Author Topic: The Nostalgia Thread  (Read 13457 times)

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: The Nostalgia Thread
« Reply #45 on: October 08, 2010, 09:04:05 pm »
Freakazoid and Animaniacs! AWWW YEAH!

Offline Rysworld

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 08, 2010, 09:28:04 pm »
Oh wow, animaniacs.

I loved that show, it was my early childhood, aside from Invader Zim and Bill Nye.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #47 on: October 08, 2010, 09:52:06 pm »
Playtime is over babies.

My first games were Super Mario Land and Tetris on the Gameboy.

Not the Gameboy anything. Just the Gameboy. It was the size of a brick and had a glorious creamed spinach screen and tin-tastic sound.

My first game was on a Commodore 64 computer. It had to be either Goofy Matterhorn, Sim City or Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I forget. It also had like Dig Dug, Centipede, Tetris, some Micky Mouse thing and some other random old games.

However my first console game was Duck Hunt / Gyromite / Super Mario. They all came with the NES. I think duck hunt was first since I recall the gun part.

As for my first hand held game, it was I think Echo the Dolphin for Sega Game Gear. It was not until later with the Pokemon craze did I get a Game Boy (only for Pokemon I might add). I was in high school then which was even sadder. But when you have a little sister all into it, its hard not to get into Pokemon too. I stopped caring about it around silver and gold.

On the risk of putting myself into Hydro's camp but, one of my first games was SimLife.

God, SimLife was awesome.  I still have the old floppies around here somewhere.

I remember I always had my Dad draw the creatures for me.

I still have them installed on my PC and the icons on my desktop. I play them now and then when I feel nostalgic. I men the files are so small. Yet back then i swear it took forever for them to install.

@Flisch

Yay! Of all the games to be exposed to that is a good one!

super mario bros/duck hunt on the nes, suck it sam
also remember playing tons of river city ransom, ducktales, and tmnt...god, i never beat a game in my nes times >.>

what really makes me nostalgia aside from games, is memories of the vacation trips to italy, good times yo

Yeah tmnt and ducktales were great on the NES. My neighbor had contra and was addicted to that game. Anyone remember "Game Genie"?
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 09:59:12 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline emmet

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2010, 02:01:57 am »
When did Fringe become being awesome? >_>

The first season picks up badly, but starts getting better a little over halfway through. The second season was great, with an incredible finale, and so far the third season is looking to be even better.
No way dude, you're trolling me.