Author Topic: Behind Enemy Lines  (Read 2457 times)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
Behind Enemy Lines
« on: April 09, 2007, 07:19:47 pm »
(OOC: Alright, my species is in sort of an RP frought, so I'm gonna toss in some flavor!)

(Background: If you read the Tal'po creature bio, you might know that their dominant belief was a sort of mythology based on that of those who lived on the side of the moon facing the planet, although there were more sparsely populated tribes on the other side with much different religions. Since they have been all but obliviated, some have turned to dangerous radicalism in their beliefs.)

Aboard the supply ship Dorokant travelling through the artifical Wexxian wormhole.

A rough voice crackled over the audio.

Fourth Gortus Gargh: "This is Gargh. We are now approaching the point of exit, at which time we will deposit our supplies at a rebel supply dump and initialize the return sequence. I am officially setting the ship to medial security. Everyone be on their guard. That is all."

Inside the cargo chamber.

Thran looked down from the audio box. Sweat was beading on his forehead. I must be careful he thought. They must not know. He looked longingly at the explosive stretched across his tusks. The stars will raise me up and I will be great he thought. I will shine more brightly than all the stars in the Nalla Nebula. He slowly stood up and walked over to a small crate, covered in a fine red silky cloth. Upon the cloth was a small platter, and in the platter but a drop of crimson red liquid. He reached out and dipped his hand in, touching his right tusk in three places, and on his left he placed two. Malak'toh Huruktan Pan Er For he whispered, then turned his tusks upword and closed his eyes. He slowly brought his hand to a panel on his chest.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gargh was hurled into the far wall, his left side singed. His eyes stayed open for only a moment, and he watched through the front view panel as the wormhole reverberated and suddenly, the ship drifted to one side...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A blinding light filled the night sky of an uninhabited moon, deep in REDSTAR space. The light faded and a long cargo ship was seen barreling toward the moon trailing a jet of fire.

Shipman Zok: "All crew evacuate vessel! All crew evacuate vessel!"

He was shook violently as he struggled to stay up at the communication headquarters.

The vessel was seen splitting apart, multiple smaller vessels flying away. The freighter exploded and fireballed down to the surface with a roar, creating a both beautiful and terrible meteor shower.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shipman Thar emerges from a smoking escape pod, the ground around it charred. He glanced around and saw several others emerging like him. He glanced at a sensor panel back inside the escape pod.

Scanning...

Scanning...

Error. Spire interference. Tetheron detected. Aborting.

Damn! He thought to himself. Falling out of the wormhole blocked our sensors. He did a double take. We fell out of a wormhole, he thought as a terrrified expression came over him. And we could be anywhere...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Comments anyone?)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 07:51:59 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Behind Enemy Lines
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 11:38:02 am »
(So a Tal'Po ship was wormholing, then a rebel or an enemy detonated an explosive that dropped them out of the wormhole, possibly in wormhole space? I'll see where this goes)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 01:07:01 pm »
(Actually, they were using the artificial wormhole technology provided by the Wexxians to transport supplies to REDSTAR planet rebels, but a member of a radical religion on the home moon hitched a ride and martyred himself)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 12:01:16 am »
(You requested my participation in this RP. I do not know what you expect though.)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 11:21:22 am »
(Well they're in REDSTAR space, and they're going to want to get home. You need a scout ship to detect them or something to a similar effect so that it becomes an incident.)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2007, 11:59:43 am »
// This is REDSTAR [Union Sector] Exploration Vehicle 221.DP, give you identities or be sent for reeducation. //

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 01:46:32 pm »
On the moon...

Thar heard a strange sound coming from the escape pod. He moved in for a closer look.

// ..his i.. [Unio... Explor...on ..icle 22..P, give yo... tities or ... s...t for r...cation. //

Thar couldn't make out what it said through the tetheron interference. He initialised a magnetic cleanser and stripped the edge of the pod. He leaned back inside and replayed the transmission. It was processed by a filter onscreen and began to play again:

// This is REDSTAR [Union Sector] Exploration Vehicle 221.DP, give you identities or be sent for reeducation. //

Thar's mouth dropped open. Wait, REDSTAR!? A cold chill ran up his spine. We're trapped in REDSTAR space...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thar and the other survivors began to gather in a large group near the cluster of escape pods. Thar stood up on a large rock and looked down at the others.

Thar: "I have some terrible news. It seems that in falling out of the wormhole, we have landed somehwhere in REDSTAR space,"

A roar came from the crowd, and several began to yell outbursts.

Chab: "We'll never escape!"

Zanar: "Fool! We shall fight to the last!"

Thar: "That's enough! Quiet!"

The crowd grudgingly calmed.

Thar: "We need to get out of here quickly. Our escape pods have manuvering thrusters, and if we cluster them we may be able to get home. You, *points to a small group off to the left* get whatever machinery you can find in the wrckage. You, *points to a group near the boulder* begin to find food. We're going to need to find shelter as well. I'll be sending any transmissions possible to stave off an investigation from a scout vessel, but we don't have much time. Let's get to work, and power be with you all!"

The crowd disbanded and Thar moved back to his escape pod.

// REDTSTAR Exploration vehicle 221.DP, This is the commander of a REDSTAR research team investigating this moon. Our operation is not meant to be revealed to outside forces, so be about your work. This area is restricted by the government. //

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2007, 11:54:52 am »
// Give immediate response, or prepare to be captured for re-education. Unauthorized access can be punished by capital punishment if no cooperation occurs! //

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2007, 12:15:10 pm »
A small Moon, on the outskirts of REDSTAR space

"Come on you lot, hurry it up." Luke called to the mismatched throng of species. "Just dump the crates, and get out of here." That's all they had been told, dump the crates on this planet.  He made his way back to the ship, and found that a AoH distress beacon was being relayed. "Pilot, take us to the moon that distress beacon is coming from. It looks Tal'Po."

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2007, 12:47:56 pm »
(OOC: Daan, they did just respond... want did you want them to say?)

Offline Daan

• Lode Runner
  • Cookie!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2007, 01:03:48 pm »
OOC: Make an OOC thread! And yes, they did respond.