Author Topic: The Grox (Spoilers)  (Read 87822 times)

Offline WeatherMAN

• Sea Battler
  • ^ He's rocking out ^
    • View Profile
    • My Spore Creations!
Re: The Grox (Spoilers)
« Reply #60 on: September 19, 2008, 08:25:34 am »
I have the same problem, I was told by my people to go and find the Grox and report back... I must of found a hole in their defenses or something b/c by the time I found the Grox I was almost at the center... I only had 7 of the 10 badges or ranks or whatever, but I had a full compliment of allies so I gritted my teeth and actually made it to the center... when I tried to go back to the center they did the cutscene about the Grox who then declared war on me and are subsequently attacking me (before then I had never been directly assaulted, though my allies had the whole 'Grox Probe' thing going on)... but since you cannot go back into the center of the galaxy after your first visit... they won't back off!
Visit: My Spore Creations | My Sporepedia Profile
...Please Comment & Vote Them Up! Their may be cookies involved...
OK... so there aren't any cookies... do it because I have an undying need to get approval from people I've never me

Offline Xenomorph

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 19, 2008, 08:30:36 am »
-.- ok, so i am supposed to start a new game if i want to re-live in peace like i did BEFORE i went to the center... thats just great. :-\
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality
To tap the core of Insanity"

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 19, 2008, 08:31:59 am »
Isn't this part of the main story of the game?  Aren't the Grox the ultimate enemy your civilization faces?
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2008, 08:42:24 am »
Isn't this part of the main story of the game? 

Spore doesn't have a story, It's a sandbox.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 19, 2008, 08:47:10 am »
Isn't this part of the main story of the game? 

hmm. rape in a sandbox. i dont recall Gmod to have a rape-tool....  :-X
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline Telluric

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 19, 2008, 08:52:21 am »

Is it?  Because in my game, the game keeps making suggestions on what I should be doing.  Like, right now, it says "go find the Grox".  I don't care about the Grox at all.  So, if there is no "story" to the game, why does it send me there?  And why does it send everyone else there and everyone's game includes the same evil alien empire?

There certainly is a story to the game.  You aren't pressured to follow along with it very much, but clearly there is a series of things you are encouraged to do.  In Cell, it said unlock some parts.  In Creature, it was migrate to the next nest.  In Tribal, it was deal with nearby tribes.  In Civilization, it was unite the planet... the story is the story of your creature.
"If it's true that our species is alone in the universe, then I'd have to say the universe aimed rather low and settled for very little." - George Carlin

Offline Jaleho

• Stargate Superstar
  • The Infamous El Guapo
    • View Profile
    • Inflatable Studios
« Reply #66 on: September 19, 2008, 09:42:52 am »

Is it?  Because in my game, the game keeps making suggestions on what I should be doing.  Like, right now, it says "go find the Grox".  I don't care about the Grox at all.  So, if there is no "story" to the game, why does it send me there?  And why does it send everyone else there and everyone's game includes the same evil alien empire?

There certainly is a story to the game.  You aren't pressured to follow along with it very much, but clearly there is a series of things you are encouraged to do.  In Cell, it said unlock some parts.  In Creature, it was migrate to the next nest.  In Tribal, it was deal with nearby tribes.  In Civilization, it was unite the planet... the story is the story of your creature.

"Pressured"? No, I suppose not. I mean, the Mormons and Jehovah's Witnesses aren't as pushy as used car salesmen, but when they come by on a daily basis, flashing their messages in the corner of the screen, they sure are aggravating.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 19, 2008, 10:23:53 am »

Who said you can't uncheck the "Track this mission" and stop caring about a suicide mission that dooms your civilisation which you get 30k for? A story-based game takes you to the next part when you finish it, whether you like it or not, in Spore, you can still go around doing whatever you please if you've killed all the tribes or maxed your brain out. You can follow those missions if you want, you arn't pressured, and the galaxy won't cease to continue if you don't bother to go to the center and instead try to do whatever. If it were sending you there, you would be prevented by an invisible wall from going anywhere apart from in the direction of the Grox.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Xenomorph

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 19, 2008, 10:29:58 am »
Sigh. so this means i'm pretty much screwed and i'll have to start all over again. I mean, i can't ally the grox. i can't destroy them, i'll have to start all over again. all my badges, all my monies....everything. :-\

geez this really is ****ed up.
"Apply layers to Reality
Things only you can see
Add a beat to Normality

Offline EntropyGuardian

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 19, 2008, 10:35:17 am »
Before you go into grox territory turn off the autocannon on your ship and disband all your allies. Then you can reach the center and not be at war with the Grox. They will still fire on you the whole time but as long as you don't harm their ships or colonies they won't follow you back to your home systems.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #70 on: September 19, 2008, 10:46:17 am »
Before you go into grox territory turn off the autocannon on your ship and disband all your allies. Then you can reach the center and not be at war with the Grox. They will still fire on you the whole time but as long as you don't harm their ships or colonies they won't follow you back to your home systems.

I wish I'd done that. I may have stood a chance of at least communicating with them that way.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 19, 2008, 11:14:47 am »
They urge you towards these goals without telling you the repercussions.  So you have to learn from your mistakes.  But depending on the person, going back and playing from the beginning again IS a load of fun. 

I'm on my 3rd game through space, and it's the second time I've reached Master level.  I have never gotten all the tools in any of them.  After playing the first space game for about 20 hours, I rushed through to the center just to see the ending, but I did not save.

Offline Elyas

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 19, 2008, 11:15:48 am »
Has anyone allied with the Grox yet?  I've started the process trying to do missions for them, gifts, using the happy ray, and not firing back at them.  I have the Yellow Face and am about 10 points away from the next Face (Green I think?). and quit last night after dying for the 5th time while trying do missions for them.

Its really frustating that they attack you even when you are in the middle of trying to do missions for them to improve the relationship.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 19, 2008, 11:19:34 am »
I haven't but I have read that if you ally with the grox...
(spoiler I guess)everyone else will hate you, and you will have to deal with them.(/spoiler)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 19, 2008, 12:41:53 pm »
Oof, I wish there was a way to turn off the Grox, or at least not have them attack your colonies. I haven't gotten to the center of the galaxy in my current game yet, although I did accidentially get kind of close. I ducked right back through the wormhole though and never left the immediate area of that wormhole while I was close to the center.