Author Topic: Please post your Spore questions for me here...  (Read 43273 times)

Offline TheNewGuy

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
Re: Please post your Spore questions for me here...
« Reply #105 on: June 02, 2005, 05:33:58 pm »
I don't know the official word on snakes (i hope slithering is a possibility, though), but i know snails are no good.  we know that creatures have to be vertebrates, and snails arent.  but, you might be able to make something that looks kind of snail-ish. 

Offline Tarrasque

• Mystery House Madman
  • Freedom at last!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: June 02, 2005, 05:59:58 pm »
Will carnivores actually bite pieces out of their prey once killed (or still hunted)? Cant determine it in the video.
"I'm Jack's complete lack of surprise"

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: June 02, 2005, 06:04:15 pm »
I'm pretty sure that in the video the Willosaurus bites off little cjunks to eat. Could be wrong though. Steve did say in his GDC podcast that this happens though if thats any help!

Offline Ketro Fett

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: June 02, 2005, 07:13:27 pm »
Er, sorry to bring this up again, but...

It seems like a few people are hoping that this game won't be too "kid-friendly."  I don't see the problem, it's just your mental attitude.  When an eight-year-old makes a Pikachu, it's "stupid!!!", but when Will Wright makes a Care Bear, it's "GENIUS LOL!  8)". 

So, yeah.  I don't see the big issue with having little kids playing the game.  I'm sure they'd enjoy it just as much as we would (who are the biggest fans of Lego and K'Nex?) and depriving them of the experience seems pointless.  Besides, there will probably some sort of content filter in the game that will allow you to keep stuff you don't want to see out of your galaxy.

Offline Areku

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: June 02, 2005, 07:24:37 pm »
It seems like a few people are hoping that this game won't be too "kid-friendly." I don't see the problem, it's just your mental attitude. When an eight-year-old makes a Pikachu, it's "stupid!!!", but when Will Wright makes a Care Bear, it's "GENIUS LOL! 8)".

VERY well said  ;)

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: June 02, 2005, 07:50:04 pm »
Is it possible to save your creature periodically and let it evolve on its' own as a seperate creature in your planet?

i.e., suppose I make an eel-like creature that slithers/flops onto land. It branches off into a more snake like creature which is longer, but loses its' fins, and a creature with longer (stubbier) fins that would turn into a Salamandar type creature. Would it be possible to save the snake-like creature and see how it evolves while I'm playing with the salamandar-like creature?

Offline Spinal232

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • For LUEshi!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 02, 2005, 08:08:49 pm »
its genius because its freakin will wrights carebear
…./|,-‘`ŻŻ`\(o)_\,----,,,_…………
…( `\(o),,_/` Ż : o : : :0 `-, ………

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: June 02, 2005, 09:07:18 pm »
(who are the biggest fans of Lego and K'Nex?)

Hey, I love legos! But then again, I don't see why kids wouldnae enjoy this. I know I would have absolutely LOVED to have this as a kid. And seriously, kids aren't pikachu fanboys, they're full of new ideas and drawrings that are cute in a crappy sort of way. I'd love to get the Spore Editor and give it to a bunch of kiddies and see what they make. Note to self: Do that.

I know that when I was your age *spit* I would have loved to be able to draw something then see it all come to life. But you kids nowadays are wusses, not like in my day. In my day, toddlers went out hunting bears and smiting elves and stuff, but you kids have your tee-vees and your spore and all of that. Not like in my day, why back then... *snore*

NOTE TO ANYEVERYBODY: I am the exact opposite of old. I'm 14.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline jujubee

• Missile Commander
  • Notoriously Unnotorious
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: June 03, 2005, 03:12:13 am »
only think I got agenst Pikachues and stuff is the legal side of thing. I'm just thinking of City of Heros type of situation.(althouge Marvil created the charictars themselves) I don't want whoever makes Poke'e'mon to sue.

Offline Gandysampras

• Fishing Derby Champion
  • Spore - It's whatever you want it to be
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: June 03, 2005, 03:18:51 am »
No-one could make a pikachu so accurate that it would violate copyright laws anyway, so we shouldnt worry!
Unless someone goes a little crazy and spends a little too long on one we should be fine!

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 03, 2005, 07:59:31 am »
No-one could make a pikachu so accurate that it would violate copyright laws anyway, so we shouldnt worry!
Unless someone goes a little crazy and spends a little too long on one we should be fine!

Did you see Will's Carebear? It was a very good resemblance, so a Pikachu may not be that difficult either  ;)
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
« Reply #116 on: June 03, 2005, 08:31:16 am »
I can see myself running away from a rampaging carnivorous Pikachu only to be ambushed by a giant penis. 

And loving every second of it.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline jujubee

• Missile Commander
  • Notoriously Unnotorious
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 03, 2005, 12:42:10 pm »
well I would think that they would sencor the genicals out. I mean all other games by them seem to be "T" and this would mean it would be "Ao"

Offline Aooogah

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 03, 2005, 12:47:07 pm »
Will you be able to determine if your creature's fur is curly or straight?

Will your creature need to have graspers in order to evolve sentience?

Can you determine the colors and pattern of your creature's fur/scales/feathers?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2005, 01:00:27 pm by Aooogah »

Offline Dauntless

• Pac-Man Maniac
  • EA = Electronic A*seholes
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: June 03, 2005, 03:02:13 pm »
Stever - in your last pod-cast you said something like...
Quote from: Gaming Steve
We thought Spore looked pretty close to completion but its actually a Loooong way off
Could you say what is falling short so far? Just tell me to shut the hell up and listen to the PC again if its in there :) I just had a crazy hope that if the editor is functioning well, we might see a Spore version of the Sims 2 body-shop thingy

Thanks  :)
dd/mm/yy

Remember, the Spore will be with you....one day

http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Plusi - My SPOREPEDIA Page