Author Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog  (Read 3050 times)

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
Sonic the Hedgehog
« on: May 08, 2006, 10:39:50 am »
Well, the new Sonic trailer just went up on the Xbox Live Market place, and can now be downloaded from Xboxyde. http://xboxyde.com/news_2888_en.html

It's apparantly a completely new start for Sonic.  I have to say the realistic characters are pretty cool.  Eggman and the princess look very human.
However I'm not a fan of Sonic Team including all these other characters.  Can't we have a game focused purely on Sonic?  Things didn't look too bad just with the one other new playable character, a white hedgehog, but it seems Shadow is also in the game and drives something very similiar to a Halo warthog.  Shadow didn't need to be in another game after SA2 and certainly didn't need to be in this.

Looks pretty interesting though, it's also worth noting that there only seems to be one chaos emerald now.

Offline Aybraus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • aka VFX Watch aka Toothy aka Chris.
    • View Profile
Re: Sonic the Hedgehog
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2006, 12:02:30 pm »
Have they updated the characters yet?  Sonic's "raditude" and Shadow's "baditude" are starting to get annoying.
I'm toothy22 on Steam. Someone needs to invite me into the GS clan!

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2006, 12:45:17 pm »
Whatever happened to "Robotnik is trying to take over the world using the Chaos emeralds! We need to stop him!"? I liked that. That worked.

Note to Sonic Team: You don't need to introduce a new character every game if you make the characters that you've got good.

Bah, perhaps I'm being too negative. I'm sure it'll be proficient.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2006, 01:58:31 pm »
I'm sick of Sonic and his stupid in your face "I'm soooooo cooooool!!!!". Hes like the kid that tries too hard.
Until he accepts who he truly is he will never be cooler than mario or the other industry mascots.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2006, 02:09:33 pm »
Meh, seeing as the team that made Sonic left Sega, and how bad the last couple of Sonic games have been. Meh.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2006, 02:38:47 pm »
Sonice needs to be taken out back and shot, just like Lassie. He's gone mad with mascotism!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2006, 03:02:42 pm »
Sonice needs to be taken out back and shot, just like Lassie. He's gone mad with mascotism!
But hes SO AWESOME! Hed just do a matrix slo-mo jump and punch the bullets back at you and then whip out a guitar and ROCK OUT, because he ROCKS SO MUCH! The hed use the guitar as a surfboard and surf into a hotrod.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2006, 05:28:35 am »
I loved the game on a 2D plane, but it just doesn't work in 3D no matter how hard you try

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2006, 09:19:56 am »
But cant you see how much more INSANELY AWESOME he is in 3d!?! He could probably jump right out of the screen and beat the crap out of you in the worlds most RADICAL fasion, then steal your car (with Gangsta GTA car thief skillz) and jump off some TOTALLY SWEET JUMPS! Then hed challenge Mario to an arm wrestle but hed win by default because hes SO AWESOME!

I  have to agree. Just make the game 2d and give it fancy shmancy next-gen graphics you know what? Just make some new levels for the (genuinely good) old games because they actually reached the peak of what sonic has to offer as a platform game.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2006, 09:32:11 am »
when I want 3D sonic I'll stick with Sonic CD. It had those "3D like" loops, lol

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 07:19:32 pm »
More complaints I guess...

Did any of you see the new Sonic the Hedgehog trailer?

Check it out...

http://www.gametrailers.com/gamepage.php?id=2146

I am not quite sure what happened... I think a few of my brain cells died after watching that...

I mean... Dr. Robotnik looks pretty cool with his new form and whatnot but what the balls was the rest of that stuff... I get the princess and the emerald and the white dude but still... I am sure it will be fun but it looks like another mediocre entry into the Sonic universe...

These 3D Sonic games make my head spin sometimes...

Offline jedi55555

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2006, 12:46:29 pm »
That Sonic demo was awful in my opinion.  I tried to play it and after about 5 minutes just sat the controller down, shook my head and wondered what happened to Sonic.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2006, 02:33:40 pm »
That Sonic demo was awful in my opinion. I tried to play it and after about 5 minutes just sat the controller down, shook my head and wondered what happened to Sonic.

He found a better place ... on the Wii.

Offline Devoid

• Qix Crazy
  • Join the resistance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2006, 03:41:48 pm »
That Sonic demo was awful in my opinion.  I tried to play it and after about 5 minutes just sat the controller down, shook my head and wondered what happened to Sonic.

He found a better place ... on the Wii.

Indeed, I've been hearing great things about the Sonic game on the Wii. On the Wiire podcast, a couple of them played it at E3 and said it was a ton of fun to play. Should be interesting.