Author Topic: I just realized something very very cool...  (Read 13423 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Re: I just realized something very very cool...
« Reply #45 on: November 22, 2006, 06:33:20 pm »
if people are scalping them online that means someone out there is buying them online so the Ps3's are still being bought by someone even if they are people so stupid they are paying many times more than it's already retail price.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 23, 2006, 01:10:44 am »
i gues there wil be good games for ps3 later on like next year but this is such a bad start i dont think there gonna win the war this time :P

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline aname

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • The name's Mario, Mario Mario.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 23, 2006, 08:43:10 pm »
hey! now nexgenwars says that nintendo sold 480,000!
Back in black, with a gray dry brush and a red stiple effect.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 23, 2006, 09:32:12 pm »

It appears that Nintendo decided to split their launch shipment into two to coincide with having units available for Black Friday. The number actually released on launch day in the States was ~400,000 with the other 80k going to Canada.

Offline Manna

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 23, 2006, 09:36:40 pm »

It appears that Nintendo decided to split their launch shipment into two to coincide with having units available for Black Friday. The number actually released on launch day in the States was ~400,000 with the other 80k going to Canada.

yeh, but how come nextgenwars said that over 700,000 wiis had been sold yesterday but only 400,000 today?
Dont look at me, I'm irrelevant!

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 23, 2006, 09:37:16 pm »

Yeah, Nintendo did say 1 million will ship at launch. Nice to know that the stock will be replenished with a lot of consoles again, and retailers are (supposed) to get new shipments in weekly.

I do know that many retailers in the Seattle area got large shipments on both Sunday and Monday, the day after launch.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 23, 2006, 09:58:31 pm »

yeh, but how come nextgenwars said that over 700,000 wiis had been sold yesterday but only 400,000 today?

They were basing that on sell-through percentage reports, I imagine, and were taking those together and determining their sales numbers on the supposed launch shipment size of 1 million units. But when most marketing analysts claimed it got a 100% sell-through but only 480,000 were shipped, they corrected the number.

Offline mikl

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2006, 05:32:05 am »

Clearly sony released their army of the undead to kill 300 000 wii owners.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2006, 07:14:20 am »

Which they of course licensed from Capcom.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2006, 10:57:00 am »

Which of course was bought up by Microsoft.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2006, 12:36:39 pm »

Which of course was bought up by Microsoft.

Which of course was started by Bill Gates.

Offline Lazerbyte

• Phoenix Fighter
  • You've been Lazered
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2006, 01:12:40 pm »
I have been hearing that most of the PS3 games are not even next gen and are plauged with problems and seemed rushed.

Yeah the Wii may not have the best graphics but the games are fun!

The online part of the PS3 is not that good from what I hear and if you want to play PS1 games on your PSP you have to have a PS3 to download them to your PSP.  That is just stupid!

May people have had problems with the PS3s with the drive tray not accepting their disks right out of the box.  True there have been problems with the Wii but not like with the PS3.  Nintendo always takes care of it's customers and does a very good job of it.  The Wii is made very well. 

I don't think Sony is going to win this war.  They are losing so many exculsive titles and many publishers like the DS much more than the PSP. 

Thank you, as you have just been Lazered