Author Topic: GC's General Creations (sporepedia comments/ratings MUCH appreciated)  (Read 11475 times)

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Sporepedia Profile
-check it out!

Help me out!
Go to my 'Legendary beasts' collection and help me out by giving me honest thoughts and feelings. I can take it!

Roit.
Days after everyone else 'cause of exams but meh;
I've made about 15 so far (XD) but most of them are 'filler' creatures (i.e. prey and predators to fill worlds with)
I'l post some more random creatures up here later, for now, enjoy these;

Corvala

Update
I've made a new Corvala; much better stats and truer to the originals.

Old version:
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/generalleycool/CRE_Corvala1-0685e33e_sml.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/generalleycool/CRE_Corvala1-0685e33b_sml.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/generalleycool/CRE_Corvala1-0685e339_sml.jpg
http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h5/generalleycool/CRE_Corvala1-0685e338_sml.jpg

New version (video only so far)
<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7nn6udCsw" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Ey7nn6udCsw</a>

Killer Rabbit

Ferociously strong and cuddle-worthishly small, based off the monty python film, Holy Grail.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 06:17:16 pm by GCool »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: GCool's creations (avoiding a 'cool' joke there)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 12:10:47 pm »
Does it launch itself along a wire?  :P  The Corvala is very nice.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 12:46:48 pm »
You know it.

OK, some more, by location on a planet:

Forest/Jungle/TallGrass
Evercreen

-Obviously disguised well for a tree-heavy environment, the Evercreen is very slow moving, but ready to attack any meal that comes by. By staying in groups called 'forests' they give themselves the best chance of eating.

Grassback

-Designed to hunt in long grass, the grassback makes short work of it's prey with devestating claws and teeth, as well as the ability to blast sap out of their tails.

Grassland
Formations

Formations are very heavily armoured insects. Their feet have merged into sucks to help them withstand attacks, and coupled with their weight they have become quite slow. However, getting too close to one is cirtain not to end well for you.

Hankeround

Originally cave-ceiling dwellers, they evolved to live upsidedown. They had to move out into open grassland, but the change was to quick for their bodies to adapt to life the right-way-up, so have instead taken to 'hanging' off their back legs.

Hevox

Hevox live in heards along the grasslands, often staying near their close relatives - Litox and Erox.
They are the strongest of the three creatures, but also the easiest targets.

water-side
Pincers (to be renamed)

Another breed of insect, closely resembling crabs. They may not be as strong or well armoured as their grassland cousins, but they are very fast, and a smaller target.

Sandtoad

Large water-dwelling creatures that will spend a fair ammount of time on dry land. They are slow, dim-witted and weak, but reproduce fast enough that this isn't a problem for them.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 08:54:47 pm »
Nice Corvala! :D

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2008, 05:30:09 pm »
Thanks =D
Now I'm back from dartmouth I'l have a go at re-doing it to make the stats right...

Any love for the other creations here?

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2008, 06:02:55 pm »
Grasslands is awesome. A lot of these are really great.
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2008, 06:14:18 pm »
I like the last two. and the tree thing  :)

EDIT: I might actually want to use your sand toad on Raptoridan...I'll need good prey animals :)
« Last Edit: June 27, 2008, 07:28:32 pm by Logan Felipe »
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline penguinofhonor

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2008, 08:29:18 pm »
Wow, these are all pretty awesome.

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2008, 12:26:24 pm »
All very nice designs... I like your Sandtoad the best. =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2008, 03:52:08 pm »
^^ Most of these are uploaded on the sporepedia (lnked at the top)

I'm not a massive fan of the sandtoad myself, but meh. I want to make some good prey creatures anyway, to fill up worlds. My guess is 99% of people will be making maxed-out creatures, making the game a lot tougher than it should be...

Anyway, some a new design;

Phi and Salm

The Phi are a bird-like species; fast, able to fly short distances and with a nasty bite. They arn't very strong, smart nor well armoured, meaning they are easy prey for many creatures.
Salm are small, lizard-monkey like creatures. They are very slow and also under-armoured, but have strong claws which allow them to deal a lot of damage, as well as manipulate and open fruits the Phi can't.

The birth cycles of both creatures are linked, and the species have become symbiotic. At an early age Phi and Salms pair up, creating a relationship which will last them for life. Their bond becomes so strong that they are able to think like each other, and many believe that at least one of the pair has some psychic abilities.

All three are on my sporepedia page =D

Update
Video:

<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EEf4pcB9GY4" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=EEf4pcB9GY4</a>

Offline Pietoro

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
    • My Sporepedia
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2008, 05:41:54 pm »

I'm not a massive fan of the sandtoad myself, but meh. I want to make some good prey creatures anyway, to fill up worlds. My guess is 99% of people will be making maxed-out creatures, making the game a lot tougher than it should be..

Yeah, I like making 'food chain creatures' myself. Biodiversity is good! =)
"Ooh rabba la dee teeb, ooh babba labba squeeb!"

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2008, 06:55:06 pm »

I'm not a massive fan of the sandtoad myself, but meh. I want to make some good prey creatures anyway, to fill up worlds. My guess is 99% of people will be making maxed-out creatures, making the game a lot tougher than it should be...

Anyway, some a new design;

Phi and Salm

The Phi are a bird-like species; fast, able to fly short distances and with a nasty bite. They arn't very strong, smart nor well armoured, meaning they are easy prey for many creatures.
Salm are small, lizard-monkey like creatures. They are very slow and also under-armoured, but have strong claws which allow them to deal a lot of damage, as well as manipulate and open fruits the Phi can't.

The birth cycles of both creatures are linked, and the species have become symbiotic. At an early age Phi and Salms pair up, creating a relationship which will last them for life. Their bond becomes so strong that they are able to think like each other, and many believe that at least one of the pair has some psychic abilities.

All three are on my sporepedia page =D

Cool!
Reminds me of these guys from KotOR...
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2008, 11:51:49 am »
^^

OK, I still want comments on all the above ('cause I think they're good at least) but I'l give half an internetz to the first person to figure out who this creature is based off;

<a href="http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtSwt54_U4" target="_blank">http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=XFtSwt54_U4</a>

Download:

Yeah, i've been abusing glitches D=

Oh, and the creature's name is Sawmasauran. No copyright infringement here, folks....

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2008, 11:54:21 am »
I like the birdies and those guys, but what the freak is that?
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline K3rnan

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2008, 12:04:42 pm »
Really liked Hevox, great work on all your creatures!
Please check out my Spore profile or visit my YouTube channel!