Author Topic: Any H.P.Lovecraft fans out there?  (Read 23437 times)

Offline Tantalus

• Bezerk Brawler
    • View Profile
Re: Any H.P.Lovecraft fans out there?
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2006, 04:04:29 pm »
Those pics settle it, a world populated only by Lovecraft's creations must be made. Now hopefully we can change the cloud cover and other visuals when we create a world.

Offline deathc4

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2006, 05:23:37 pm »
Those pics settle it, a world populated only by Lovecraft's creations must be made. Now hopefully we can change the cloud cover and other visuals when we create a world.

Why do you think im so excited about Spore ;)

I forst heard of it when I wastched the GDC 2005 thing. The whole time Will was playing with the microbe I was thinking "Well, add a few more arms and some memberious wings and I could make a Mi-Go! And then on another planet Yithians! OH GOOD GOD I COULD TURN THE UNIVERVE INTO A LIVING NIGHTMARE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA"

Although I fear that Yithians might not be possible, since they have no legs, maybe they can use their arms to lift/move themselves, who knows.

Offline B.A.S.

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • WAR GSP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2006, 06:19:30 pm »
heh the only problem is these guys could possibly get smoked by the other more advanced Races...of course this is just from what I have seen of them so I dont know there numbers or what kinda weapons/Magic they have and knowing Spore there probably wont be Magic :D
Your Friendly Canadian Fighter :)
"It is defeat that turns bone to flint, gristle to muscle- it is defeat that makes men invincible"- Henry Ward Beecher
Inkling:Durgon only comes by when he is taking a break from beating up people and animals

Offline SporeLeafClover

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2006, 06:29:52 pm »
Definately a fan!  Although, I don't think HPL himself ever really did or had any pictures done of his critters - mostly seemed to rely on the readers imagination taking off from the vaguely disturbing half-descriptions.

Any fans out there bought the movie yet?  (http://www.cthulhulives.org/cocmovie/index.html)  Totally fan made, done in black & white, silent film style.  The trailer looks quite good.

(EDIT:  Amazon.com reviews - http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BQTC98/103-1241066-4127036?v=glance&n=130)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006, 06:33:58 pm by SporeLeafClover »

werechicken

« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2006, 08:07:18 pm »

Why do you think im so excited about Spore ;)

I forst heard of it when I wastched the GDC 2005 thing. The whole time Will was playing with the microbe I was thinking "Well, add a few more arms and some memberious wings and I could make a Mi-Go! And then on another planet Yithians! OH GOOD GOD I COULD TURN THE UNIVERVE INTO A LIVING NIGHTMARE! MWA HA HA HA HA HA"

Although I fear that Yithians might not be possible, since they have no legs, maybe they can use their arms to lift/move themselves, who knows.

easy just make the legs and feet very small, although this might impare movement, unless you have the whol cone as a foot/leg, although it would then have to hop, spoiling the scary effect

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2006, 08:18:56 pm »
Looking at lovecrafts creation i am thinking: Man that guy must have smoked alot of opium. Like many writers back then.
But hey those creatures are crazy, revolting, and scary. I just love em.
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Evil Overlord

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Fools,i'll destroy them ALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2006, 08:33:20 pm »
heh the only problem is these guys could possibly get smoked by the other more advanced Races...of course this is just from what I have seen of them so I dont know there numbers or what kinda weapons/Magic they have and knowing Spore there probably wont be Magic :D

The only threat that faces them are the mighty BURNINATORS!!!!11!!1!!1!1!:
I'll eat your soul

Offline vecha

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2006, 09:10:01 pm »
http://www.noveltynet.org/content/books/lovecraft/index.php

joined to see if you guys would like this....

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2006, 10:44:57 pm »
i love those pictures of the lovecraft aliens..but i have never read any of the books by him
Under construction

werechicken

« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2006, 10:43:16 am »
i love those pictures of the lovecraft aliens..but i have never read any of the books by him

quite a large number of them are moving into the public domain, so if you've got some free time, you should be able to find some of them on the Internet, also they aren't that long so you can easily read them in a couple of hours.

Offline deathc4

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2006, 08:40:59 pm »
Found a good pic of a Ghast:

Thinking back, in most of Will's games I have made mythos orientated. Hell, I filled the Sims 2 with lots of Cthulhu Mythos stuff. Cant wait to continue that trend is Spore.

werechicken

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2006, 09:15:41 pm »
Hey that looks really cool, I can probably see someone making it as an attempt at a kangeroo or something

Offline HolsteinCow

• Vanguard Venturer
  • NOT A TROLL
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 25, 2006, 09:17:48 pm »
HP Lovecraft was a really bad author. The fact that he was an Anglophile only made it worse.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2006, 03:47:08 am »
Of course there will be magic in the game. It'll look just look scientific weaponry, or buildings created by natural means, but really the -origin- of these things are magic (up in our minds :3). I already plan to have my avatar species a magic-oriented spacefaring race. Design everything with magic in mind, and whilst you achieve the same effect, the little story that unfolds in your head will be different.

Game says :
Weapon -> Projectile

Player says :
SCIENCE! / MAGIC!

Offline Tark

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Woof
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2006, 07:26:59 am »
CTHULHU FTHAGN!!! 

IA-R'LYEHL CIHUIHA FLGAGNL ID IA!!!!