Poll

Syria?

Yes
6 (23.1%)
No
20 (76.9%)

Total Members Voted: 26

Author Topic: Politics  (Read 817274 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Politics
« Reply #2850 on: August 06, 2011, 12:35:53 pm »
You're also not one of our regular, active members.

The more active you become, the worse the problem gets.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2851 on: August 06, 2011, 12:38:00 pm »
Am i the only one who doesn't think the problem is that severe?
No, but that doesn't mean you're right.

If munchkin isn't one of the regulars, then I guess the list of regulars consists of 5 people?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2852 on: August 06, 2011, 12:52:33 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0spFY1I2NQ</a>.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2853 on: August 06, 2011, 12:55:14 pm »

The more active you become, the worse the problem gets.

Well i'm here everyday, post almost everyday and read almost all the posts on the forum.

I do know what you're talking about, it's just that the way i see it the dynamic on the forum is what you'd expect for a varied group of people, and if you're unhappy with the way someone is behaving you're better off calling them out on it, and if everyone does that their behaviour will shift gradually. Harsh moderation is prone to just to pissing people off, especially the sorts of people who'd be targetted by it.

Offline sgore

• Boulder Dasher
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #2854 on: August 06, 2011, 01:08:01 pm »
To quote the U.S. constitution:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just Powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form

*Cough* Declaration of Independence *Cough*
*Cough* Completely different document *Cough*
*Cough* Does not have the same legal standing as the United States Constitution, and is one of the most commonly misattributed quotes in American political discourse *Cough*
*Cough* I'm just saying, it's something that should be pointed out. *Cough*

On a side note, I really need a Ludens or something.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2855 on: August 06, 2011, 01:44:34 pm »
sounds like it, you sure are coughing a lot, you feeling ok? don't want you getting sick

Offline sgore

• Boulder Dasher
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #2856 on: August 06, 2011, 02:58:26 pm »
I thank you for your concern, fine sir. I think I'll be okay.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2857 on: August 06, 2011, 07:38:33 pm »
As far as I'm concerned, they all need to be stripped of their position. They're complacent and useless.

If you have a problem with a moderator then take it to Steve. It's his forum and his rules. We follow his guidelines. You call me too nice yet I've banned the most people on this forum. A lot of moderating is done by pm's and not in public.

Keep things in perspective people, it's a forum. If you don't like it here and it doesn't suit your needs, then don't come. If your going to stay and interact then follow the rules and be nice about it.

I hate politics.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2858 on: August 06, 2011, 08:21:13 pm »
OM NOM NOM, delicious, drama.

But really.

Woah. What the heck just happened? Are we seriously getting that upset over stuff like this? I like to imagine most of us are 'friends'. I would probably not go to your state to help you but if you had a problem that I could fix, I would probably see if I could help. Isn't that basically all of us?

Pat, people don't stop the stuff you do because some of us find it entertaining. I do, anyway. Isn't it all in good fun? That, and most of the time I don't think you're actively seeking to hurt people. I mean, who is? If your real life situation is less than stellar I am sorry. Don't come on to this place, a place where people seek fun and friendship, and bring people down though. Most of us are here to have fun afterall, and you do that just as much as the rest of us. Chillax, please. No matter how bad life gets don't turn on us, we didn't do it. Force isn't required here, and this is most certainly not a place to fight fire with fire. This is especially true since you can easily just ignore someone, since this is a forum it isn't even required to read or respond to someones post.

Sure we have some people on this forum who can be brutish or dicks at times. But what community doesn't have it's share of people like that? I like almost everyone on this place because of what they bring, it's unique and I accept that.

Calm the hell down people. The worlds not going anywhere.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 08:24:03 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

gec05

« Reply #2859 on: August 06, 2011, 11:32:14 pm »
Yeah, as for me, I joke around with Pat because I feel we both respect each other enough. And I mean no ill will. Part of what being a mod is trying to make an enjoyable community and have fun without making people cry or upset.

Sadly, Pat apparently doesn't mutually feel that way with me, and that saddens me really. But based on many varying factors, I think we can chill out a little.

In reality, if it were my choice, I would ban any discussion about religion and politics outright. No questions asked. That's how I feel. Drama always stems from these topics and I hate to bring such sensitive subjects into a community based on socializing and video games. You wanna talk hardball, do it somewhere else. That's all I have to say.

Really guys, I am disappointed some of you can't get along. You think I'm lazy? Well some of you bitch and moan about issues you have with someone else when you could reconcile and rationalize with them yourselves like adults. Apparently some of you don't have the social skills to do so. And that pisses me off.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 12:21:51 am by Eligecos »

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2860 on: August 07, 2011, 06:46:54 am »
Oh no. No no no no. This is NOT going to fall apart on me now. I just started taking steps to recover from the antisocial streak that mental breakdown years ago gave me and now you're going to descend into fighting amongst each other? Stop. Now.

Pat evidently isn't himself for whatever reason. There's scant reason to believe that after such an investment of time and words he's put into this place that he'd toss his standing down the drain for the sake of nothing more than apparent wounded pride. That strange list of slights against each moderator he posted I feel would be better off deleted or edited. Whatever is going on it would likely be best to consider those words to have not been spoken by him. Ask yourself if that's the guy you really know talking.

One way or another this can't afford to continue.

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2861 on: August 07, 2011, 07:09:26 am »
Well said Luminar and no, it's not going to fall apart. We're all going to be just fine.

I don't think Pat is himself either. Not the Pat I know. I think I might take your suggestion and remove the content. It's preserved in the admin section anyway.

Now... back to the lovely subject of politics.

Offline Great Distance

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #2862 on: August 07, 2011, 07:59:11 am »
Hey, everyone's a bit of a dick every now and then.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #2863 on: August 07, 2011, 08:06:05 am »
And that is politics in a nutshell.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #2864 on: August 07, 2011, 05:09:45 pm »
In reality, if it were my choice, I would ban any discussion about religion and politics outright. No questions asked. That's how I feel. Drama always stems from these topics and I hate to bring such sensitive subjects into a community based on socializing and video games. You wanna talk hardball, do it somewhere else. That's all I have to say.

Words alone can not describe how much I agree with this.