Author Topic: Oilpha -A Spore Comic-  (Read 18436 times)

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
Oilpha -A Spore Comic-
« on: February 21, 2008, 09:36:56 pm »
Wanting to achieve levels of fame of the Naucean and Sagan 4, I am embarking on making a Spore Comic-like story depicting the history of the Planet Oilpha and its home system Valde Lux Lucis. It'll be like a mix of the telling style of Gordon Frohman and Something all my own. I hope you enjoy it.

CHAPTER II
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=11564.0link=topic=11564.msg491960#msg491960

Well, away we go:

CHAPTER I

THE BIRTH OF OILPHA.

Eons have past since the great galactic wars and unions of the older species. Many eons indeed. Events such as the age of Suspicion and the ascension of the Nauceans from the early galactic peoples have long come and gone, forgotten and lost to history. The galaxy is a very different place now. Suns are dieing, species are disappearing, and the late bloomers of life are finally coming through. Some time during the old Late Golden Age, a sun exploded in a forgotten quatrain of the galaxy. Out of the solar destructive explosion of a super nova, the fate of the VLL system was tied. A star formed in a very dangerous area of space. Some might call it a galactic bowling alley, where chunks of old dieing systems flinged their remains past them.

Like most Planets, Oilpha started as a flaming chunk of rock flying through space. It's molten core made a surface, and created a gassy world like early Earth.

But Oilpha wasn't alone in this new system. 4 other worlds formed during the creation of Oilpha. Closer to the sun, Ferrum Senior formed. A massive gas giant, but made of liquid Iron and other metals in a plasma-like form. It is around the size of Saturn.

Past that, Fervens Aer formed. A massive superheated gas giant about the size of Jupiter.

Then Oilpha, and past that Valde Puteulanus, a Hydrogen gas giant.

And finally, Amplus Glacies, An enourmous 4X Jupiter gas giant made of mainly water, Oxygen, and Hydrogen.

This is The VVL system. And if it was not for a sheer bit of luck, it would remain lifeless as it was.
HOWEVER, luck was in the VLL system. At a steady speed, a chunk of old sphere runner ship from an unknown Naucean war came forth from the outer rim of the system. traveling through the cosmos for unknown billions of years, it was headed straight for Oilipha, carrying a few cell specimens from an unknown world.

And down it came, crashing into Oilipha with various rubble in space.

It activated a small part of a dead Genesis device. One cell survived, and the dead Genesis device made some water start to form. And so thus, on a far away place long after all the problems of the older long gone intergalactic species, life began.

TO BE CONTINUED...
« Last Edit: February 22, 2008, 05:23:59 pm by Robertbobby91 »

Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Neoskel

• Omega Racer
  • Wait, shouldn't there be 2 per larva?
    • View Profile
Re: Oilpha -A Spore Comic-
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2008, 09:44:25 pm »
Sweet idea to use a 'dead' genesis device as a plot device.

So far so good, but what about gas giants? Are you just not mentioning them because they're not really 'planets' but more like condensed gas clouds? Or did you just forget?  :P

If the sol system is any sort of indicator (and it is), gas giants should be further out than rocky planets.

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2008, 09:47:53 pm »

So far so good, but what about gas giants? Are you just not mentioning them because they're not really 'planets' but more like condensed gas clouds? Or did you just forget?  :P

Some are gas giants, I forgot to label them. DOH!.

Anyhow,, expect Chapter 2 in a day or so.

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2008, 10:39:25 pm »
I like this very much. :)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2008, 08:48:45 am »
Definately intresting.

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2008, 10:10:56 am »
Looks promising!

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2008, 11:26:26 am »
Niffty.  I look forward to it.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2008, 05:17:11 pm »
CHAPTER II
THE RISE OF LIFE

The waters of Oilpha have settled, reaching most of the low lands. The electric fields and chemical rich seas of Oilpha have begun creating little spheres of self replicating protein chunks in membranes.

But no, don't be fooled, this is not the first life. Life has been in these seas for some time. These naturally produced membranes are simply food for the cells. The first cells all come from the wreckage of a sphere runner. And that single cell was a simply food-seeking membrane, looking for resources.

Life on Oilpha didn't evolve like life on Earth. No, it was very different. Due to the very light gravity, it wasn't long until the first cells were carried away and adapted to the sky. They stayed at the upper atmosphere, were they evolved there also. Over time, 3 cell types evolved. Animals cells, plant cells, and electric cells.

Animal cells stayed in the sky and sea floor, processing chemicals for food, and using it for energy. Plant cells adapted to the sky and sea surface, taking in light for food. And electric cells were something all of their own. They utilized the high electric activity in the sky to power themselves. They used lightning to hit rod like structures, which then went through vassals of storage fat, breaking it down into edible food.

But life soon made an error which would change things. An animal attempted to split, and failed, producing the first nucleolus of Oilpha.

This produced an odd effect. The cell no longer sought food so much as other cells. It began attaching to other cells around it, which had no nucleus, and copying parts of its own nucleus into them. The result was that the cell had control over the non-nucleus cells around it by putting parts of genetic code into the other cells. This produced the first multi cellular life.

These cells eventually found something new to add, the electric cell. Combining with a few other cells, the first simple complex organisms formed. Some of these "master cells" with nucleus began taking the role of a simple brain. attaching to plant cells and animal cells, they formed the first photosynthetic organisms and food seeking organisms. The way they reproduced was by copying the master cell, and blasting it out which would then seek other lesser cells for its own multicellular creation.

In time, these random combination of master cells with other cells formed several actual species with unique DNA. Their size caused them to fall from the sky and into the sea. They were asexual and reproduced by spiting out a kind of egg: A master cell with a few "slave cells" under their control, growing from their base structure into a full grown organism.

The electric cells became muscle cells. The electric charge was held within the organism, and processed by these muscles. Eventually,  the random movements lined up with master cell commands, and the first movements formed.

And so, Life began to establish itself onto Oilpha
TO BE CONTINUED...
« Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 05:05:00 pm by Robertbobby91 »

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline BioCat

• Star Wars Padawan
  • Spore account name: RubyClaw, search me out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2008, 06:31:22 am »
I Love it! The quality of the paintings, the storyline. Keep this up!

Offline Branko

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2008, 07:31:27 am »
This will be interesant :)

Offline Andrew Ryan

• Simon Belmont
  • A man has a choice, I chose the impossible!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2008, 04:35:40 pm »
*Clap* *Clap*

This is just wonderful.
"Don't worry 'bout me. I wouldn't worry about me. Don't you worry about me. Don't you worry 'bout me!" - Talking Heads, Don't Worry About the Government

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2008, 05:35:19 am »
Magnificent! :)

Offline Tylui

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 29, 2008, 01:37:41 pm »
/r/ing MOAR UPDATES

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 29, 2008, 09:38:23 pm »
/r/ing MOAR UPDATES

They'll come in due time. I'm currently being pumped with meds to fight off the flu and a skin virus. Very Ironic I should catch a skin virus in a place that should be suited to resist it, while being treated for the flu, but don't tell that to the hospital donators .

Anywho, I've had little time but will have more soon to make some more episodes.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2008, 04:02:42 pm by Robertbobby91 »

WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2008, 06:53:52 pm »
this looks like a promising thread.