Author Topic: Fable  (Read 9774 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
Fable
« on: November 04, 2005, 10:19:41 am »
I recently bought Fable for the PC. If just finished the first "mission". It seems pretty good, nice graphics and all. Does anyone else have the PC version and how do you like it? I never got around to playing the XBox version so I can't compare at the moment.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Fable
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2005, 11:41:16 am »
Ah!

I loved Fable for the PC!

The graphics were top notch! The story was superb! And the gameplay was fun fun fun!

I think everyone should give it a try.

I would go as far as saying that it is worth upgrading your PC to see it in all its glory.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2005, 04:11:09 pm »
I want Lost Chapters to come out for XBOX...
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2005, 04:49:27 pm »
I'd like to give it a shot. It's one of those games where you're like "Hey, that game sounds cool. I'd like to play it [again.] But I'm sitting down. Is it worth getting up (and in this case, going to the store and spending money) just to play it?" After a lengthy reflection, the answer is usually no. Then I have the urge build up inside me for a couple days, then it either goes away or I play the game. In this situation, it is the former.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2005, 08:18:11 pm »
My experiance was on the xbox but still I felt the story lacked a little bit perfectly fine game graphics were great but I did end up feeling like something was missing in the end. Would have been nice if it was a bit deeper. Still there was nothing actully wrong with the game.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2005, 02:44:53 pm »
My experiance was on the xbox but still I felt the story lacked a little bit perfectly fine game graphics were great but I did end up feeling like something was missing in the end. Would have been nice if it was a bit deeper. Still there was nothing actully wrong with the game.

When I beat it I was thinking "OK, what other quests are there now that I killed Jack?" Then I was thinking "Crap".

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2005, 09:10:47 pm »
Yeah you got all these cool powers and become a super strong champ and the closest thing you get to a challange is trying to take on a White Balvorine thingy the game was a little too linier. Most of the options for being good or evil were go on a Murdeous rampage or not go on a murderous rampage.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2005, 09:39:28 pm »
The White Balverine took four hits for my guy...

Oak Crossbow + Silver Augmention + Level 2 Multi-Shot = a very dead white balverine.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2005, 10:44:23 pm »
By the time you at the end of the game they are nothing. it's only the 1st one that really gave me alot of trouble but area pulse attacks take care of things when they get hairy and silver augment makes things easy by the end of the arena they are slaughtered by the truck load.

The only thing I had any real trouble with in the game was rescueing that guy when you have only a limited amount of time to get through all the enmies fighting your way to the dock. Although enough level ups helped kill everything faster.

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2005, 08:25:45 am »
The only thing I had any real trouble with in the game was rescueing that guy when you have only a limited amount of time to get through all the enmies fighting your way to the dock.

Level 4 Enflame... I just ran down to him, ignoring the guys, then waited for them all to come and kept casting it.

Offline Pando

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • panda? yes please
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2005, 11:54:52 am »
Fable on Xbox was pretty cool, i never played it on PC

Offline Ameg

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2005, 03:38:59 pm »
On the Xbox version I just kept doing arena, get to the final boss, hero save, reload. Rinse and repeat and max out every skill. Makes for some very easy gameplay.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2005, 06:10:43 pm »
I just finished the training and I'm ready to do things on my own. I must say the controls are confusing but the fighting doesn't seem too hard... yet. This is my first PC game other than the Sims so it will be interesting to see how I do. Ok, I do have Neverwinter Nights but I haven't gone past the training in that one either. :-\ I'm trying to learn to like PC games.

Offline Kagan

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2005, 06:13:33 pm »
I just finished the training and I'm ready to do things on my own. I must say the controls are confusing but the fighting doesn't seem too hard... yet. This is my first PC game other than the Sims so it will be interesting to see how I do. Ok, I do have Neverwinter Nights but I haven't gone past the training in that one either. :-\ I'm trying to learn to like PC games.

A fond memory of mine from playing Fable was when I realized that the NPCs acted on schedules. The first time I heard one of the guards in the hero complex shout, "Lights out," and subsequently witnessed the NPCs get up from their seats in the kitchen and move up to the living quarters was simply awesome.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 06:49:28 pm by Kagan »

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2005, 06:29:28 pm »
I knew about the hero save thing on the area but I didn't want to cheat that much but once i finished the game i went out to the area where zombies constantly respawn used mana shield and a some mana regeranting upgrades and got my self an insanly high combat multiplier and spent my time swinging my sword like mad got heaps of point to max everything else out.