Author Topic: Game Over?  (Read 2861 times)

Offline russellmania4

• Tempest Top Dog
  • i r from teh spores
    • View Profile
    • Yummy Goode
Game Over?
« on: August 26, 2006, 05:58:07 pm »
Okay, I don't think anyone has posted about this so...

I am actually a little surprised that I only thought about this now as I have been obsessed with spore for around a year now. So what happens when your creature gets

killed? The common thing that happens is that you get brought back to the last time you saved, or you could be brought back to the beginning of the stage. But that

seems as if it just doesn't fit in a game like Spore. After all, it's about evolution, it doesn't make sense if you suddenly go backwards in time after you die. Also in the

Space Stage, what happens when your ship gets blown up? 1 more question: Can you heal? Lets say you get hurt in a battle, can you heal yourself/regain life after a

while, or do you keep that amount of health for the rest of the creature stage? So what do you guys on the forum think?

You killed Harry Potter  >:( !!!!!
Yes. Yes I did.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
Re: Game Over?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2006, 06:02:05 pm »
If you die in the creature stage, you go back to the previous generation, so you can make the adjustments you need to your creature to survive. I don't think it's ever been revealed what will happen if you get killed in the later phases, though.

I'm sure you will be able to heal in the creature stage, it would be pretty ridiculous if there wasn't some way to regain health.

Offline X-SpaceSpore-X

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2006, 06:21:54 pm »

I am actually a little surprised that I only thought about this now as I have been obsessed with spore for around a year now. So what happens when your creature gets

killed? The common thing that happens is that you get brought back to the last time you saved, or you could be brought back to the beginning of the stage. But that

seems as if it just doesn't fit in a game like Spore. After all, it's about evolution, it doesn't make sense if you suddenly go backwards in time after you die. Also in the

Space Stage, what happens when your ship gets blown up? 1 more question: Can you heal? Lets say you get hurt in a battle, can you heal yourself/regain life after a

while, or do you keep that amount of health for the rest of the creature stage? So what do you guys on the forum think?

Offline Sub

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • End is tough.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2006, 06:23:56 pm »

Actaully, having you revert back to your previous creature is much more realistic than any other solution.  Think of it like this, if your creature dies, its because the changes you made to your creature weren't for the best and there is a better evolutionary path.  Natural selection.

Offline Chaosenigma

• Mystery House Madman
  • Happi faic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2006, 07:01:35 pm »
Similarly It's possible in the city/space stage that

You gain control of another city (unowned by you but same species)
AI might not attack you if you only have one world/ city

Sitting quietly waiting for spore's release....... for 2 years and counting T_T.

Offline scorpia11

• Battlezone Captain
  • Who else but Quagmire!!??
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2006, 05:16:11 am »
will wright has said that proper 'game over' occurs when your race becomes extinct, eg not helping your fellow species, and failing to produce new generations.

Offline Millsy111

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2006, 06:57:24 am »
I would imagine that eating food, aswell as giving you DNA points, will also replenish your health.

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2006, 07:04:21 am »
Actaully, having you revert back to your previous creature is much more realistic than any other solution. Think of it like this, if your creature dies, its because the changes you made to your creature weren't for the best and there is a better evolutionary path.  Natural selection.

not neccesarily...you could just suck at playing it :D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]