Author Topic: Superman Returns  (Read 11914 times)

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Superman Returns
« on: April 19, 2006, 12:07:53 pm »
I just have to see this movie.  It's by the same director as Xmen, it has Kevin Spacey as Lex, and it's gonna be in IMAX 3D.

The plot looks okay too.

I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
Re: Superman Returns
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 12:14:54 pm »
I just have to see this movie. It's by the same director as Xmen, it has Kevin Spacey as Lex, and it's gonna be in IMAX 3D.

The plot looks okay too.
More like, it 'sounds' okay. I like that it's at least being original with the character rather than retelling the origin story ... again, as if everyone over the age of 3 across the globe doesn't already know the gist of the Superman origin story. That said, I'm nervous as hell about it. I like the people involved on the whole, but I've hated many, many things by people I otherwise respected. So yeah, I'm scared of this movie. One thing about it that's odd for me: It better either rule absolutely or suck completely. I don't want something halfway with this one. It's got too much expectation going into it for it to be okay, so it needs to be stellar or at the very least so bad we can put it out of our minds and pretend there never was another Superman flick.

Online Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 01:40:11 pm »
How did they find someone who looks just like Christopher Reeve to play Supes though? Its uncanny.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 01:53:56 pm »
How did they find someone who looks just like Christopher Reeve to play Supes though? Its uncanny.
I've seen quite a few pictures of him. He looks almost identical to Chris as Clark Kent but he looks considerably different as Supes, although that could be due partly to the slight alterations in the Superman outfit. But still, I don't know why -- but yeah, in the glasses, Brandon is scary he looks so much like Chris.

Offline xnodas

• Frogger Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 08:09:44 pm »
They can finally do Superman right, and actually make it look like he is flying.
"Tell me what you cherish most...give me the pleasure of taking it away." Final Fatasy VII: Advent Children

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2006, 10:52:59 pm »
So despite the fact that supermans disguise is he wears glasses in Clark Kent mode they managed to make the guy look very different as both Supes and CK.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 05:22:04 am »
I've only watched one superman movie, when the franchise started to go Batman. Third or fourth movie... a bad guy tries to shoot Superman down with missiles, in his 1980's computer game! It's so silly. Maybe they'll succeed here though(even though Brando is dead)

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 06:48:00 am »
I've only watched one superman movie, when the franchise started to go Batman. Third or fourth movie... a bad guy tries to shoot Superman down with missiles, in his 1980's computer game! It's so silly. Maybe they'll succeed here though(even though Brando is dead)
No one is ever dead in Hollywood, my friend. Brando's in this movie too.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2006, 10:59:08 am »
Did I tell you that this is a movie adaptation of Superman 64?  Superman has to wade through Kryptonite fog and stop car bombers that blow up the car as soon as he knows about them.

Additionally, he has a wierd disease where everytime he tries to fly, he does a wierd 540 turn.

Offline Fumanchu

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2006, 03:06:15 pm »
Wow, hugg, you picked the worst Superman to watch for only watching one of them (no offense meant at all). Well, I guess you could've picked IV--the Quest for Blondness. But the one with Pryor was demonstrably terrible. I actively hated that one. Gotta watch the first one, that there's priceless. Just thinking of that scene in III where the bad guy's trying to shoot him down with Apple graphics cracks me up! What an immersion-experience it must have been for that guy!

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2006, 04:26:05 am »
Wow, hugg, you picked the worst Superman to watch for only watching one of them (no offense meant at all). Well, I guess you could've picked IV--the Quest for Blondness. But the one with Pryor was demonstrably terrible. I actively hated that one. Gotta watch the first one, that there's priceless. Just thinking of that scene in III where the bad guy's trying to shoot him down with Apple graphics cracks me up! What an immersion-experience it must have been for that guy!

Add the fact that I watched it with German dubbing in Austria, and we've got a winner.

Offline Hiro Protagonist

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 09:10:55 pm »
I'm looking forward to this one, but maybe that's because I don't see a whole lot worth seeing this summer. Spacey as Lex Luthor seems liike a great choice.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2006, 10:17:25 pm »
*sniff*no brainiac.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2006, 11:14:42 pm »
I just have to see this movie. It's by the same director as Xmen, it has Kevin Spacey as Lex, and it's gonna be in IMAX 3D.

The plot looks okay too.

Acording to the latest issue of popular science only 20 minutes are going to be in 3d.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2006, 12:55:58 am »
Kevin Spacey's "WROOOOOOOOOONG!!" in the trailer killed me. I'm SO gonna go see this movie.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer