Author Topic: Grandma's Boy  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Grandma's Boy
« on: January 06, 2006, 12:26:26 am »
Been busy lately and wanted to check in.  Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year's.

Anyway, went to an advance screening of Grandma's Boy tonite, courtesy of Jinx.com.  Pretty good movie, along the same lines as Half-Baked really.  Lot's of drugs, some nudity but, seriously funny.  You'll be quoting this movie to your friends for months.   Overall, I'd recommend it.  More tomorrow, sleep now.  (Those guys from Jinx throw a great afterparty)

Offline Varsity

• Phoenix Fighter
    • View Profile
Re: Grandma's Boy
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2006, 11:19:31 pm »
Lucky bastard.

The whole movie doesn't interest me that much, its just that Nick Swardson is going to play a big (I think) part of it.

I'm so glad he's getting into movies, once I saw his Comedy Central Presents, He's become my all-time favorite.
You see him every once and a while in comedy shows (Malibu's most wanted, Reno 911), I'm just glad he's getting in there.
With all of the older great comedians/actors getting older, making less movies, etc. (Robin Williams, Jim Carey, etc.) I'm glad he's coming in to fill the spot, to do just as good or better.
XYZZY!

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2006, 10:01:57 pm »
I LOVED THIS MOVIE! WHEEEE

"Don't judge me monkey."

"Bzzt, please sit on my face."

Hehe.  :D

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2006, 11:53:05 pm »
I was planning to see this when it was out in theaters but for some reason it disappeared really quick here and I never got the chance Or it was never released to the main theaters in the area. Either way I still want to see it, did it even come out on dvd yet?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2006, 11:56:32 pm »
Its been out on DVD for weeks  :P

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2006, 02:20:51 am »
Never saw any commercials advertising it. Figured it had to be by now though.
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Kenaz

• Phoenix Fighter
  • Now with 20% more blue!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2006, 11:46:46 am »
I thought it was alright, but there were some funny parts.

"Dude, your bed is a car."
"Yeah, but it's a ****ing sweet car."
"I thought Pink Floyd was a brand of grills." - 762
One of the many intellectual discussions in Gabbly Chat.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2006, 01:36:33 pm »
"Dude... screwing three chicks is insane... but your Grandma? That's legendary."

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2006, 01:41:34 pm »
Linda Cardellini is in it, that's all I need to know.

TheNecromonicon

« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2006, 01:45:48 pm »
"Whoooo... man those were some sweet moves, I don't think I can beat that. Here, let me try."
*Kicks previous guy's ass at DDR*
"Oh MAN that was fun! Whit, hey, what this 'new high score' thing? Is that good?"

Offline Wahh

• Defender Devotee
  • Dubbed Sigmund Wahh as well as El Cerebro Sucio
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2006, 09:18:20 am »
Been busy lately and wanted to check in. Hope everyone had a good Christmas and New Year's.

Anyway, went to an advance screening of Grandma's Boy tonite, courtesy of Jinx.com. Pretty good movie, along the same lines as Half-Baked really. Lot's of drugs, some nudity but, seriously funny. You'll be quoting this movie to your friends for months. Overall, I'd recommend it. More tomorrow, sleep now. (Those guys from Jinx throw a great afterparty)

And just like Half-Baked, there really wasn't much of a plot.  (Although Half-Baked still was hilarious!)

This guy's songs are freaking awesome! Just look at that earbean picture as my avatar!
www.songstowearpantsto.com