Author Topic: Bridge to Terabithia  (Read 5636 times)

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
Bridge to Terabithia
« on: February 05, 2007, 02:48:30 pm »
I have not been filled with his much rage over a movie since.....EVER!

This is the most horrible abomination ever created, judging from the trailers. It seems that all they left from the books was the title! It's obviously trying to grapple onto the post LotR fantasy movie trend, but that wasn't what the book was about at all. It was a serious, down to Earth story that many people could relate to. Such s shame they are turning this from a great book to "Lil' Legolas and Catwoman vs. Narnia (With a sideplot about some emotional thing!)".

Trialer: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bridge_to_terabithia/trailers.php

Anybody else read the book and is disgusted with the movie?

DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
Re: Bridge to Terabithia
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2007, 04:04:44 pm »
The movie does seam like its way off from the book. From the looks of it the movie looks like garbage. It looks like its trying to bring in a very young adudience and i think the book has some parts that they couldnt handle.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Bastardman

• Robotron Automaton
  • Dawn of the Final Day (24 hours remain)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 04:33:58 pm »
Quote from: Stock Trailer Voice Over Man #3
THIS WINTER.

WHEN YOU GO LOOKING FOR ADVENTURE.

BE PREPARED TO FIND.

MORE THAN YOU EVER IMAGINED.
Truly, the age of god awful fantasy movies is upon us.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2007, 05:07:12 pm »

QFT.

Now Terry Brooks Magic Kingdom for sale-SOLD! is being made into movie. Somehow the crappy Eragon book was made into a movie. I honestly don't know what is next.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:43:11 pm »

QFT.

Now Terry Brooks Magic Kingdom for sale-SOLD! is being made into movie.

Uhg. I read that. When I saw the cover and read the synopsis I expected it to be a parody... unfortunately it was just standard pulp fantasy. Boo.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:12:07 pm »
I have not been filled with his much rage over a movie since.....EVER!

This is the most horrible abomination ever created, judging from the trailers. It seems that all they left from the books was the title! It's obviously trying to grapple onto the post LotR fantasy movie trend, but that wasn't what the book was about at all. It was a serious, down to Earth story that many people could relate to. Such s shame they are turning this from a great book to "Lil' Legolas and Catwoman vs. Narnia (With a sideplot about some emotional thing!)".

Trialer: http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bridge_to_terabithia/trailers.php

Anybody else read the book and is disgusted with the movie?
Wasn't the book also partly about the power of imagination? Why, I can think of nothing better to make a movie about.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 06:02:24 pm »
From the trailer it looks like a load of nauseatingly sacharine crap.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 07:23:45 am »
I think this movie will be what Disney wanted to do to the Narnia books. 
But yeah, this movie doesn't look anything like the book.  It doesn't even look like Terabithia, for that matter.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 01:30:41 pm »
sorry...but i never even heard of the book X_X is it even in europe?

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 02:36:35 pm »
I think this movie will be what Disney wanted to do to the Narnia books

Um ... like what exactly?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 05:33:46 pm »
Like they throw out most of the original story, add whatever they think will be cute or marketable, and then milk it for product tie-ins.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 01:10:18 am »
Well, I've never read the book, and in all probability never will. Taken by its own merits, is the movie any good? I know that as a book adaption, the black cauldron was abysmal, but as just a movie, its actually pretty good.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 01:20:37 pm »
Like they throw out most of the original story, add whatever they think will be cute or marketable, and then milk it for product tie-ins.

They didn't do that with Narnia, did they? Though to be fair, they only distributed that flick.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2007, 10:16:18 am »
Review:

OK, we saw the fluffy trailers and any of you that have read my other reviews knows I don't like fluffy family movies that are constantly forcing your brains to drip out of your ears. So...

THIS IS NOT s LoTR rip-off or a super fluffy CG-fest. This is an adult movie with adult subject matter. I never read the book so I cannot comment on how well they followed the story. Although rated PG, they might as well rate it PG-13 as children under 13 are going to be asking a lot of questions and won't be very entertained (having brought a 3yr old boy and an 8yr old girl, the story generated a LOT of real world questions on the way home turn a fun family outing in to an after-school special).

I don't want to spoil anything here for anybody that wants to see it, but it should be considered a family drama about growing up and not a fantasy-action piece. It is a good movie that tells a good story set mostly in the real world (the trailers are very misleading). It won't last in the theaters, but it'll probably get nods for the various awards.

For a Drama I give it and A-
For kids I give it an F

To give you an idea how off this movie is from the trailers. Watch this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7h6o3I8yw
Then go rent 'The Shining'
-Lego
« Last Edit: February 17, 2007, 10:20:13 am by Legodragonxp »

Offline Malt

• Swordquest Superstar
  • Experience Dance Tonight!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 17, 2007, 10:24:03 am »
Review:

OK, we saw the fluffy trailers and any of you that have read my other reviews knows I don't like fluffy family movies that are constantly forcing your brains to drip out of your ears. So...

THIS IS NOT s LoTR rip-off or a super fluffy CG-fest. This is an adult movie with adult subject matter. I never read the book so I cannot comment on how well they followed the story. Although rated PG, they might as well rate it PG-13 as children under 13 are going to be asking a lot of questions and won't be very entertained (having brought a 3yr old boy and an 8yr old girl, the story generated a LOT of real world questions on the way home turn a fun family outing in to an after-school special).

I don't want to spoil anything here for anybody that wants to see it, but it should be considered a family drama about growing up and not a fantasy-action piece. It is a good movie that tells a good story set mostly in the real world (the trailers are very misleading). It won't last in the theaters, but it'll probably get nods for the various awards.

For a Drama I give it and A-
For kids I give it an F

To give you an idea how off this movie is from the trailers. Watch this trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gf7h6o3I8yw
Then go rent 'The Shining'
-Lego

I hate it 5% less now.
DUDETHISISJUSTWRONGGOLOCKTHISTHREADMALT4MOD