Author Topic: No GRAW Talk?  (Read 4454 times)

Offline mik

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Fanboys
No GRAW Talk?
« on: March 09, 2006, 09:19:25 pm »
tsk tsk

Best 360 game so far--by a wide margin.

Offline Piloteer

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • We're going to hit the mountain!
    • View Profile
Re: No GRAW Talk?
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2006, 09:24:44 pm »
This and Oblivion are really making me want a 360! Urg!

Maybe I'll ask for one this Christmas. I could easily buy one myself , but $400 is still $400. I dont know how much longer I can hold out though!

So hows the game? Whats it like?

Offline axess68

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2006, 08:42:32 pm »
I have GRAW and am thoroughly enjoying it......

But, when oblivion comes out,.......life.... will...pause...(duration unknown)

Gamer since 1978......Adventure on the Atari!

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2006, 09:00:00 pm »

Life won't pause. Your new, better life will begin. ;D

I just know I'm going to remember this post 5 years from now when an absolutely incredible RPG comes out for the Xbox 720 or whatever the hell it's called.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2006, 03:15:04 am »

Life won't pause. Your new, better life will begin. ;D

I just know I'm going to remember this post 5 years from now when an absolutely incredible RPG comes out for the Xbox 720 or whatever the hell it's called.
Like SpoRePG?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline ARogan

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • ARogan
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2006, 04:43:26 pm »
My thoughts on GRAW

Offline S3-Solid_Snake

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve Rocks
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2006, 09:15:15 am »
This is prob the best xbox 360 game out there i have alot of 360 games and this is one of my favourites ( my fav is Kameo ) but GRAW is well worth it, I just hope i can complete it before Oblivion comes out, Because that is going to take up all my time.

the grahpics on GRAW are just stunning, I had problems ever since I got the xbox 360 the HD Cables that came with it dont seem to be very good and just give the coulers of my hd tv really bad, like a tint over it constantly, So i tryed my VGA Digital Cables and now the picture is just immense.
I thought GRAW looked amazing even with all the coulers not being right, but now with the VGA Cables this is prob one of the best games i've ever played :)

just my view.

Luke.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2006, 08:06:23 pm »
What does GRAW stand for? I'm so lost, is it a market place game or somthing?

Offline mik

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
    • The Fanboys
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2006, 09:31:40 pm »
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2006, 09:52:01 pm »
OH! I understand now. I hate it when people shorten everything :P

I never got in to strategy games. That’s why I have The Outfit  ;D

Offline Leetard

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2006, 10:04:17 pm »
No money for GRAW. Probably wont get it, because ill have Oblivion in a week.

Man once I have that... see yah.

But yes GRAW looks sweet, id probably fall in love with the multiplayer, as long as xbox live treated me right and gave me good ping, unlike 3/4's of the time I try playing CoD2.

Offline l3tHa1ity

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2006, 11:30:59 pm »
I have GRAW and am thoroughly enjoying it......

I have to agree I love GRAW but once Oblivion comes out my link to the real world will be gone forever I have my Collector's Edition waiting for me at EB I cant wait!
AMD Athlon64 3400+, asus K8V SE Deluxe mobo, 1gig kingston (PC3200) Ram, asus Nvidia Geforce6800GT.

Offline Djfinny

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2006, 06:18:50 am »
the grahpics on GRAW are just stunning, I had problems ever since I got the xbox 360 the HD Cables that came with it dont seem to be very good and just give the coulers of my hd tv really bad, like a tint over it constantly,

It seems the new titles are slowly beginning to flow for the 360.  BTW - Can someone tell me what HD format these 360 games can be run at (720p, 1080i etc)?  Will it run in a native 16:9 format?  I've got a 34" Sony XBR HDTV that can do 1080p and I want to know if the 360 will take advantage of this resolution before I drop $500 bucks on the console. thanks.  AND... of course, how does it look in HD??? Thanks.

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2006, 06:53:15 am »
I have the same problem.  Too many games, not enough money.  GRAW looks pretty amazing, but Oblivion is out in less than a week and I'd rather wait and play GRAW before I actually buy it.  Is the demo up on the market place yet?

Offline Battlecow

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2006, 02:10:25 pm »
BTW - Can someone tell me what HD format these 360 games can be run at (720p, 1080i etc)?  Will it run in a native 16:9 format?  I've got a 34" Sony XBR HDTV that can do 1080p and I want to know if the 360 will take advantage of this resolution before I drop $500 bucks on the console. thanks.  AND... of course, how does it look in HD??? Thanks.

First off, GRAW looks amazing in HD. I have a 51" Sony HDTV and I'm blown away by the quality - by far the best graphics I've seen on the 360 to date.

Regarding the 360 & HD output: the console can output both a 720p and 1080i signal. When you setup your console, you select what signal you want it to output. All 360 games are required to have HD output at either 720p or 1080i (and by definition, both those signals are widescreen or 16:9). If the game's HD output and the output signal you selected for the console don't match (e.g. the game outputs 720p and you set the console to 1080i), the console simply scales the picture to match the signal you selected. I've set my console to both settings to see if I can tell the difference with and without scaling, and I can't tell if one is better than the other. Maybe a trained eye could tell the difference but they both look great to me.

Regarding your 1080p TV: the 360 doesn't have any support for 1080p. That's not surprising, considering that there currently is no standard for 1080p on televisions. Until standards are settled, 1080p on Sony will mean something different than say, 1080p on a Toshiba. Your TV undoubtedly supports 720p and 1080i. Trust me, the 360 is going to look great on your set. Your TV may even try to scale the Xbox signal to 1080p but I would recommend turnign that off for video games.
"They'll never know the joys of a monkey knife fight"