Author Topic: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES  (Read 22867 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2011, 08:49:19 pm »
I might be interested.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 14, 2011, 10:05:54 pm »
It's cool-- I had thought a lot of you guys had gone away for good. It's good to see that there's still some interest!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 15, 2011, 12:55:02 pm »
EDIT: Also, if anyone wants their creatures to get a ride over there on Talsenreave, I have a baskstory in mind to introduce any of our old species into the new galaxy later on.

YEEEEEEEESSSSSSS.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 15, 2011, 04:18:17 pm »
I was just thinking about the old Spore RPs and was thinking about getting back into them, even though they were mostly dead. I'd have some interest in this.

Offline a14gt

• Lode Runner
  • Raised from the dead!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 15, 2011, 10:25:32 pm »
I might be looking forward to this. I don't know if I want to go all in and revive my creatures (though it is tempting) but you can count on me for an artist. I'd be more then happy to help illustrate anyone's ideas.
Bow down fool. HAHAHA!

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2011, 10:35:40 pm »
Excellent!
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 18, 2011, 06:57:12 pm »
If this idea is to go anywhere, there must be discussion, perhaps of what site, what to do exactly, etc.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 18, 2011, 08:51:15 pm »
If this idea is to go anywhere, there must be discussion, perhaps of what site, what to do exactly, etc.

Very true. I'm just going to throw out my ideas on this and you can have at them.

First and foremost. I don't think there should be any rules, whatsoever, except for one which is:

No contact with the older/other galaxies.

What I mean by this is that there is no official contact with the older/other galaxies in reference to alliances or races that have established themselves. What this does NOT mean is that people must refrain from using old races. I think that if people wish to use old races, then they should be free and able to do so. I just think that they should have no knowledge/memory/recollection of anything that happened in other universes or galaxies that pertains to that race.

Also, I think that anything we do should be done on this forum in these sections with just a proper heading or tag added in to separate it from the other content on this board.

The reasons for these thoughts are as follows:

One of the problems with moving stuff to other forums is just simply traffic. People don't go there, they don't post, and the thing dies off pretty quickly. Leave everything on this board, which everyone frequents and which has a rich history that can serve as inspiration. Maybe after we get the ball rolling, we can move to a new board if there is general agreement, and there is actually something to move. I know that starting off on a new forum would be much easier than moving everything, but I think that's part of the problem with some of the other startups, and it just doesn't help. I don't really see a need for it either.

The other times we have tried to restart these things, it always seems to happen in a clean-slate, start-from-the-beginning manner which ended up killing it. As other people have already mentioned, there were too many First Contact RPs, which were always boring and never led up to much. Nix the rules and start somewhere in the middle, is what I say.

In fact, that actually works into another thing I was thinking about. If we start this off, it should be somewhere in the 'middle' of history, rather than at the very beginning. Some races should already know each other, while others can be completely off on their own and just coming on to the galactic stage. People can make agreements with each other, concerning their races and how well they may know each other, and that would be entirely up to them. But to start this thing off with a bang, I think we should have some sort of RP planned out in which each and every person can jump in. Now, as part of the fun of this, I think that it would actually be better if not everyone knew the outcome of the RP, basically, I suggest that we not plan out every part of the RP. Part of the fun is not knowing what is going to happen next.

I suggest that someone, or maybe a small group of people, get together and work out a nice plot and get a story rolling. Then people can come and go as they please.

Thoughts?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 18, 2011, 08:55:34 pm »
The only thing with that is that, if I remember correctly, the current races that carried over were "retreating" from superior Nameless forces aboard Talsenreave (kinda creating a double canon or cannon/non-cannon break), but I'm not sure.

Other than that, I agree completely and provide full support.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 18, 2011, 09:02:27 pm »
I do remember reading about that, but I think that people were looking more for a fresher start. I could be wrong though.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 18, 2011, 09:45:58 pm »
I don't think this whole Nameless/Talsenreave/Terran Ixians thing should exist at all if we do this. There's no reason to have a backstory as to why they're in the universe, let's just say they simply evolved there as well. Technology also needs to be toned down from the levels it's gone to. If we start in the middle, everything else should start in the middle, meaning no godly creatures or instantaneous travel or super super weapons or million-ship armadas.

Agreed that most should already know each other, and there should at least be some basic central meeting area for the different empires to talk, not necessarily a Senate (I doubt the galaxy would be organized into a single governing body, no matter how useless) especially if they lack instantaneous travel.

As for some central story thing for everyone, I'll have to think about it.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2011, 09:49:08 pm »
A rule that I would like to propose is:

Scientific accuracy is a bonus, not a requirement; in simpler terms, no nitpicking

This is for fun, don't ruin it by hassling over details that only you (the nitpicker) would even notice or care about. Mention it once if you must, worded nicely, and then drop it, don't carry on just because someone on the Internet is wrong.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 18, 2011, 10:03:10 pm »
I considered the idea of a Senate or something similar as well, but then I thought, "Why bother?" Really, if two races want to talk, they can just send diplomats to each other, and vice versa. Really, the idea I was thinking of was something along the lines of old Europe, where alliances could be created and broken, and every race is vying for some sort of power.

As for the storyline, it wouldn't be a requirement that everyone participate, just something to get the ball rolling. Relationships could be established between the races in order to respond to the storyline, and then things kick off from there.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 18, 2011, 10:07:59 pm »
I think some kind of subtle plot as a RP would be best, something involving the various animosities of the empires, maybe a few explosions that look like sabotage from one race of another. Something more subtle as opposed to all out war.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 18, 2011, 10:12:31 pm »
To be honest, I wasn't thinking all out war at all. Something more subtle, as you were saying, but something that allows for the possibility of war if people want to pursue that course.