Author Topic: The Sims 2-3-4 (including expansions)  (Read 80724 times)

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
Re: The Sims 2/3: (Insert Expansion Pack Name Here...)
« Reply #255 on: December 29, 2012, 05:00:52 am »
Steam makes this easy, since the expansion packs are treated as DLC on there, and Steam gives a total for all the available DLC.
Even at the current 50% holiday discount it'll still cost almost 230 to get all the DLC. Even if you leave out the stuff packs, it'll still cost almost 150.
And that's excluding having to buy the base game. It's ridiculous, and it's one of the main reasons I haven't bought a Sims game since I got The Sims 1 and an expansion pack about a decade ago.

I just checked the prices in dollars, and now I'm pissed off. The base game is 22.50 euros, but 15 dollars. The DLC price difference is 20. The euro is worth MORE than the dollar, not the other way around, EA :|

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #256 on: December 29, 2012, 10:16:05 am »
Money, right?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #257 on: December 29, 2012, 11:06:44 am »
And that's excluding having to buy the base game. It's ridiculous, and it's one of the main reasons I haven't bought a Sims game since I got The Sims 1 and an expansion pack about a decade ago.

Yeah back in the day with the Sims 1 I bought up to Vacation (base + 4 expansions). It was a good game and I even enjoyed the custom content people made back then. But Sims 2 was a BIG upgrade which is why I bought it when it came out and kept buying the expansions. The Sims 3 did not seem like much of an upgrade and I actually like the look of the Sims of 2 better than 3. They have sort of an "uncanny valley" look to me (similar to Polar Express).

However in the Sims 3 I do like their personality trait system and the fact they don't need to pee all the time. However in my survival game, things like peeing are actually useful and make sense to the story. In fact I don't think I have played the sims in the way it was intended to be for years now.

Note I did buy Sims Medieval, and its a good game, but thanks to many modders they have extracted most of the content from that game into the Sims 2, so I really have not felt the need to play it. But they do have some fun quests in that game.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 31, 2012, 02:05:32 am »
I've played a bit of Sims 3 yesterday evening. Nothing interesting, just designing a simple house. But it was just so damn relaxing. It was great.
I don't know if it's because of the fact that there were no virtual people around to whine they needed to pee, or if it was just the music (which I think is great), but I don't remember having as much fun in The Sims in a long time.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #259 on: May 06, 2013, 01:51:27 pm »
So The Sims 4 was announced today. I still play the Sims 2 for goodness sakes.  :o

http://www.ea.com/news/maxis-unveils-the-sims-4

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #260 on: May 06, 2013, 02:10:29 pm »
Oh look, another Sims game. I get to buy the same six expansion packs again!? SWEET!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: May 06, 2013, 04:28:43 pm »
They'll have to have quite a few changes to convince me to buy it, and I've been playing Sims since forever, and have even tried again and again to love the Sims 3 with little success. :-\

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: May 06, 2013, 04:56:26 pm »
Shamelessly, if it's the Sims 3 with more depth and better graphics, I'll probably buy it.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: May 06, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »
I was just unable to really get into the Sims 3 seriously. Just didn't have the charm of the Sims 2 for some reason.

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: May 07, 2013, 01:34:57 am »
http://www.ea.com/news/the-sims-4-in-development-for-pc-and-mac

...giving players a deeper connection with the most expressive, surprising and charming Sims ever in this single-player offline experience.

He.  :)
@davidramnero

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: May 07, 2013, 05:33:07 am »
I got around to buying Sims 3 when it was dirt cheap on Steam and was incredibly disappointed by how bad it ran. It was buggy as hell and hung constantly. While I eet that EA isn't known for 'getting it right the first time' I bought in to it so late I would have figured there was a bit more patch and polish on it than that.

Sims 2 was OK. I could not care less about anything EA makes anymore though, too many screw ups for me.

-Lego

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #266 on: May 07, 2013, 05:44:27 am »
If Sims 4 was multiplayer, that would encourage me to get it. Sims 2 was my fav and the easiest to make sim stories from, I never could figure out how to do a sim game with 3. I guess I'll see what comes out and what it offers and go from there.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #267 on: May 07, 2013, 10:02:32 am »
The Sims 3 STILL crashes when running CrossfireX. It's ridiculous. EA and Maxis have known about the flaw in their game for YEARS. YEARS!! But they still haven't as much as written a warning on their storefront to let people know this. Yet another reason to never support the crooks at EA. I'm sorry if some of us have friends that work for that awful, awful company. But that's the rub.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: July 16, 2013, 01:24:38 pm »
So i recently acquired the full set of the sims 3 and co. yo ho ho. I bought the first one...

When I'm in buy mode, the first items it lists are the ones I haven't paid for in the store, and by default it directs me to the purchasable 'theme packs' for each category of room every time I change rooms.

Is this serious? Are they serious? The tactic is paper thin and annoying. Wasn't in the original Sims 3, is there a way to remove the ****ing advertisements for **** in game while ****ing playing the game?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: July 16, 2013, 01:41:22 pm »
Pretty sure you turn off store mode in the options menu or something similar along those lines.