Author Topic: Interested In Spore  (Read 10301 times)

Offline Afinati

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • The power of the universe... in my hands!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Interested In Spore
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2006, 09:12:56 am »
Well, I think that anyone fearing showing other people the hour long presentation should go to Google Video and search "Spore". They will get a thirty minute game video that, to me, seems to interest people more.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2006, 09:54:21 am »
I tryed to get some of my programmer friends interested and it worked, easily.
My brother had to watch the video twice before he understood exactly what it was saying, but he is interested now.
I tryed to get some xboxers I know interested...Failed miserably.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2006, 10:55:10 am »
I've been getting people interested. I'm actually becoming quite the salesman.  :P
I got most of my shift back in the Army interested it, but then, we had lots of time on our hands, so getting them to watch the video was easy, I haven't started in on my co-workers here at DirecTV just yet.
Got my old college friends frothing at the mouth over this game. All in all, I don't think this game will hurt for sales when it comes out.

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2006, 11:23:15 am »
Word of mouth and that google video are this games best friends. Really there isn't a whole lot you can disagree with in that video and because its so freaking inovative people are fascinated by it.

Offline LONE GUNNER3

• Intellivision Junkie
  • I WILL RULE ALL.as soon as I get Spore that is .
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2006, 11:33:25 am »
I tryed to get some xboxers I know interested...Failed miserably.

Well tell them it might\should be coming on Xbox.They sound like XB fan boys to me :D.No matter how good the game,if its a fan boy.......well good luck to you,they wont give a crap no matter how good it is ::).

ontopic:Wow sounds like everyone is getting at least one person into this game,and better yet gets at least one person to crap them self when they see the clip :D.Now,think of this secondairy objective,tell them people to go tell OTHER people ;).But anyway it sounds great that its going well,and it would be even better if we get a even better gameplay clip from this years GDC ;D.

EDIT:oh yes almost forgot.When Spore comes out NOTHING will stop our army's from RULING,nothing will stop the senseless destruction that will come too all MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2006, 11:36:44 am by LONE GUNNER3 »
MAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA one day l shall RULE the galaxy.And that day will be when Spore comes out :p

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y118/rpg_man/Untitled-1.png

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2006, 11:34:26 am »
I have 5 different Maxis freaks, but now they are all going to college or have boyfriends so no one listens to me. I've sent them all multiple links to this forum and the GDC video, but so far none of them have checked it out. Once they do though, it will all be over and they will sucked in, I'm sure.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2006, 12:35:09 pm »
good i have three ppl and it seems like ppl are recruiting to about 3-5 ppl we will assemble them in Fall 06 and rain fire to those who dont kno about Spore
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline Afinati

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2006, 05:38:29 am »
When you download the google video player and play the video yourself, say on your personal laptop or something, the video properties describe it as possibly the best videogame ever made.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2006, 07:02:07 am »
i've told my brother on random occasions but i think that he has forgotten about it...i will try again..
i ahven't told me friends yet, but i am not sure how they will react to the game.
Under construction

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2006, 08:01:15 am »
My younger brother doesn't really why I am interested in Spore.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Afinati

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2006, 09:13:01 am »
I had a long discussion with my biology class (a small class that is easily distracted), and we talked for almost an hour about why a being like a one-footed hopper thingymaflibber (seen in the GDC Video) would survive in the wild and what advantages it might have. Needless to say, my biology teacher is quite interested in Spore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2006, 09:33:26 am »
I had a long discussion with my biology class (a small class that is easily distracted), and we talked for almost an hour about why a being like a one-footed hopper thingymaflibber (seen in the GDC Video) would survive in the wild and what advantages it might have. Needless to say, my biology teacher is quite interested in Spore.
It sounds exactly like my biology class, we always go off on totally random tangents for ages. None of them know about spore though.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Afinati

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 14, 2006, 10:20:41 am »
 ;D