Author Topic: ARCHIVE NUMBER 2343 - "KNOWN SOLANUM INFECTION RECORDS"  (Read 3841 times)

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
ARCHIVE NUMBER 2343 - "KNOWN SOLANUM INFECTION RECORDS"
« on: January 08, 2009, 01:56:01 pm »
Hey, I got a good idea for an RP-type thing.

I figure the Real Zombie RP wasn't successful because it encouraged periods of silence and only small bursts of creativity, and since after just finishing The Zombie Survival Guide myself, I figured I could try improve on it.

Basically, this is not an RP. Instead you will be writing "records" of zombie infections as if you were recording the event. The records are one-post-only type things, and length of the record is not overly important. You can be as specific as you like.

In the back of the zombie survival guide, there is space for records that looks like this -

DATE - This can be anywhere past or present, (but not future, this isn't Sci-Fi  :P) Keep the time period in mind though.

TIME - Simply the time of your recording.

LOCATION - Again, this isn't that limited. Try and keep to real locations, or logical fake locations (but nothing huge like cities or countries.)

DISTANCE FROM ME - Self explanatory, but remember; you won't be recording outbreaks 2000 miles away!

SPECIFICS - The information that initially lead you to believe there was an outbreak (assuming the recording takes place before it becomes major.) And other third person information.

ACTION TAKEN - The meat of the record.

And any other categories you should care to include, eg, BLUEPRINTS (Of forts, bases, shelters, etc), PHOTOS, TESTIMONIALS, and miscellaneous other bits of data.

Remember you don't have to be in the first person. You could simply be recording an outbreak that never got major, or interviewing a survivor.

Try and remain realistic.

Oh! One more thing. I don't mind if you record the same case as someone else twice, just check with the original "recorder" if it's okay first.

I also don't mind if you have recurring characters ie zombie hunters, or any other recurring elements. Just try not to overcomplicate it, I want this is to be so easy anyone can just hop in and write one in a spur of creativity.

We'll be using the style of zombies featured in World War Z or The Zombie Survival Guide. The same featured in the original Real Zombie RP. (However, this is Solanum as in the book, not African Rabies. Outbreaks have been recorded as far back as records were kept, but governments tend to keep them covered up.)

And finally, a quick crash course for the unfamiliar!
Part 1
Part 2
Part 3

RECORD #1

DATE - Sometime during 1902

LOCATION - St.-Jean-Plage, A village near Brest, Brittany, Northern France.

SPECIFICS - Little is known about the beginning of this outbreak. All information collected was taken from the fragments of a womans diary, identified only as Mms. Moreau.

...And emerging from the shop, there was a boy. A small boy, maybe five or six, but he had the look of the devil! He was looking directly at me, and I noticed I was all alone in this street. He was limping towards me at a slow but sure pace, and I swear he had a large bite mark on his arm! Needless to say, I didn't stay long. The boy never caught up, but he didn't stop trying either. This "chase" of sorts went on for at least 15 minutes, and that was when...

The town went into a period for several during mid 1902, and later, a group traveling through the area were quoted to have found a ghost town, devoid of all life but for several corpses in the street. A barricaded shop was found containing 5 skeletons more corpses, three of which had had their skulls bashed in with a shovel, and the other 2 had taken large quantities of rat poison. It is believed that they had barricaded themselves in soon after the outbreak became noticeable, but when one of the people died and reanimated, he bit two others, who were promptly murdered by another man. The last two had committed suicide several days late, when the shops food supply ran out.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 02:04:37 pm by Alwayswatching »

No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
Re: ARCHIVE NUMBER 2343 - "KNOWN SOLANUM INFECTION RECORDS"
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 04:57:35 pm »
Didn't someone already make this threa-

OHGAWD THEY'RE AT THE DOOR  :o

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 11:16:11 pm »
Bah, you can tell hpw a thread will do within one day...

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2009, 11:18:23 pm »
Meh.  TL;DR.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 03:30:39 am »
I don't understand why people make posts telling poeple they didn't read the post. :p

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 05:05:37 am »
Yes, thats silly. Anyway, don't get disheartened Always, but I just don't think this idea has much potential. Asking people to write this way doesn't rally let them interact with other players, and a report of a zombie extermination hasn't got much scope for variation.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 05:25:29 am »
I don't mean to be off topic, but I'm still of the mindset that we can make a zombie RP work. Especially considering what we've learned about RPs since the last time we tried, we could definitely make it happen.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 08:35:56 am »
Asking people to write this way doesn't rally let them interact with other players, and a report of a zombie extermination hasn't got much scope for variation.

Yeah, I had realized that. This was more of an expert than anything else.

I have to disagree with the lack of variation thing though, there are very varied ones in the book.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 09:04:39 am »
Also, I saw the Real Life Zombie game as a success. It went on for far longer than I anticipated and seemed to have some good stuff going on.

Offline Glacies

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2009, 02:48:10 am »
Except for some spam about tribes of zombies and the CN tower being blown up.

Also, I never got out of the city alive. I'm sorry, DoctorZ. It wouldn't have worked out anyway.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2009, 03:00:57 am »
Solanum infections, eh?

DATE - 12/1/09

TIME - 11:00am

LOCATION - M'greenhouse.

DISTANCE FROM ME - 38 metres

SPECIFICS - M'tomatoes got a fungus! They've started withering and 'ave little white spots on them.

ACTION TAKEN - Took 'em out and burned 'em. Can't risk it getting into me avocados!

This thread wasn't going anywhere anyway. Might as well take the opportunity to point out that the virus has a silly name
Not a winner anymore.

Offline darthvader52

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
  • What you say?
    • View Profile
    • Have formed a cabal.
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 01:22:41 pm »
funny :D but kinda means <.<
Waging a war against a world thats given war up.

Offline emmet

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2009, 02:29:28 pm »
I didn't make the name up. :P

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 23, 2009, 04:13:02 pm »
DATE - 04/9/1910
TIME - Midnight

LOCATION - New London,WA

DISTANCE FROM ME - 1 inch of crime scene

SPECIFICS - Not Told in Person..Voice Tape in ruins covered in blood

4/4/10
------
OHH GOD!!!!! Something is happening! Theres people with marks all over there body with blood and they are trying to get in!

4/5/10

Its been a day since this junk happened. The Neighbors across the street are all dead!! Its only me and my wife. The Army just arrived but they cant stop this! Ohh god.....My wife has a bite mark on her maybe it was just her well i will find out later

4/6/10

I am alone my wife became those things i had to hit her with a chair.. The Food rations are getting low and ..wait *Knock Knock Knock* holy **** they are here! LET GO OF ME Ahhhhh..............*pulling apart noises*
*Beep Beep Beep* *Voice Tape Deactivatied*
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 07:13:13 am by Summoner »

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2009, 07:07:41 am »
He was riping? Awesome, then he doesn't taste as sour.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"