Author Topic: How do I stop Spore from auto uploading everything I make?(Spoiler: You can't)  (Read 11631 times)

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
I love how every evolutionary step of the creatures are uploaded, seeing a critter that just popped out of the soup, then seeing the evolutions of it as you progress through the creature map is sweet, I make a point of evolving my creatures everytime his brain grows, there should however be an option to store creations on your harddrive only, and not in cyberspace.
There is. It's called Log-Out.
Only problem is that you then don't get any new content from cyberspace either.
It's a give and take relationship. If you want Sporepedia to give you content you have to be willing to give your content to it too. It's only fair.

Offline Zoston

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
I love how every evolutionary step of the creatures are uploaded, seeing a critter that just popped out of the soup, then seeing the evolutions of it as you progress through the creature map is sweet, I make a point of evolving my creatures everytime his brain grows, there should however be an option to store creations on your harddrive only, and not in cyberspace.
There is. It's called Log-Out.
Only problem is that you then don't get any new content from cyberspace either.
It's a give and take relationship. If you want Sporepedia to give you content you have to be willing to give your content to it too. It's only fair.
That's no excuse for having Sporepedia plaster all your recolours across the web under your name though.

Offline happydan20

• Venture Conqueror
  • Discovered the "everything syndrome."
    • View Profile
just as we can select what we publish, it would be nice if we could mark other peoples slightly modified as such.

I like my own color schemes but admire the work of many.
I survived the flood of 2008 and all I got was this crappy homelessness.

Offline spiritofcat

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Ta-da!
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia Profile
just as we can select what we publish, it would be nice if we could mark other peoples slightly modified as such.

I like my own color schemes but admire the work of many.
Just put a note in the description saying something like "Recolour - Original by Hydromancerx".

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
 Im at work so I cant check but how would I keep my content from auto-uploading to the Sporepedia?
I make so many microevolutions, on the order of sometimes dozens per race. Im tired of going into the pedia to delete the extras.
Any advice. Im sure its simple :P

Offline eleazar

• Revenging Yar
    • View Profile
    • my spore creatures
Im at work so I cant check but how would I keep my content from auto-uploading to the Sporepedia?
I make so many microevolutions, on the order of sometimes dozens per race. Im tired of going into the pedia to delete the extras.
Any advice. Im sure its simple :P

Log off the internet while playing.

Offline Crowster

• Defender Devotee
  • It's Crow-Time, Baby!
    • View Profile
    • The Adventures of Crow-Man
Every stage of your creature, yeah there's not a lot you can do about those ones other than logging off when you go to play. Just log on long enough for your sporepedia to download new content, then log back off to play creature game.

As for buildings, vehicles, and spaceships, just don't make them in-game. Go to the create menu on the front page, make all the buildings and vehicles you'll need for your next game, then when you are actually playing just select them from the list. From my experience, they only seem to upload when playing through the game, as anything I've made in the create menu I've had to manually tell to upload. That part seems to work exactly like the ol' CC did.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
I don't know why, but the one time I wanted the evolution thing to show up, to show my Eyecon's evolution, it refused to do it. I think if you press save instead of the check thing, it won't get autosaved.

Needs testing to see if it's true though.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Techleo

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
 Thanks guys! ;D Actually I like sharing my vehicles and stuff. Its just the animals which go through so many evolutions that get bad.
On average my species evolves for 8 billion to in one case 29 billion years to get perfect... mind you in that case by stellar standards the sun should have gone nova. :P

Offline SL

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
I just figured out a few days ago that you can make buildings and such in game without having them auto-uploaded (but not creatures, still) - the thing isn't auto-uploaded when you use the save button in the editor, so simply use that to save, and then press the red x when you're done (make sure you DID save first) instead of hitting the green check mark button. The green check mark button is what's triggering the auto-upload, not the saving.

Obviously this won't select the building for your colony or whatever you're doing, but you can just go into the normal select-from-lists thing to select it after you save it like this, or, use the green check mark button on the final version of the building so that it is auto-uploaded after all.

Offline sporecheater

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
THERE IS A WAY
I found a way of stopping the publishing of your creation, at least with a laptop. My laptops have a wireless switch on them, so when I move from one stage to another or create something new during the game, I flip the switch to off, it does not log me off, then I create what I was making and flip it back on. Hope this helps some of you that have laptops. I guess you could pull out the Ethernet cable from your desktops or manually disconnect from the desktop screen, but that wireless switch is very nice for spore  :D
www.SporeBase.com: Learn how to Hack Spore