Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 11928 times)

Offline Feigro

• Star Castle Cadet
  • Yea. Really.
    • View Profile
Re: Superman Returns
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2006, 06:47:57 am »
Kevin Spacey's "WROOOOOOOOOONG!!" in the trailer killed me. I'm SO gonna go see this movie.

Actually, I was completely skeptical of this entire movie.. until I saw that trailer. Or more specifically, just that part.  :)

Definately gonna see it now.

"We're calling it Spore..."

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 02:18:50 pm »
I'm still going to be sort of skeptical about it till I hear a good explanation for why Superman left. That's going to be interesting.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 02:41:10 pm »
I'm still going to be sort of skeptical about it till I hear a good explanation for why Superman left. That's going to be interesting.
His home planet was kerploding... or maybe he needed a break... or maybe Lex Luthor invented a type of kryptonite which has a short half life and covered the earth in it so Superman had to leave for a year or more.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 03:24:38 pm »
Maybe he needed a break from pretending to be a geek when he could be making sweet sweet love to any women on the planet. He needed to fly around the universe to let off some steam.
Thats the most plausible explanation so far.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2006, 10:01:02 pm »
He surveyed Krypton for any survivors or information.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2006, 07:13:32 am »
Kevin Spacey overacts... I never thought I'd see the day come... :'(
Anyway, I can't see the appeal of Superman. He flies. He's immortal. It's not very dramatic now is it? He can do everything and he does it. Bleh...Spiderman can't take a bullet to the head and live, nor can most of the X-men or Batman. There's no challenge in being Superman. Like in the trailer he is hit by an aircraft wing(I think it was?). I mean, what could possibly happen? Unless it's a cryptonite aircraft wing, he'll be just fine.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2006, 08:24:12 am »
Yeah, you know anythign they throw at superman is just going to bounce off. They could probably drop a mountain on him and hed be fine.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2006, 04:36:01 am »
His home planet was kerploding... or maybe he needed a break... or maybe Lex Luthor invented a type of kryptonite which has a short half life and covered the earth in it so Superman had to leave for a year or more.

I heard it went down to Tijuana to party and only recently sobered up enough to stagger back to metropolis.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2006, 05:53:12 am »
Yeah, you know anythign they throw at superman is just going to bounce off. They could probably drop a mountain on him and hed be fine.

Considering the international trailer shows him take a bullet to his eye, yes, I'd imagine a mountain would be pretty easy by comparison. That said, Hyperion [the Marvel Comics rip-off of Superman] took a nuclear weapon exploding within feet of him and it only made him angry.

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2006, 04:07:01 pm »
akira > all
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2006, 05:36:04 am »
akira > all

Not if you keep him entertained with toy trucks and building blocks. Then you could hypothetically never have him activate his power; he only does it when he's scared or angry.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 07:46:32 am »

Considering the international trailer shows him take a bullet to his eye, yes, I'd imagine a mountain would be pretty easy by comparison. That said, Hyperion [the Marvel Comics rip-off of Superman] took a nuclear weapon exploding within feet of him and it only made him angry.
...funny you should say that. hmmm.
Anyway, just saw the movie yesterday, and WOW. It was really good. I didn't even notice the time passing, and its kind of a long movie. Thats how good it was. I'd happily go and see it again. And sometimes, espeacially as superman, it was scary how much he looked and sounded like christopher reeves.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2006, 10:59:15 pm »
Truth, Justace, and.... all that stuff

::)

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #28 on: June 30, 2006, 11:44:01 pm »
Personally, Superman is my least favorite superhero ever. I'll tell you why.

He thinks we're weak.

Almost every other superhero there's ever been started as a regular old human, and they were given super powers later in life somehow. Their secret identity is their super powers.

But Superman was BORN with "super powers." He has always been Superman, even if he didn't know it for awhile. His secret identity is Clark Kent. He hides among us, thinking the best way to hide is to act weak, skittish, shy, and clumsy - because thats how he sees us compared to him. It's degrading.

Personally I take Superman as an insult to our species, calling us weak and that we cannot help ourselves.

c14dude

« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2006, 04:11:29 am »
Goku > any superhero