Author Topic: Uber-Religious/Right Wing people and their reaction to this game  (Read 12408 times)

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
Re: Uber-Religious/Right Wing people and their reaction to this game
« Reply #30 on: June 07, 2005, 07:30:35 pm »
Oh, dwelling on your origins is bad. Trust me, I once tried to figure out what was before anything in my life, before my earliest memories, before my birth. I dwelled on it and eventually I got an answer. Then I wondered what was before that. I know it sounds silly, but bear with me.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline syphonbyte

• Moon Patroller
  • You know what the payment is...
    • View Profile
    • The Village of Fools
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005, 08:31:31 pm »
I agree. Let's dwell on why Haddeen's avatar looks like a black guy wearing glasses in profile when you look from the corner of your eye.

On topic: I think the people at http://www.almenconi.com might have a problem with Spore, but then again they've lightened up recently...

Offline Haddeen Sol

• Adventure Ace
  • The proletariat are undeserving of my presence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005, 09:32:01 pm »
It's a Chaos Space Marine.

Eh.. Those people are weird. I was exposed to sex and violence as a child and it never hurt me none. Although people liking Christian music and that kinda crap is fine by me, I don't like people imposing their own beliefs on children.
Riot grrrrl!

Offline NoobZoRz

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2005, 09:39:19 pm »
Well, lets have a happy ending to this post, shall we? The fact of the matter is, its a little trivial to assume any particular group will react negatively to a concept that isn't going to be on "mainstream" media radar for at least a year and 2 months. Personally, I have been dreaming of a game like this since the mid-1990s (such a long time ago, isn't it? Seems like ages...) and wish Will Wright the best in his efforts to complete the (eagerly) anticipated product.
Matthew 12:25 <br /> -Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand."