see how its so hard to just say screw this and just not buy anything or pay attention, thats the least we can do, just dont buy it. Im not a Maxis official guy so i have no say and im too lazy to assemble a group of people and hang a banner saying "murderer" on the home of the owner of Maxis. I understand what they are trying to do here with bringing in new customers, but this old customer is giving up.
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 25, 2008, 10:50:14 pm »
Its not that its free, thats not the problem, its that we still have to pay for it, and its not worth what theyre charging for it, so they give it free with new Spore, which just pisses us off because we allready have spore, some of us dont even care about the extra parts individually but it would be nice to have extra parts to make our creatures with, but were not prepared to pay the price, which makes us angry because it is now free, but only with the game which we have allready payed for, only 2 months after we have bought it. So we miss out..

ya get me?

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2008, 11:26:43 pm »
Huess what every game company is going to repeat this.. because gasp! They always have! :) Stop complaining for god sake! It was good enough then, still is... although Im not sure its worth it. Like one of the above, I mite wait tell a few expansions come out hehe. Well that or get them for free, then pay when there a few..

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2008, 11:31:46 pm »
Its not that its free, thats not the problem, its that we still have to pay for it, and its not worth what theyre charging for it, so they give it free with new Spore, which just pisses us off because we allready have spore, some of us dont even care about the extra parts individually but it would be nice to have extra parts to make our creatures with, but were not prepared to pay the price, which makes us angry because it is now free, but only with the game which we have allready payed for, only 2 months after we have bought it. So we miss out..

ya get me?

okay i was a bit hazy. Pretty much the same here, just dont want to buy it mostly for the part where it only gives abit for the same prize as spore
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?